Chapter 64: Choice
210 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was late at night, the moon was hidden and the stars were dim.

Nolan pushed open the iron gate of the small courtyard and stepped into the deserted yard.

He boiled some hot water with firewood, washed away the fatigue after the adventure, and returned to the room to sit on the bed padded with a layer of quilts. Then he took out the five Primogems.

[Discover A Large Amount of Adventure EXP, Would You Like To Absorb?]

Nolan lay down, the back of his head sinking into the soft quilts in an instant.

He raised his hand, looking at the Primogems that he couldn't grasp in one palm, and thus fell on his chest, silently outlined a faint smile on his face.

These were his greatest gains of the day.

Absorb.

As he made his choice, the elemental stones disappeared from his hand one by one. A prompt popped up on the panel:

[Illuminated By The Light Of Dreams And Hopes, Obtained 3000*5 Adventure EXP.]

Adventure EXP: 15121

More than Fifteen thousand Adventure EXP!

Nolan had never been so rich before! As for how to use them, there was no doubt that he would directly increase his level to twenty first.

As his body became stronger, even throwing stones would become irresistible.

[Adventure EXP -8927]

[Lv.14 (973/1400)]

[Lv.20 (0/2000)]

An extremely massive stream of heat flowed into his body, fundamentally nourishing and enhancing every cell of Nolan's, and they welcomed their rebirth every moment.

Leveling up was instantaneous, but the aftertaste left him needing a few seconds to calm down slightly.

He looked again at the new prompt brushed out on the character panel:

[Your Level Has Been Raised To Lv.20, Your Evolution Has Reached A New Stage, And You Can Obtain A "Racial Specialty", Please Choose!]

Level twenty!

According to Nolan's understanding of the character panel, it was actually the same as using Character EXP Materials like Wanderer's Advice or Hero's Wit in the game to raise a character to level twenty to the first breakthrough point.

Only he just didn't need to collect any materials for the breakthrough; when it came, it came, very convenient.

In this real Teyvat, the growth systems of various creatures were actually no different from the original work.

Through training, adventuring, absorbing certain energies, and other means, people could obtain strength improvements.

When growth reached a certain level, they would encounter a limit, which was the "Ascend" in the game.

At this time, materials that resonated with oneself and contained abundant elemental energy needed to be collected and absorbed, in order to Ascend one's own body.

For example, as the holder of the Pyro Vision, Bennett needed pyro-related materials to break through his own limits and continue to grow.

Absorbing elemental materials used for breaking through was very dangerous for ordinary people without a Vision, and they might die from elemental erosion before successfully breaking through their limit.

This was also the reason why Vision holders were called "Allogenes". They could break through one limit after another until they rivaled the gods.

Although this process was not simple either, and there were very few who could truly ascend to godhood.

The so-called limit was just something yet to be discovered, like the methods that Vision holders could use to break through one limit after another.

This was not a restriction or blockade imposed by the world's rules on ordinary beings; rather, individual races themselves had physiological limits that, after reaching a certain point, no amount of training would be effective.

Therefore, higher-level elemental energy nourishment was needed to strengthen oneself in order to continue growing.

But there were always exceptions to everything.

Some people could slay monsters twice as strong as themselves relying solely on peerless martial arts. Others could learn fairy magic, talismans, spells, secrets and other extraordinary powers to bypass racial limits and continue growing.

This way of growing was undoubtedly much more difficult and rare compared to Vision holders.

Nolan's advantage was that he only needed Adventure EXP. He didn't need to consider the problem of how to break through at all, which greatly shortened the time for him to grow stronger.

He looked at the three racial specialties floating in front of him and carefully considered which one to choose:

[All Resistance: The Strong Body Has Greater Resistance To All Kinds Of Damage Including Physical And Elemental.]

[Abundant Life: Slight Increase In Self-Healing Speed, Slight Increase In Stamina And Spirit Recovery Speed, And Adds Extra Lifespan.]

[Infinite Strength: Your Physical Strength Far Surpasses Your Peers.]

Racial specialties are different from character specialties; they generally provide additional bonuses related to one's own body.

Ah~ Why can't I have them all? Having to choose one and give up the other two, it really hurts!

Nolan gazed at the three racial specialties with great enthusiasm.

Choosing "All Resistance" would make his body stand out and seem more comprehensive in terms of defense.

But the bonus was probably not much, because the three racial specialties offered equal value, just improving in different areas..

Compared to "Abundant Life" or "Infinite Strength", it seemed so comprehensive, yet under the balance, the improvement would inevitably not be very high.

If there was some accident, he would still get hurt the same.

If he chose "Infinite Strength," the degree of improvement in strength should be good, after all, its description was so simple and straightforward.

Unfortunately, its functionality was too singular, and Nolan's strength was already sufficient; he didn't need it to further enhance at the moment.

So in the end, Nolan chose "Abundant Life." Unlike "All Resistance," it didn't need to face an attack to show its effect.

The improved recovery speeds could demonstrate its usefulness at all times, plus there was an extra lifespan bonus.

Overall, Nolan was more inclined to choose it.

The moment "Abundant Life" was selected, Nolan felt his body seemed to be filled with inexhaustible energy, and his spirit was the same, becoming less prone to fatigue.

Even when tired, he could recover quickly.

As for the improved self-healing, he didn't know the specific effects yet. It would be best to never find out, since he didn't want to get injured.

Nolan happily lay on the bed and turned over, looking at the remaining more than six thousand Adventure EXP; he could still raise his level by about two more, umm, better leave it for the skills.

Whether it was level or skill improvement, both could strengthen his abilities, so skills couldn't be neglected either.

And he had always been curious about what kind of effect the fusion of two max-level skills of the same type would have.

Huh, Nolan let out a breath without hesitation.

[ Adventure EXP -4400 ]

In an instant, "Favonius Archery - Fundamental", went from Lv.2 (0/200) to Lv.10 (Advanced Stability/Fusible).

Any skill reaching max level wouldn't be weak; the extraordinary feature of "Favonius Archery - Fundamentals" at max level was to give arrows extremely high stability.

It suited the meaning of "Fundamental" archery very much.

Its effect was to make the fired arrows less susceptible to environmental interference, able to remain as steady as a rock even in fierce winds.

Overall it was pretty good.

Nolan continued tapping Fuse, and the character panel popped up the two skills that could be fused.

They were:

"Favonius Archery - Fundamentals Lv.10 (Advanced Stability/Fusible)" and "Hunter's Archery Lv.10 (Silent Shadow/Fusible)."

After selecting confirm, Nolan watched as they distorted and intertwined, merging together. Finally, new words emerged:

"Favonius Hunter's Archery Lv.10 (Advanced Stability, Silent Shadow/Fusible)"

[A/N: The description of the original Genshin Impact upgrade system in the first part of this chapter should be as faithful as possible to the original work. Everyone can discuss more in the comments. If there are very good suggestions.] (Just put here this comment in respect of Author-sama!)

(End of Chapter)

8