Prologue- The Mysterious Voice
1.1k 9 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
This is an updated version with no change to the story but grammatical errors have been fixed with an added survey at the end

-Life is like a humongous puzzle with the pieces scattered around and even when you find a new piece to connect to the puzzle the end result still stays unclear until just the very end.- By author

It all happened on a seemly ordinary Monday afternoon at the edge of summer as I was on my way home for school. I suddenly sensed a bizarre presence watching over me and just when I'd thought it disappeared, I felt a scorching heat coming from the sky. As I looked up about mumble about the annoyance called "Global Warming", instead of seeing the normal sky with a scorching hot sun, I instead looked up to see what I at first assumed to be the end of the world, at least for me.

As I ran for my life, huge meteors rained through the sky seemingly aiming towards the areas I was in. Suddenly I could hear a small voice that sounded like the type of thing you hear when you try to communicate with someone through a walkie talkie with bad connection.

Bzz..... Bzzzz.... "Hello can you here me?! If so that means the situation over there has drastically changed for the worse, and you are probably being targeted for elimination."

I, Xavier Kurogane, was so terrified at the sudden strange events that I strangely didn't even think to question the mysterious and suspicious voice that suddenly decided to inform me of my situation. 

"Hello?! Is someone there?! I'll forget about the questions of why I need to be eliminated and how this is happening for the moment, and instead ask what should I do to survive through this?!" I shouted while turning the next corner on the street to dodge an incoming meteor.

The voice then sputtered out an answer. "Bzz... Bzz..... Since my connection is weak and we don't have much time, I'll explain how you can survive this quickly. To escape this deadly situation you would need to leave this world completely, for if you do not eventually the assailant will give up on targeting you specifically and then decide to destroy the entire planet just to get to you. Then the-"

"What do you mean by, 'they would destroy the entire planet', are they insane?!" I screamed feeling extremely fearful at their might/power while also angry at their ruthlessness to take billions of lives just to get to one person.

"Bzz... Bzz.... That doesn't matter now!! Just listen to me, I left a portal to my world next to the nearest train station from your house. Once you reach it you will need to go through it and build up strength to prepare for the huge battle you will be inevitablely be involved with in the future. Also, to help you survive in a land unknown to you, I decided to unlock the hidden potential in your body. It should automatically grant you a skill, which should aid you in your journey for answers and strength. Here I'll do it now.

Suddenly a voice rang out in my head "Skill 'RPG God' aquired"

"Bzz... Bzz... Once you hear your new skill in your head, while running, jump through the portal and it should immediately transport you."

Hearing the voice quiet down I immediately started running towards where the voice said the portal would be while checking out my skill. It seemed to be a black screen that showed a menu which listed my status, a map showcasing the world around me, an inventory which had unlimited space, and a few locked items that seemed they would reveal themselves over time, whether through leveling up or other means.

RPG God Menu

Status

World Map

Unlimited Inventory

Locked

Locked

Locked

Seeing this, while feeling excited from my love for games, I momentarily slowed my running pace down as I decided to check out my status...

Status

Name: Xavier Kurogane

Sex: Male

Job: N/A

Race: Human

Age: 17

Level: 1

HP: 100

MP: 500

Strength: 10

Defense: 10

Vitality: 20

Dexterity: 10

Agility: 10

Intelligence/Magic:50

Luck:???

Active Skills: Hand to Hand Combat Lv. 1

Passive Skills: Appraisal Lv. Max, **** God's Divine Protection(Grants Godly Potential)*, Evolution 

Inherent Skills: RPG God

Magic: None

As I was checking out my status and becoming surprised from some of the unexpected things listed there, I didn't notice that, along with the gigantic meteors, small, quick laser-like beams had started pouring from the sky, and, just as I went through the portal, my entire body was struck by one and completely vaporized by it.

The moment was so instantaneous that I felt no pain, just a simple weightlessness as I somehow successfully still went through the portal. Then suddenly the voice appeared again, this time though in a distinctly clear and beautiful woman's voice.

"Oh no! It seems like your body was completely and utterly destroyed as you went through the portal, but that's alright! I thought this might happen, so I prepared a body for your use, just in case. When you wake up in your new world, you'll have to adapt to your new body, which actually should be better than your original. And don't worry about your skill, since skills are stored in the soul, not the body, all your stats should stay the same... No, actually, they might increase because of your new body... But there's no need to worry about that, as you'll see when you get there...'And if you wish to actually meet me in the flesh, then become strong enough in that world so that you can do just that. However even if you don't seek me out after you gain strength, our fates are tied, so we will eventually meet again. So for now, goodbye, my d**r.'"

As the voice faded out my head, although I couldn't hear the end very clearly I instinctively understood what she mean't and that this was the beginning of my journey.

 

Which type of heroine is the best choice as a first heroine?
  • Yandere Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Clingy Type Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Tsundere Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Little sister type Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Kuudere Votes: 18 23.1%
Total voters: 78
18