Chapter 58: The Vicious Beast
284 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nighttime, in a tightly sealed bio lab in the suburbs of New York, was still brightly lit at the moment.

Several scientists in white coats were busy conducting various experiments in the lab.

A balding researcher slowly moved away from the microscope at the lab station.

Then he opened the sealed safe behind him, took out a tube of pale yellow serum, and slowly walked into the specially isolated room.

In the center of the room, a homeless man was seen restrained on a metal lab table.

The skinny homeless man was covered in hideous wounds, seemingly not having eaten for a long time, looking extremely frail.

"No, don't do this, please let me go back!"

As the balding old man slowly approached, the homeless man on the lab table revealed an extremely strong fear in his eyes.

The already badly injured, dying body suddenly started struggling violently, trying to resist the researcher getting closer.

However, he already had very severe injuries on his body.

And having been starved for several days, even his hands, feet, torso, and head were all completely restrained by some tough metal, barely able to move at all.

So no matter how hard he struggled, it was futile.

"Don't be afraid, it'll be over soon."

The balding old man's mouth curved into a smile full of madness, slowly injecting the serum in his hand into the homeless man's arm vein.

As the serum was slowly injected into the homeless man's body, his arm that was skin and bones instantly turned yellow in the blood vessels under the skin.

Then his entire arm turned yellow as well.

Roar.

From the homeless man's mouth also erupted a beast-like howl, seemingly containing immense pain, unlike a human's.

The next moment, his skin and bones arm actually slowly started becoming sturdy.

Bang!

In the end, with a crisp sound, he even forcibly broke free of the metal restraints on his arm.

And as the restraints were broken, sharp bone spikes slowly protruded from the outside of his arm.

The bone spikes pierced through the skin, visibly growing at a rapid pace.

Soon becoming as sharp as blades, glinting with icy cold light.

By now, the balding old man had already quickly run out of the enclosed lab, closing the dozens of centimeters thick metal door without hesitation.

Then eagerly went to a small window, observing everything in the lab through multiple layers of bulletproof glass, his eyes full of madness and craving.

The homeless man inside the lab had undergone massive changes.

His frail body had become extremely muscular, looking like a huge beast, having completely broken free of restraints.

And was constantly destroying the various facilities in the lab.

Thud!

The experiment table he was lying on was casually ripped up with one hand and fiercely smashed towards the surrounding metal walls.

Then he fiercely leaped over ten meters, viciously smashing his head on the metal ceiling above, leaving a huge dent before heavily smashing onto the ground.

Then as if nothing happened, he quickly got up, shook his head, and charged at the surrounding metal walls again.

The bone spikes standing erect on his arms were like blades sharper than metal

Leaving deep gashes on the metal walls.

"Incredible, every time I see such inhuman strength, I can't help but feel fascinated."

The balding man watched the beast madly destroying the lab with intoxicated eyes.

"How's the experiment progressing? We don't have much time left, Tony Stark is already eyeing this place!"

Suddenly, a voice came from behind him, interrupting the craving in his eyes.

"Mr. Stane, you're here."

"Although the experiment has made great progress now, it still hasn't truly succeeded. The subjects have strong violent tendencies after being injected."

"Even when we incorporate the special brain fluid extracted from the human brain to suppress that peculiar violent tendency, we still can't completely eliminate it."

Turning around and looking at the sponsor supporting his mad scientific research, the balding man said regretfully.

Bang Bang Bang!

As if to prove his words, intense chaos could be heard from the sealed lab behind him.

The balding man pressed a button, and the next moment, dense toxic gas spewed out into the enclosed lab.

The rampaging monster inside instantly collapsed to the ground.

The balding man acted as if he had just done something trivial. Then, to demonstrate his research progress over this period, he opened the sealed safe next to him under Obadiah's watch.

"Please take a look, one of these serums was produced directly from the DNA extracted from that arm, while this pale yellow one is our improved serum."

He introduced the two differently colored serums to Obadiah.

"What's the difference between them?"

Obadiah looked at the two samples keenly, a hint of curiosity flashing across his face.

"Although these initial serums can give humans unbelievable strength, they have terrible side effects. After injection, they will completely become a kind of monstrous beast full of violence and bloodlust, utterly devoid of reason."

"While our improved serum will also have strong violent tendencies after use, they won't completely lose human consciousness, and there are no unacceptable side effects."

"Of course, this doesn't represent my final research result. I'm working hard to completely eliminate the side effects."

After introducing to Obadiah, the balding man reassured him again.

"No, this place has been eyed already, we need to quickly move everything here to a safer place for research."

A solemn look flashed across Obadiah's eyes, then he slowly made a decision.

"Give me a sample of each of these serums first, I'll leave first, you guys tidy everything up quickly and get ready to move."

Then, Obadiah didn't hesitate to take out one sample of each serum from the safe, put them away, and got ready to leave.

"Yes sir, we'll tidy up everything now..."

"Who's there?"

Just as the balding man closed the safe, ready to tidy everything up and move, a silver-white web suddenly shot out from above and instantly stuck onto the safe.

"No!"

The next moment, amidst the balding man's unwilling roar, the safe was pulled flying out.

At the same time, everyone was shocked to discover that unknowingly, someone in a spider costume was crawling on their ceiling.

"Crap, it's that annoying Spider-Woman!"

At this moment, everyone reacted, and the security raised their guns without hesitation, pulling the trigger at the figure.

Ratatatata!

In an instant, the sound of gunshots erupted chaotically, countless researchers hugging their heads and hiding under tables.

Obadiah also hid under a table, coincidentally next to the balding man.

"Not good, the gunshots are lessening, that damned guy is hard to deal with."

After hiding for a while, Obadiah keenly noticed the gunshots becoming sparser.

And following a series of booms, accompanied by shrieks, even the last gunshot completely disappeared.

"Sorry about this."

Obadiah's eyes turned vicious. He slowly took out the green serum he had put away just now, and ruthlessly injected it into the balding man hiding with him.

"Mr. Stane, you..."

Amidst the incredulous gaze, the balding man's consciousness gradually faded away.

And in its place, was an extremely vicious beast!

...

(End of Chapter)

To be continued...

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

8