Chapter 55: The Truth of the Secret Realm
233 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After defeating two archer hilichurls, the Anemo shaman's three wind tornadoes, previously unleashed, slowly swept over.

Bennett knelt down and jumped back to dodge them.

The two axe-wielding hilichurl, previously paralyzed by Fischl's lightning, were recovering. Unfortunately, the wind tornadoes didn't touch them.

Otherwise, the Electro element on their bodies dispersed by the Anemo element would have caused secondary Electro-charged damage, inflicted by their own teammates.

After unleashing her elemental burst, Fischl and Oz teleported to the back of the monsters and then stopped.

In front of her was the panicked Anemo Samachurl who had turned around. A victorious smile was drawn on Fischl's fair face, her ornate long bow-shaped like musical notes was pulled open.

Before the arrow was even shot, its arrowhead was already pressed against the Anemo Hilichurl's mask, with intense Electro element condensed on the tip.

"This is, the dream of the Evernight!"

Fischl's soft lips parted slightly, the taut bowstring slipped from her snow-white fingertips, then bloomed like flowers.

The Anemo Hilichurl Shaman flickered with Electro element as it fell back.

At this time, Night Raven Oz also spat the Electro Bullet out of his beak at the same time, shooting it at the another Hilichurl Shaman.

The Hydro Hilichurl Shaman was clearly more of a support role, with somewhat lacking offensive abilities. In desperation, it actually used its crude staff to hit Oz.

Easily dodged by Oz, the Hydro Hilichurl shaman was also very frail, actually losing control of the staff it was swinging, and tripping over onto the ground.

Just as it was about to get up, the Electro Bullets would not give it a chance.

The groups of small Electro balls struck its body, from tingling to numbness and then to loss of consciousness, it was hard to imagine what it had experienced.

Seeing its subordinates defeated so quickly, the Cryo Abyss Mage was a little anxious.

It spun in midair holding its staff, conjuring blades of ice that revolved around the Abyss Mage, then the range slowly expanded.

The Cryo Abyss Mage was trying to leave its enemies with nowhere to escape.

Naturally, Nolan and the others wouldn't just sit back and wait for their doom. Since the Abyss Mage was surrounded by revolving icy blades, it was very difficult to approach them.

Bennett at the front was also entangled with the Hilichurl Berserker and several Hilichurls with Wooden Club, unable to free himself.

Fortunately, Electro Element also had good shield-breaking effects against the cryo elemental shield.

Oz's continuous barrage of Electro bullets mostly got blocked by the Abyss Mage's Rimestorm Rite. Occasionally, a couple hit the ice elemental shield, but the shield's consumption was minimal.

On the other hand, Fischl's charged shots were consistently blocked by the Rimestorm Rite(icy blades).

At this rate, the revolving icy blades around the Abyss Mage would expand to a certain range in just a few seconds. Nolan and Fischl at both ends of the passage could retreat to dodge it.

But Bennett who was surrounded and beaten by the Hilichurls would inevitably be injured.

Nolan, who could not channel elemental energy under normal circumstances, would definitely have difficulty breaking the situation, fortunately, he still had enough Pyro-Imbued arrows, and it would not be difficult to hit the Abyssal Mage's shield with his superior archery skills.

Nolan aimed at the brief gap between the revolving icy blades, and the next moment the arrowhead infused with Pyro element struck the Abyss Mage's shield.

The sudden fusion reaction made the shield tremble, startling the Cryo Abyss Mage so much that the revolving icy blades all halted for a moment, before it continued dancing and casting again.

"Damn human, so lucky, but you won't have a chance again!"

As it spoke, the icy blades spun even faster.

It seemed Fischl had also succeeded in capturing the gap between the icy blades earlier, but still could not shoot her Electro-infused arrow into the Cryo Abyss Mage.

The main reason was that the speed of the arrows was limited. By the time they reached the gap, they were already blocked by the icy blades.

Now that the blades were spinning even faster, it was even harder to break through. Even Oz's continuous Electro elemental shots were completely blocked.

But the Abyss Mage doing this was not without cost, which was that the speed at which the icy blades expanded also slowed down.

"Get out of my way, all of you!"

After fighting with the Hilichurls for a long time, Bennett's elemental energy finally filled up. With one elemental burst, the Hilichurls were blasted back.

The "Fantastic Voyage" field appeared on the ground. Standing in it, Bennett immediately became much braver. Previously pressed down by a group of monsters, now he was pressing down on the group alone!

Fischl and Oz also did not waste effort on the Cryo Abyss Mage, directly joining Bennett's fight to deal with these Hilichurls first.

Nolan glanced at the battlefield where the situation had instantly reversed. Once again he nocked a Pyro-infused arrow on the bowstring.

The constantly spinning icy blades were indeed difficult to deal with, but they had little effect against Nolan's incredibly fast and silent shadowless archery skills.

Since earlier, Bennett and Fischl had already depleted the Cryo Abyss Mage's elemental shield quite a bit.

So when the second Pyro-infused arrow triggered a Fusion reaction, the icy shield on the Abyss Mage directly shattered.

It also fell from midair, shaking its head, stunned by the magical backlash.

The icy blades revolving around the Abyss Mage also dissipated into cryo element.

[Defeated A Powerful Enemy, Obtained 902 Adventure EXP]

Dazed, the Cryo Abyss Mage basically had no ability to resist anymore, smoothly obtaining the Adventure EXP.

At this time on Bennett and Fischl's battlefield, Electro and Pyro elements intertwined, the Hilichurl Berserkers were blasted back again and again, and the small Hilichurls had long been blown away to some corner.

Seeing there was still a chance to finish off the two Hilichurl Berserkers, Nolan also joined Bennett and the others, that was Adventure EXP that could not be wasted.

Joining the fight, volleys of armor-piercing arrows pierced the Hilichurl Beserkers' bodies, their movements grew slower and slower, their arms could no longer lift up the axes.

Finally, after stumbling for a while, they collapsed.

[Defeated A Powerful Enemy, Obtained 485 Adventure EXP]

[Defeated A Powerful Enemy, Obtained 462 Adventure EXP]

"Phew, what an intense battle!" Bennett wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, swinging the dark sword once, it dissipated into particles of light and was withdrawn back into the Vision.

"Well done, warriors!. I've witnessed your bravery; worthy of praise from this princess!"

Fischl pressed both hands, clad in thin black silk gloves, at her waist, tilting her fair chin slightly to reveal a haughty smile.

"Everyone worked hard." Once confirming there were no monsters left standing, Oz spoke as such.

"So next, let's interrogate this guy!"

Nolan felt a bit weary in the brain. He rubbed his head and shifted his gaze to the still-dizzy Cryo Abyss Mage.

Keeping it alive was something everyone had agreed on initially, after all they still needed to find out the truth from the Abyss Mage about why they lured people into this secret realm.

When the Cryo Abyss Mage woke up and found three despicable humans standing with their arms crossed around it, it clenched its fist...then shamefully cowered.

"Haha...strong human warriors, what can I do for you?"

The Cryo Abyss Mage forced out a dry, hoarse laugh with its synthesized, monstrous voice.

Although loyal to the Abyss, as a member of the intelligent races, pursuing benefits and avoiding harm was also its instinct. Seeing these humans clearly still needed it, for now, a temporary compromise was the only resort.

(End of Chapter)

❇❇❇

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

❇❇❇

12