Chapter 30: Father and Son
48 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30: Father and Son

[Moonlight Nation]

This was the name given to the beautiful neighborhood in which Lucas lived. It was a luxurious area where every building was constructed using different kinds of Moonlight Jades.

Mostly nobles resided here, creating an atmosphere that almost felt suffocating in its fanciness.

Lucas's home was situated in this exclusive neighborhood. After leaving the station, he walked straight to his residence. This time, he chose not to use any transportation, as he was certain his digital wallet would curse him if he did so. Consequently, it took him a full ten minutes to reach his destination.

[Moonlight Nation]

Two guards in front of the gate blocked his path. Their bodies were solid, each one a peak stage Tier 1 chain Breaker.

Of course, these guards weren't the only means of protection. If all hell broke loose someday, they'd serve as cannon fodder. Until then, they could enjoy their current treatment.

"ID," one of the guards said with an apathetic face, pretending not to recognize Lucas. The man's countenance couldn't hide his amusement.

Seeing the pathetic act put on by the guards, Lucas inwardly sighed. 'Don't pretend like you bunch of dickheads don't know me.'

"You seem to have issues with almost everyone, don't you?" Simo remarked, his eyes fixed on the guards.

Lucas quickly handed his identity proof to the guards. One of them grabbed it and inspected it closely.

"The picture and your face don't match."

"So you truly are blind, eh? Maybe that's why you accidentally inserted your dick into another woman," Lucas said mockingly, catching even Simo off guard.

"What did you say?"

The guard was immediately angered, but the other guard stopped him, aware of his limits as a mere guard. Grudgingly, he handed Lucas back his identification and opened the gate slowly.

Five minutes. It took five minutes before the gate was open. Lucas was more than sure even a snail could do it faster than these guards.

Ignoring the smug look on their faces, Lucas walked right past. 'Sigh, they think they actually did something? Laughable.'

The cars and vehicles in this neighborhood were some of the fanciest in the entire dome, screaming luxury with their presence.

"You couldn't have come up with a better excuse than saying I tripped and entered her?" After Lucas disappeared from their sight, the guard nagged the other one who was slightly embarrassed.

"Sigh, I think that I might lose my last two brain cells if I continue discussing this topic. I was drunk that time."

...

As Lucas continued walking, he felt the suffocating sensation of 'fanciness.'

'I swear that some of the weirdest people live in this area,' Lucas humorously commented as he looked around.

This caught Simo's attention. "If my unique pupil says that there's something weird, then it must be something interesting to look for."

"Be more elegant."

'Ah, shit, here we go again.' Lucas looked straight into Simo's eyes, a smirk on his face.

"Johna, act more elegant!"

"Elegant, this car is so elegant!"

"OMG, I feel the elegant energy just coming inside me!"

"Laugh elegantly! It makes your body healthier."

"Walk elegantly! A study shows that elegant energy actually increases a person's lifespan."

Today was an eye-opener for Simo. He thought Lucas was very weird, but he was nothing compared to the people in Lucas's neighborhood.

Elegant! Elegant! Elegant! Elegant!

Elegant! Elegant! Elegant!

These words continuously rang in the air. Simo felt like he had entered a large-scale mental asylum.

'Just wait until you see the Cult of Elegance.'

"What?" Simo blinked his eyes twice. Cult of Elegance? What in the actual f*ck was that?

What was depravity? This was depravity!

As Lucas continued walking, a few people noticed him but ignored him. Some didn't even put in the effort of hiding their disgust as they watched Lucas walk in their fancy neighborhood.

A fallen noble. This was a disgrace to the noble community.

"In total, how many nobles live here?" Suddenly, Simo asked, out of the blue.

'Around 2,000.'

"Those many?"

'Yes, it might sound exaggerated, but that is the approximate number of noble families living within this Dome. That's because almost every noble wants to live within this city. Other Domes have around 20 - 80 nobles present within them.'

"I see, that's the case..." For some reason, Simo would feel extremely weird whenever he heard the word noble.

'Even the sanctuaries had elections...'

He came from an era that supported democracy and equality. It felt weird that there was a ruling party called the king and his supporter nobles. But Simo also understood the reason for doing this.

...They want to make it clear that there will be no more equality; people with powers will rule, and they won't care if any normal person dies. There was power in unity, but uniting the people with more strength, bringing them together by giving them so-called 'Noble Titles,' is definitely a much better option.

'Alister Charles, eh?' And with all this, not even hiding their deeds, they managed to preach to every human out there that this was the Golden Age, the Golden Era.

To put it bluntly, this was brainwashing at its peak.

'Any child or person born within the boundary of these Domes, no cages, is a victim. Even my dear pupil is a victim.' Simo's eyes turned frosty. He looked at Lucas, who was on another narcissist fit.

'Thankfully, he isn't beyond saving.'

"Look, it's that disgusting Fallen one again!"

"He should just die at this point." Ignoring all the background murmurings, he continued walking.

Lucas took a few more turns, and after another ten minutes of walking, he reached a particular house. He then turned and looked at his Master, with a wide and excited smile on his face; he slightly spread his arms.

"Master, I welcome you with wide arms." He then fell to the ground on his knees and gave a respectful bow, not waking up from this state.

Kunnioittava kumarrus or tervetuliaisnyökkäys. This was the most respectful bow that a student could give while welcoming his teacher. This bow was also a symbolism of acceptance but mainly revolved around warm welcoming.

This bow meant that the student was welcoming his teacher. He was ready to give his teacher a place within his home and life for his legacy, life to make this figure more popular.

And at the end, such a bow was also given to a father figure or a mother figure.

Right now, only a kid from the other house saw Lucas in this position.

"It appears like Brother Lucas has finally gone insane. Hehe~ It'll be even more fun to bully him." He was about to walk towards Lucas, but then a voice immediately called out for him.

"Coming, Mom! Hmp, Brother Lucas. Mom saved you this time." Lucas would've quite literally hurt this kid if somehow he managed to interrupt this moment.

Minutes passed by as Lucas remained in the same position. Finally, he felt a pat on his head. A pat!

...Master can touch me?!

"Son, stand up." The touch was somewhat chilly but brought strange warmth. When he looked in Simo's eyes, he saw a strange warmth within his eyes. His eyes reflected approval. His Kunnioittava kumarrus was approved!

He then felt a hug, a fatherly hug. This was an illusory feeling; he knew this was illusory, as Simo was akin to a spirit that couldn't touch anything.

But... He still felt happiness erupt within his heart. His heart beat sped up, as his eyes blurred slightly.

A smile slowly formed on his face...

5