Chapter 36: Bullets
29 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 36: Bullets

Jason remembered those days when he would stay awake the whole night, drinking cups of coffee. It was an effort, an act of effort by Jason to stay awake.

It was like a nightmare, but Jason knew if he fell asleep, then he'd see what a real nightmare looked like. The reports of Paladin Grey, the previous wielder of the nightmare lantern, had planted a seed of worry within Jason's heart, especially after his gruesome death.

“Mr. Jason, this lantern is quite interesting. Though a bit dirty, I can surely clean it.”

‘You can clean what?!’ Jason’s eyes widened to some extent.

Was the weapon store owner mocking the lantern by calling it dirty? More specifically, was he referring to the entity that resided within it? And clean it? Is destroying that entity as easy as cleaning a speck of dust?

Beads of sweat appeared on Jason’s face as he couldn’t even imagine how unfathomable this weapon store owner was.

“Well anyways…” Allen said in a carefree manner and continued, “Do you have any plans of buying something today? Or was the purpose of the visit to only give me this gift?”

“Of course not, Of course not,” Jason felt weird as he talked to the weapon store owner.

A divine being that could instantaneously defeat such a strong entity without even batting an eye was talking to him ‘warmly.’ What was his purpose? Why was he giving such strong weapons rather freely by using the pretext of lending?

That measly weak artifact for the revolver? Jason clearly knew that this owner had other intentions.

Free things? There was nothing free in this world. Rather, free things are what that cost the most!

“Well, the bullets you gave me are already finished,” though it didn’t feel right to take these good weapons, and the owner might have hidden intentions, Jason felt that it was right to go with the flow.

Already knowing that deep plottings had engulfed him the moment he accepted the revolver, his askings could be well within the owner’s calculations.

“Bullets, eh?” Allen asked with a smile. ”Well, since you have given me a gift, it is only right for me to return the favor.”

“No no, there’s-" Before Jason could finish his words, Allen had already placed a metal case that was almost twice the size of his palm on the table.

Silver strips were present on the edges of the black box, giving it a lustrous look. Jason hesitantly placed his palms on the metal case and with a swift movement of his finger, flipped open the case.

Right after, he almost went blind as the bright multicolored lights penetrated the air above, reflecting right in front. Recovering within a second, Jason channeled mana to his eyes and adjusted his vision, now finally looking at the contents: Six Bullets.

There were six bullets engulfed in different glows, placed orderly. Three in the lower half and three in the upper.

They indeed had a fierce glow, with the lower half having red, blue, and green glow while the upper adorned with golden, white, and violet-black.

On top of that, each one of them had a distinct aura. But the one that caught his attention first was the violet-black bullet which gave off an ominous aura akin to a demon roaring from hell.

The golden bullet seemingly belonging to a Justicar portrayed a balance, as if upholding law and justice.

The red bullet emitted an extreme amount of blood lust and killing intent. It looked like a hungry predator looking for its prey.

The green bullet was somewhat opposite to the previous ones. Not too overwhelming, it provided a calming effect.

The blue bullet gave off a chilling aura, as if touching it could instantly freeze him. As he looked at it, it felt as if he was trapped in an ice cage.

And finally, the white bullet was the most mysterious out of all. It gave a dim glow with the least effective aura, as if it was non-existent. It looked rather ordinary.

As the casing had come in contact with Jason, strangely, information seemed to seep into his mind.

The Violet-Black bullet: Abyss

The Golden Bullet: Devil’s Judgement, a Facade

The Red bullet: Vampire

The Green bullet: Dr. Bullet

The Blue Bullet: The Last Bullet

The White Bullet: Mystery Bullet

The names of the bullets, their abilities were now in Jason’s mind, just knowing which, he had chills. The temptation was great.

Closing the metal case, he looked at Allen before saying, “Sir, are you sure about giving this to me?”

Meanwhile, in the background, the system was laughing his ass out.

“Oh my god, he received this handsome reward because he watched a 30-second condom ad… Wake up man wake up!” the system said humorously as he tried to pat Jason’s shoulders, but his muscular arms passed right through him.

Allen gave a passing glance to the system before directing his gazes at Jason, “Haha, surely, I can do this much for a friend, can’t I?”

‘Friend…? Friend?! FRIEND!?’ Jason’s heart almost burst open as he heard this.

A figure like Allen was calling him a friend when in reality, he could be killed by Allen’s single fart!

“T-thank you… but may I-”

“Surely, I must have kept you busy for long. You must have your adventures for the day. I won’t stop you from resuming them, haha.”

‘Deo must be in deep shit by now. I need to hurry to him.’ Jason thought as he bowed and left his seat, hurrying towards the exit.

Allen commanded the door to be opened right after which Jason exited, soon after which Allen closed the door.

His carefree expression crumbled instantaneously as he gave a deep sigh.

“Phew, that was close. Pretending in front of a real big shot like him was quite hard.”

The system couldn’t help but laugh out loud and then said in a funny manner, “Surely surely, costing thirty seconds of your life to give a gift… I must say, your laziness knows no bound.”

“…”

4