Prologue
55 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So… This is my end…”

After years of fighting, unable to reach her end, today would be the conclusion of her story. 

Dressed in dark green, a woman lay in a pool of blood, snow fluttering down onto her wrecked and wounded body. The biting cold invaded her senses, yet all she could think about was her death creeping closer.

Luo Xue wanted to hold on to life, but knew it was impossible. A thin silver blade was wedged within her chest, piercing straight through her heart. As powerful as she was, she could not recover from a wound this severe and was doomed to meet her demise.

Why? Why couldn’t she do it? After exerting every means and effort to reach her goal, yet because of her role, because of them, she could never realise the ending she desired.

In the end, she failed.

Was everything she did in vain? Luo Xue thought as her weakening gaze met a pair of purple eyes in front of her. These eyes belonged to none other than her mortal enemy.

Looking at the devilishly charming man standing beside her, his shadow enveloping her body, Luo Xue felt her vision blurring as tears formed. This man who witnessed her rise and fall would now witness her draw her last breath.

Dying from that man’s sword, Luo Xue thought she would feel humiliated by this result. Yet when the time came, she instead felt liberated from the accumulated burdens she imposed on herself.

As Luo Xue closed her eyes, ready to accept death, she felt drops of water falling onto her cheeks. She mustered up a smile as her consciousness dragged her deeper into the darkness.

At the very least, she died in her favourite weather.

2