Chapter 1: My Hulk Identity Was Stolen?
2.1k 4 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New York, a country road leading to the outskirts of the town.

An old Chevrolet car, was driving slowly on the road.

A burst of melodious country music drifted out from the half-open windows, overflowing on top of the countryside road that the vehicle passed through.

The front row of the car was occupied by a middle-aged couple, and the man was driving the car leisurely, tapping his fingers to the rhythm of the wonderful music coming out from the car radio.

The woman on the passenger seat, however, was half leaning on the seat, her eyes quietly appreciating the scenery slowly passing by outside the window.

At this moment, everything looked very harmonious and quiet, just like a family on a picnic.

As a piece of beautiful song gradually finished playing, a prelude to an energetic song suddenly came from the stereo...

"Hey (hey).

What's the matter with your head?

Yeah..."

With the prelude, a dynamic rock song rang out, making the car, which was still quiet and peaceful, instantly become more cheerful. Even the middle-aged man driving couldn't help tapping his fingers to the beat of the jumping music.

"Ben, turn the music down a bit, don't wake Peter up."

Although the dynamic song was very good, it even made the atmosphere in the car all the more cheerful.

But the rhythm of the dynamic song was a bit abrupt in the originally quiet car.

Especially with a teenager napping in the back seat of the car.

"Thanks Aunt May, but I'm already awake."

Just as Ben Parker was about to follow his wife's instructions to turn down the music, a somewhat lazy voice came from behind them, seemingly not yet completely awake.

"It's good that you're awake, it just so happens that we'll be arriving at our destination soon."

Ignoring his wife's somewhat angry eyes glaring at him, Ben Parker spoke slowly without looking back.

"Umm..."

With his brain forcefully rebooted by the music, Peter Parker could only murmur a response, then shook his somewhat dizzy head.

Although the music was indeed sleep-inducing, it depended on the type.

This classic song by Redbone was an extreme musical enjoyment for people in this world.

However, for him, who had crossed over from another world, it was another unforgettable image that slowly floated in his mind.

Because of a certain movie series from his past life, he had a completely different impression of this song.

Even though he was still asleep, when he heard the prelude of this music, a strange image still involuntarily appeared in his mind.

A certain "fool" with a god-like body comparing himself to mortals, with a Walkman around his waist, dancing to this energetic music, swaying his somewhat fat body...

It made him have to wake up from his dream.

What's more, the world he had crossed over to was the world where that "fool" was.

The music continued. In order to forget the strange image in his mind, Peter Parker could only find a topic to talk about, not letting his thoughts continue to be influenced by the music.

"Uncle Ben, when can we get a new car? The age of this car is probably older than me, right?"

A trip that should only take two or three hours, but this old car had been running for nearly a whole morning.

Anyone would probably think of getting a new car.

"What, don't like my old buddy here anymore? Don't you know which guy had to rely on me and this old buddy to help him when he missed the school bus before?"

Uncle Ben joked back.

"Uncle Ben, I've been very punctual these past few months."

Peter stated that what this fellow did before crossing over had anything to do with his present self.

"That's right, you've certainly become punctual in recent months, but you've also gotten into more trouble."

"You even dared to steal from Oscorp..."   

"If it wasn't for the fact that you're still underage and because of your parents, you'd probably still be locked up in the NYPD now!"

Thinking about this matter, Ben Parker was very angry, even at this moment, his face was still incredibly serious.

"Uncle Ben, I'm sorry to make you guys worry, but I did that for a reason."

Seeing Uncle Ben's livid face through the rearview mirror, Peter could only explain softly.

After all, having just transmigrated to this world and become Peter Parker, he naturally couldn't resist the temptation to become Spider-Man.

Doing something rather out of the ordinary for that reason should be quite understandable.

"Reason? Don't tell me it was to investigate your parents..."

Obviously there was some misunderstanding over the "reason" Peter mentioned.

"That's Enough, Ben, we didn't come out today to argue!"

As Ben was about to continue, Aunt May finally spoke up to interrupt the not-so-pleasant conversation between the two.

"I'm sorry Peter, I shouldn't have said that to you."

Ben, who was interrupted by Aunt May, also realized that what he just said might hurt Peter.

"But what happened to your parents can't be undone anymore. You can't give up your future because of them. You still have endless possibilities."

"I understand, Uncle Ben, Aunt May, you don't have to worry about me."

At this time Peter's tone seemed very calm.

"This child…"

Looking at Peter being so uncharacteristically calm, Mr. and Mrs. Parker in the front row looked at each other with a hint of worry in their eyes.

"Come and get your love …"

The music continued, and gradually, the car once again fell into a quiet atmosphere.

And Peter's thoughts also gradually returned to a few days ago when he broke into Oscorp alone.

He couldn't wait to get his powers, and couldn't wait to follow the normal course of destiny and become Spider-Man after being bitten by the fateful spider during a visit to Oscorp's bio-lab.

After some preparation, he sneaks into the Oscorp Corporation and enters the lab where the genetically engineered spider exists without any danger.

Even though the alarm was triggered when he entered, he still managed to get a genetically modified spider to bite him on the arm before the security guards arrived.

Therefore, even though he was caught by the security personnel in the end and sent to the police station, it still signaled that his purpose had been accomplished.

However, after Uncle Ben picked him up from the police station and after several days had passed until now, he still hadn't awakened his Spider-Man abilities.

"Maybe it was the wrong spider that bit me. Next time, I'll make sure every spider bites me once."

Peter, who had not succeeded in awakening his Spider-Man abilities, could only blame his failure on the spider that bit him.

And prepared to sneak into Oscorp once more.

Meanwhile, the originally cheerful music in the car came to a sudden halt.

Then a radio announcer's voice came out of the radio.

"Breaking news. Earlier today, there was a car accident on the Queensboro Bridge in Queens, New York. An SUV was rear-ended by a truck and crashed through the side of the bridge. Fortunately, just as the car was about to fall, a mysterious figure wearing tights and a mask appeared and caught the car with some kind of spider silk, pulling it back onto the bridge."

"Fortunately, it ended up causing only a handful of minor injuries and no deaths."

"According to officer George Stacy, who was at the scene, no human factors were found in this accident. Please stay tuned for further updates."

The news break ended, and at this point, Peter only had one thought in his mind.

"Someone stole my Hulk identity?"

...

(End of Chapter)

To be continued...

58