Author’s Notes
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Regarding the fic: The reader/MC name here will be named as "Eve Cromwell." Feel free to use interactiveficts add-on to change the name as you wish (like scarababy or babygirl whatever you want HAHA)

  1. This is plot-driven fan fiction, which means I’ll be doing my best to give justice to the entire plot. There may be romance here, but the focus will be the plot following the original story written by Isayama-sensei. As a fanfiction, Isayama Hajime owns all the original characters from Attack on Titan except the OCs written here. The OCs (including you, the reader), will be necessary to show the world of Attack on Titan from "your" perspective this time, instead of from Eren Yeager's perspective. So, I'll be taking my time building up the OCs developments as groundwork although I'll still rush it a bit because we reading this fic for the relationships and alternative ending.
  2. Attack on Titan’s timeline setting ranges between 1893 and 1942. This means, that for things that are not mentioned explicitly in the series (anime and manga), spinoffs, and the AOT2 game will be based on this timeline progression with consideration for the lore and story.
  3. This is a fanfiction of Attack on Titan that follows the canon storyline and major events with very slight divergence in relation to the actions our isekai'd MC makes.
  4. The fanfiction storyline begins in the year 839.
  5. May contain spoilers!
  6. Levi is also an MC in this fic, feel free to leave comments on how I should better my characterization of him. I'll appreciate it.
  7. The first few chapters will be all about our reader/MC, Eve, and her journey to adjust to this new world she's in, navigating her way to identify and achieve her own personal goal. There won't be any Levi or any original cast from the AoT for a while, but this is because I don't want to rush into anything and instead chose the hard way of building up everything about our MC, Eve.
  8. Even though Levi and Reader will be the MCs of the fic, our favorite trio Mikasa, Eren, Armin, and the rest of the important cast from the 104th South Division of Cadet/Training Corps will make significant appearances as well.
  9. Also, I'll be referring to Hange Zoe with she/they pronouns this is referenced from her profile in the AOT2 game. The game referred to her as a "she" and I see her as a she as well [the elder sister I never had :(. Though that doesn't mean I hate or discriminate in genders, don't worry!

There'll be a number of seemingly contemporary advancements in technology mentioned in this fic, as sourced by the canon information shown in OVAs, wiki, and from the AoT2 game;

  1. Pomade (if there is pomade, then they definitely have shampoo or soap at the very least.), small detailed ornaments like the regiment medal and perfected replica blades, etc. Which indicates their advancement in the level of craftsmanship.
  2. They have showers familiar to us, so it is safe to assume that they had plumbing and necessary engine to propel the water to higher floors (the oldest being the steam engine or internal combustion engine, but since they have yet to see vehicles and uses horses, they do use some form of technology that is a bit advanced than what they seem to have at first glance but not advanced enough to apply it on a vehicle), they probably use a similar engine to propel the ships used to travel through the walls.
  3. They have the ODM gear, seeing that they use some form of gas for its function, they must've used a form of fuel and engine to convert it into gas and the necessary energy to facilitate such constant operation.. Meaning the Paradis people have reached a certain extent of industrialization. but this level of industrialization doesn't seem to extend through all three walls and is only prevalent in Wall Sina which is evidently seen in the inhabitants of Wall Maria.
  4. Prior to the Fall of Wall Maria, Levi was thought to be from the Cadet Corps by Hange in an OVA this only implies that the Cadet Corps existed for a long time even before Levi came to join. Also in the same OVA some squad leaders of the Survey Corps were arguing that they took years to "earn" their wings. Which means that they went through training first for years before being officially enlisted in a regiment. (Not a technological advancement but it wasn't exactly mentioned in the timeline when was the Training Corps founded).
  5. Illegal drugs have been circulating throughout, the walls of Sina and a girl that has a chemistry degree. This means that they have a certain level of scientific education and a proper system for it.
  6. They have bottled drinks (may not be carbonated) but it's designed similarly to the old soda bottles with tin, caps. Meaning they have reached a certain level of scientific knowledge to make and apply preservatives and a level of craftsmanship to create a glass bottle like that.
  7. As they have a certain level of chemistry knowledge and are even able to produce illegal drugs, we can safely assume that they also have a certain level of medicine. They also use familiar words such as hospitals like we do. For specific parts of this fic, I shall reference the 18th century level of medicine as according to the wiki the timeline of the anime, their military clothing, and the years when the Age of Industrialization (real world) began.

Any additional information regarding the technological and scientific development of the AoT Paradis Island is welcome :). Also, the cover photo is temporary I edited the cover with the song, “My Little Dark Age” in mind. This is also my very first, fanfiction! Please have mercy on me :3 Constructive criticism is welcome though, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to better my writing.

Credits for the Fanfic cover photo: V (Vilimir) Petkov ! Your art is amazing! If you want me to take the cover down, feel free to notify me through this platform’s account!

Announcement

Hi! I'm here to inform you that I've recently added this fanfic to this platform. This fic is also available on AO3 among other platforms. My social primarily includes Tumblr. This is where I'll be posting cut-out parts of the stories that may not be safe or triggering for everyone. Minors do not interact!

1