Reality Rift
206 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 In a dark fissure within the fabric of reality, a flash of light erupted. In its brilliance, a body was being reconstructed—bones knit together, internal organs formed, muscles wove into place, veins pulsed anew, and finally, skin enveloped everything.

A young man opened his eyes. Julius, as he was named, surveyed his surroundings, trying to ascertain his location.

"What the hell is this?" he murmured to himself, his gaze darting around. As memories flooded back, hitting him like a wave, he remembered his last moments.

Julius, a man deeply rooted in science, began to formulate numerous theories. However, every hypothesis seemed more outlandish than the last, even by his standards.

He sighed, a realization dawning upon him. "So, I have passed away. I hope uncle isn't too distraught. Well, I hope he discovers what I've left for him. Perhaps, it will grant him a new purpose in life."

Julius scanned his environment, attempting to deduce his whereabouts, but to no avail. Yet, what he could discern was that he was enveloped in darkness. Mysterious lights flickered in and out of existence every nanosecond.

Curiosity piqued, he inched closer to one such light, holding his breath. What he saw left him astounded.

Within that speck of light, he beheld an entire universe. Struggling to rationalize what lay before his eyes, he found himself at a loss for words.

The only conclusion he could draw was that the theory of the multiverse was not just a theory after all—he was witnessing it firsthand.

Julius spent what felt like an eternity observing the lights, each revealing a different universe, each with its own laws of physics, its own galaxies, and potentially, its own forms of life. The enormity of this revelation was overwhelming. He was standing at the crossroads of countless realities, a spectator to the infinite.

As he delved deeper into his observations, Julius began to wonder about his own place in this grand scheme.

Was his presence here merely an accident, or did fate have a larger role for him to play? Could he, a mere human from Earth, have a purpose in this boundless multiverse?

His scientific mind buzzed with questions. How had he arrived here? Was there a way to navigate through these universes? And more importantly, could he find a way back home, or was he destined to roam this interstitial void forever?

The concept of the multiverse was not new to Julius. He had often entertained the idea in academic circles and theoretical discussions.

Yet, experiencing its reality was a far cry from theoretical musings. It was both exhilarating and terrifying.

As Julius cataloged everything he could see, he realized his memory was flawless, never failing him.

While examining the myriad universes, he encountered peculiar ones. Among them was a creature that appeared to be asleep, its dreams manifesting as an entire universe. 

The longer Julius observed the monster, the more terror he felt. Whispers filled the air, and his mind seemed to fray at the edges. To avoid succumbing to madness, he closed his eyes, hoping to preserve his life.

After what felt like a few minutes, he reopened his eyes, relieved to find the creature had vanished. "I'm certain that monster was from the Cthulhu Mythos, perhaps the blind god," he surmised.

Another light caught his attention. This universe was bizarre; everything was composed of blocks – stars, planets, galaxies, all cubic. 

"This could be Minecraft or something similar," Julius thought, sighing. "But I have no clue unless I venture inside, and I'm afraid I might die the moment I enter."

Then, another universe appeared, vast and intriguing, resembling a pirate ship. "I have no idea what this is about. Everything seems so strange," he sighed. "The infinite universe is peculiar. This could be the One-Piece world, or maybe not."

As time went on and Julius continued observing, he didn't notice that his body was aging in reverse. After a while, he saw a light, brighter than most, pop up behind him. 

Turning around to investigate, he saw a metallic-like crystal ball that seemed to be ringing. He didn't understand it but tried to get closer.

As he approached, he reached out his hand to grab it, feeling a pull towards the object. Once it was in his hand, he took a look at his hand and was sure it had been larger not too long ago. 

He realized he was aging backward and was certain he would cease to exist if this continued. He tried to find a way out of this predicament.

But before that, maybe this thing could help. He took a closer look at it and felt a connection, a link to his mind. It required blood. 

There was a needle on it, which he used. Once blood was on it, he knew what it was: a system that was dead.

{system Image}

Spoiler

     

[collapse]

"Sigh, I'm in that kind of cliché novel, like those fanfictions. I should have realized it once I saw those universes. But who cares, at least I survive." 

As soon as the information entered him, there was a flash of light, and the object disappeared.

"Stats," I said.

Name: Julius Owen

Race: -

Stats: De-aging 

Class: -

Abilities:

Force: 0% (can be used 4 times; after that, the user has to learn and achieve 100% to fully utilize the Force. Once it reaches 100%, the user will receive a Force seed in the brain, and after that, it will be up to the user to grow the seed on their own.)

Once he saw his stats, Julius looked at his body and was terrified because he appeared to be about one year old.

He tried to focus on the Force to pull himself towards a light that seemed closer. As he did this, he noticed his body becoming smaller and smaller, resembling a fetus of about three months old. 

As he pulled himself into that universe as if by sheer luck, he found himself in what could be described as warm water.

"Stats," he said in his mind.

Name: Julius?

Race: -

Stats: Womb-stillborn

Class: -

Abilities:

Force: 0% (can be used 3 times; after that, the user has to learn and achieve 100% to fully utilize the Force. Once it reaches 100%, the user will receive a Force seed in the brain, and after that, it will be up to the user to grow the seed on their own.)

 

If you find issues or errors let me know, so I can fix it.

 

9