Awakening
213 13 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ace was flying through the skies. The fact that he could fly in his elemental state was something he recently figured out by accident.

"My fruit is handy as hell; there is no way Akainu's fruit is better. Ask Akainu to fly first then we will talk. All he can do is erupt a little."

"Hahahaha."

Ace laughed cheerfully. He had been a bit worried that his fruit wouldn't be as powerful as the magma fruit.

But after using his abilities and discovering his sheer potential, Ace had full confidence in his powers.

"Magma might have a higher temperature compared to my orange fire. But fire can get hotter, so much hotter."

"Magma has a limit; I can keep getting hotter without any such limits."

Ace flexed his muscles; they seemed full of hot compressed flames. 

"This reminds me of something Lola told me years ago."

"There exists a kind of flame within the sun called thermonuclear flames. I wonder if I can use that."

Ace muttered; he was imagining his full destructive potential. Yamamoto could do something similar in his world; nothing was stopping Ace from reaching such levels of power.

"And the island I am going to should be a big help in training my abilities."

Ace thought out loud before speeding up in anticipation; he couldn't wait to reach his destination.

*Whooosh*

But weridly, Ace was struggling quite a bit with that; his body was floating up and down in the sky, and sometimes he got dangerously close to the ocean too.

*Splash*

Ace snorted before he kicked the ocean and made a big splash. No, Ace wasn't playing around, despite what it looked like.

He was in fact, about to be thrown into the ocean with force. He had to kick the water to avoid drowning.

And the culprit who almost threw him into the ocean?

"Why is there a storm in the middle of nowhere?? What kind of weather does this world have?"

Ace scolded the intense winds. The weather in One Piece World was dumb; it randomly changed all the time.

Ace had a sudden encounter with such a storm; he didn't have a boat and was flying freely. The winds bothered him a lot more than they normally would.

"I am essentially hot air and plasma; winds mess with me too much. How am I supposed to keep flying under these conditions?"

Ace felt tired; he was thinking of a solution; he was alone with nobody around him. He had to save himself.

But after thinking for a minute straight, he found only one solution.

"I have to power through this. I am stronger than a storm; I got this."

Ace boosted his confidence, then started flying full force. He was trying to do just one thing right now: leave the area affected by the storm.

Druing this time, the winds were trying to knock him out all the time, but Ace powered through; his confidence from before did have some basis after all.

"Huff huff, I did it. I am finally out of that place. Look at those storm clouds; they are so dark."

Ace chuckled while he gazed at the horizon. He had left the area of the storm and was looking at the clouds, which were moving away from his direction. 

"Now then, where was I...?"

Ace sighed and looked around before his smile became a little forced. He was somewhere, but he wasn't sure where.

Ace pinched his eyebrows. The storm had thrown him off course; he didn't know where he was at the moment.

"I am so lost; it's a good thing I picked up a log pose from Kuro's ship. I would be in trouble without this."

Ace reached into his pocket and took out a log pose. When everyone was knocked out, he had ransacked Kuro's ship and found this thing.

"This log pose points directly to that island; I thought I might need it later."

Ace had picked up this log pose just in case. In fact, this log pose was the reason he remembered this island in the first place.

If he hadn't found this log pose before, he would be with Alvida, going towards Syrup Village right now.

"I wonder if the novels were true; this island behaved weirdly when Ace set foot there."

"If what I am thinking is correct, I might get a clue about Logia awakening soon."

Ace strapped the log pose to his hand and started flying again. This time, he kept a watch for sudden storm clouds.

But no more sudden storms came; Ace flew the entire day and night, and it was the next morning when he finally saw the island.

"I am here."

"Drum island, the island where it snows constantly without a break."

"The only time it has ever stopped snowing here was when Ace set foot on this island."

Ace muttered this information was from the original story. Ace found this piece of information suspicious.

"This is a big island with a permanent weather pattern, but all it needed was for the user of flame fruit to arrive, and it stopped snowing all over the island immediately."

"This is not normal; Ace's fire is not that hot, nor was he actively using his powers. This was all natural."

Ace looked at the island from the sky; the entire ground was filled with snow.

"This feels weird; it's almost like I am this island's natural enemy, and this island is running out of power."

"I have a theory about what's happening here, but there is only one way to find out for sure."

Ace took a deep breath and stopped flying; gravity pulled him towards the ground quickly and soon.

*Bang*

Ace hit the ground.

*Stillll*

Ace felt a subtle force clash against his power before the force was overpowered by his strength.

Pretty much immediately, what happened in the story happened again. The snow that fell for centuries stopped suddenly.

"I was right; this weather is not normal; it is artificial."

Ace took a deep breath and absorbed the environment around him.

"Yes, definitely. This island's weather has to be the result of an awakening. The awakening of the snow logia."

"This is why the whole place stopped when I, its enemy, the fire logia, arrived."

"This is a battle; I am fighting against an extremely old Logia user's last legacy. And I am winning."

Ace smirked, but there was one small problem. When the centuries-old weather pattern suddenly changed, it wasn't only Ace who noticed this.

"Sir Dalton, our people have reported that the snow first stopped in that area."

Soldiers of the drum kingdom had also felt the change and were coming to check on the source of this disturbance.

"Sir, someone is standing there. Hey you, this is an illegal area; you cannot be here."

The soldiers exclaimed and warned the surprised Ace. And Dalton, the commander of the royal palace himself, was coming towards Ace.

Ace hummed and looked at the man thoughtfully. He was remembering what he knew about this guy.

'That's Dalton, the user of the Bison Zoan. Zoans are known for their durability, strength, and healing factor.'

'I remember this guy took multiple arrows to his lung and kept fighting like nothing happened.'

Ace smirked, and a heat wave spread out of his body. This was something only Dalton felt due his zoan instincts.

The soldiers kept walking but Dalton paused; sweat was pouring out of his forehead, and his animal instincts were telling him there was a scary hunter in the area.

Ace was that hunter.

4