A Strange Normal Day
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Have you ever felt that something in the world was not right, and you may be questioning your very sanity that day? For me, that was today. I've been seeing things that should not have been there. I wonder if it is a delusion from lack of sleep or my mind going crazy. 

For example, this morning, while walking to school, I stopped by a new pastry shop I saw for the first day for a quick breakfast. The thing is that I was about to drop the bills in his hand to pay; they passed through him and hit the ground. I looked down and back up, only to blink in confusion and find that I was now in an empty lot. 

To top it off, after that bizarre turn of events, I started to see phantoms, ghosts, or wondering illusions walking around town like NPC characters in a video game. The worst of it was when they would walk through me when I was not paying attention.  

Do you think it is good for the heart when you see a hand reaching out of your chest and reaching for your face? Even if it is holding food, that is still a hard no for me. It was not the best morning experience right before attending class.  

The stuff on nightmares for me. My heart might as well beat out my chest and up my throat. I have a hard enough life with finishing the semester, planning for college, and dealing with friends and family drama. 

Sometimes, I think that Naomi, my cat, is the only solace I can have for comfort, and she will be getting an earful tonight while I stroke her soft fur. 

Classes were normal and slow. It made all the crazy things happening seem like the blurry smoke figures building an invisible something in the middle of the classroom to think otherwise. Talk about distracting; it's a good thing I wasn't called on that period.  

I was able to live through classes until noon. I had two periods free, so I headed home for a home-cooked meal and not that processed junk they served in the cafeteria. I need a nap, and that food for my sanity points to reset.  

It would be easier if this was all just a dream, but the migraine from the frustration is too painful otherwise.  

while I was fifty yards from my house, I saw something strange: the ghosts of smoke in the area gathered around one point and chased the leader. I braced myself for a wave of nausea soon to follow, but something different happened. 

The area in front of the leader started to wave and liquefy as if extreme heat was under it—the next moment, the leading figure vanished. The spectators stopped and started to look around before dispersing.  

The next thing I noticed was the sound of something tearing and a black spherical void opened in front of me for an instant, and the figure of a tattered and beaten young man fell from it. What weird creature could this thing have given birth to but some troubled goth kid trying to imitate a vampire?  

From his pale, pasty skin, his raggedy mattered black hair, the black nails, and ripped black clothes full of holes, the only things that differed from this look's norm were the golden shoes and his molten golden eyes that seemed to shine and glow. I would be surprised if fire erupted from them at any moment. 

The next thing I knew, I was performing a clique and asked, "Um, are you okay? Do you need help?" 

The goth kid backed away, reached into his pocket, and threw a pebble at me. It stung a little, being hit in the neck, but I shrugged it off. I thought he acted out of caution, and I was fine with that. 

"Rieroar adofsioif, dkasfo didsfn akdsfowe deof?" He said in some nonsense language. I could only feel that migraine getting stronger with each passing second. 

Seeing the confusion in each other's faces, we both got up, but he turned and ran away when I offered my hand. 

"Wait!" I yelled, but he picked up his pace, dove into a group of bushes, and disappeared into the shadows of trees. 

I thought about how it could be someone else's problem. I've had enough for one day.  

When I finally got home, I left my bag by the door, ready for when I returned. I slumped into the kitchen, prepared some eggs, rice, veggies, and chicken cuts, and sauteed them in a pan. I grabbed an apple and scooped some Jello into a cup.  

I wanted something simple that would not need any real thought into what was needed to be prepared for my meal. I wanted to sleep as soon as possible. I washed the dishes and lay in bed with an alarm set for 2 hours later.  

My last thoughts were of what Naomi could be doing right now. I pictured her sunbathing and falling asleep without a care in the world. 

1