Chapter 58: The Blocked Path
223 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nolan's idea was approved, and they decided to boldly provoke the formidable Geo Hilichurl Chieftain.

The group continued forward. Based on Oz's scouting, it would take another five minutes or so before reaching where the Lawachurl guarded the third layer entrance.

The torch sconces on the walls dispelled the darkness nearby with their glow.

Before long, this temporary adventure team stopped advancing. They could already see in the distance about 150 meters away, the fierce monster sitting on the ground.

With a mountain-like robust body, it far surpassed the Mitachurl mobs in ferocity.

"Let's stop here; going further might be dangerous," Night Raven Oz turned his head and said to everyone.

Approximately 150 meters away from the fierce monster, this distance allowed for a reaction time for everyone to escape in case of unexpected situations.

After all, the Geo Hilichurl Chieftain wasn't a bulky creature; its body was well-muscled, and running resembled a runaway carriage loaded with goods but out of control.

Its violent and ferocious appearance was akin to a demon god in the mortal world.

"Humph, let this judging princess bring you punishment!"

Fischl lightly covered her left eye, a smile forming on her fair face as a bow, resembling a musical note, appeared in her hand.

The five-star bow, combined with Fischl's decent archery skills, should accurately hit the Lawachurl from a distance.

Nolan also prepared his adventurer's hunting bow.

Since the target was far away, they did not rely on the arrows' own force to injure the Chieftain, but the elemental powers and reactions between them.

With her left hand gripping the longbow and the right hand placing the arrow on the taut bowstring, Fischl effortlessly drew back.

Her elbow pointed up, raised to shoulder level as she pulled. Her line of sight went along her arm, taking in the soft snowy sight under her armpit.

Concentrated Electro element began accumulating on Fischl's arrowhead, giving off dazzling ivory and azure radiance.

Nolan also took out a Fire-Imbued Arrow, but without air resistance friction, it was dull and dark.

The two arrows shot out one after another.

The Electro arrow fell on the Lawachurl's head like an azure meteor.

Considering his own arrows were faster, Nolan waited until after Fischl's hit before firing his imbued arrow.

The lightning meteor struck the dazed Chieftain. The next moment, the fiery arrow followed closely.

An overload reaction erupted, causing the Lawachurl's upper body to lift slightly. Then it instantly woke up, just in time to see two spent arrows drop from its head.

Despite the Geo armor, it still felt slight burns and numbness.

Although not very intelligent, even a beast like a bull knew it was being attacked by annoying insects, let alone the primitive civilization of the Hillchurl.

As the ruler among Hillchurls, no one had dared to provoke it before!

The Lawachurl suddenly stood up, roared, and on its massive body, the rock-like armor emitted a dense glow of Geo elements!

With an angry gaze, it noticed a few insects running fast in the distance.

The Lawachurl crouched slightly, its heavily muscled black calves suddenly swelling. With blood vessels apparent, it leaped, smashing down more than ten meters away, shattering the brick ground beneath its feet.

Leveraging the cracked, spiderweb-like hollows on the ground, the air friction over its body, it charged like an enraged bull at the audacious bugs!

"F**k!"

At this moment, Nolan and the others wished they had two more legs; it was just not enough!

Originally, they thought that even if the attacks didn't do much damage to Lawachurl, it should at least be stunned for a while. However, they hadn't expected it to merely shake its head.

Then unexpectedly, this guy actually held a grudge and rushed right at them.

"Such might, could it be the Demon God instead?!"

Fischl's hands constantly waved beside the black silk sleeves as she glanced back. The Lawachurl is already closed to within 100 meters.

"It's too frightening!" Bennett sprinted with eyes closed.

This Lawachurl was shockingly strong. Converted to level, it was at least 50.

No wonder the Abyss Herald stationed it here to guard.

Listening to Fischl's short boots continuously tapping the ground beside him, Nolan brushed aside the black skirt that had been blown over his face by the airflow during the run.

Then he spoke:

"Calm down; it may not chase us too far. After all, it still has the task of guarding the entrance to the third layer!"

His relatively good physique allowed him to speak while running without being out of breath.

Actually, he could run even faster, but that would leave his two companions behind, which seemed too selfish and inconsiderate.

Moreover, with Bennett's unlucky constitution, the probability of them being caught up by the Hilichurl Chieftain, was quite high.

That would be too dangerous!

Watching the approaching Lawachurl, Nolan had little time to think.

Through the battles he experienced before, although he didn't defeat all the monsters, the gains in Adventure EXP were quite substantial.

Adventure EXP: 5573

Looking at the total over 5000 Adventure EXP on the panel, he pondered briefly then allocated it all into his character level.

Adventure EXP -5573

Instantly, countless warm currents appeared within, comprehensively nurturing and evolving his body.

There was no significant change in appearance; Leveling up was elevating the level of life, evolving the race. The power obtained in this way was relatively subtle.

Name: Nolan Walker

Level: Lv.14 (973/1400)

Race: Human

Title: None

Innate Talent: Entangling Affection

Skills: Hunter's Archery Lv.10 (Silent Shadow), Favonius Archery - Fundamentals Lv.2 (0/200), Martial Arts Lv.2 (0/200), Favonius Swordsmanship - Fundamentals Lv.1 (1/100), Favonius Swordsmanship - Noble(Royal) Lv.1 (2/100), Stealth Assassination Lv.4 (0/400)

Specialties: [Descender], [Maiden Savior]

Adventure EXP: 0

Glancing at the character panel that rose four levels in one go, this was Nolan's first time leaving the Adventure EXP column at zero.

Before, he would leave a little, not necessarily as a reserve, but it looked more comfortable.

Still, less than half of the EXP were needed for level fifteen; not bad.

The process of leveling up was a momentary thing, and they weren't caught up by Lawachurl because of it.

"Attendant, didn't you say it had to guard the entrance? Why is it still chasing us?"

Fischl looked at the approaching monster, sweat dripping from her fair cheeks, her gaze showing some nervousness.

"Miss, allow me to block for everyone!" Oz flew on the side, looking much more relaxed.

"Phew..." Nolan took a deep breath then exhaled and said, "Don't worry, leave it to me."

Nolan slowed half a step, then swapped positions with Fischl, coming between them. He continued saying:

"Next, I'll take you two and run!"

First, he got close to Fischl, reaching his right arm around her back and hugging her soft waist below the skirted dress, lifting her slightly off the ground.

"Eh?!"

Fischl suddenly faced forward, her field of vision inverted, the ground continuously receding, making her feel dizzy.

Nolan used the same method to bring Bennett, who couldn't speak, to his left side.

Bearing two people's weight alone, he sprinted even faster.

Even the flying Oz was left behind instantly. He had to flap his wings rapidly to catch up.

T/N: Run, Barry, Run!!

(End of Chapter)

❇❇❇

Support me on Patreon - Advanced Chapters There!

patreon.com/RedX43

❇❇❇

14