Chapter 38: Death Cromwell [2]
22 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 38: Death Cromwell [2]

"Yawn," Allen stretched his limbs as he walked out of the fridge.

It was another stressful day. Allen said as he massaged his head and then closed the door of the refrigerator to get some warmth.

'Only if I could sleep in the frozen world... this damn system and its restrictions.'

[Is the host cursing me?]

"Yes, bitch, I'm doing so. You've got any problem?"

[This system is a respectable system and will not tolerate any-]

"Go on and kill me," Allen said straightforwardly, somewhat annoyed as he changed into nightdress and went towards his bedroom.

This was when he noticed the lantern.

"So, this lantern can improve the sleep quality?"

[Yes.]

"No other effects?"

[Well, this lantern is a bit mysterious. It's hard for me to process all of its abilities.]

For some strange reason, this system considered the lantern as the weapon and was ready to showcase its abilities, but it refrained from disclosing too much by mentioning that it was mysterious.

"Mysterious, eh? Again with your excuses. I know you are so useless that you can't process all the abilities."

[Host is crossing the line! This system is a-]

"Just fuck off already, you are getting too annoying," Allen said as he grabbed the lantern and walked into his bedroom.

Spotting the table beside the bed, he grabbed the flask filled with blue liquid, opened its cork, and filled the lantern. This was the special oil provided by the system.

Allen was sure that the system added the word "special" just to rip him off of money.

He then turned the knob on as a result of which blue flames erupted within the lantern.

"Now it suits the atmosphere," Allen said with a bright smile.

These blue flames looked much better and calming, unlike the previous green hideous flames.

Placing the lantern on the table with a satisfying grin, Allen fell on his bed. He sunk into the soft mattress.

"Today was really a stressful day. Let's hope that this lantern works," Allen closed his eyes, and darkness took over. Following this, he felt a veil of illusory mist engulfing him radiated by the lantern.

"Sweet dreams," these were the words Allen said to himself in a muffled voice before he fell into the dream-like state.

...

[Unknown Area]

A dream?

Allen blinked several times as he tried to look around, but strangely he couldn't move his head. Weirdly enough, it felt as if he had gotten a bird's vision. He was able to observe everything from a third person view…

There were ruined buildings seemingly made out of blackened bronze materials and large rocks at the peak of one of the highest mountains.  Also, in another, there remained a gigantic spiraling castle.

And at another peak, there was a temple-like structure. In front of the gigantic castle, there stood a headless knight with a huge sword in his hand.

It was as if he was frozen in time like a sculpture. Allen felt a strange connection with this knight.

"Hey, system? System!" Allen tried his best to summon the system, but it was of no use.

"Did I finally get rid of that useless shit?" Though joking, he wanted to see if the system would come out of hiding hearing his trash talk, but no, it didn't.

"Wait a minute..." a daring thought entered Allen's mind.

The next second, he tried to manipulate the headless knight's body. Weirdly enough, the thought alone made it happen.

The headless knight raised its arm covered in black gauntlet and moved the fingers that caused cracking sounds reverberating throughout the place. It was as if a rusty metal from long ago was being used.

Allen ended up baffled because it felt as if he was moving his own arm, though a bit uncomfortable.

He then raised his other arm, which held the hilt of the Great sword. Now grabbing it with the other as well, Allen swung the sword as cracking sound reverberated from his whole body.

He then lifted his right leg, taking a step forward. The moment he did that, a thunderous lightning crackled in the sky.

One step... two steps, three and four...

It was as if a myth had been woken. A deity from the deepest and darkest realms had re-risen.

His dominating aura seemed to surge.

He took a final step, bringing cracks on the ground. He raised his sword high once again.

Allen slowly and steadily tried to move himself towards the headless knight. The knight then raised its arm and grabbed its head, attaching it.

Creak- Crack-

As fixed the head, crackling noises echoed once again. Its eyes started to glow with a bright blue glow.

The Death Knight had returned.

Allen was rather surprised with what was going on. He merely thought it to be a dream, especially because of the Lantern and the last few words of the system.

He thought that at least here, he was somewhat free, but at that exact moment, chains erupted from the ground, binding the death knight by tying around his arms and legs, preventing him from going out of the boundaries.

"Indeed, it was exactly as HE said," a faint voice echoed in Allen's ears as he spotted a person with rather sharp eyes and fang-like teeth, approaching him wearing a traditional golden Chinese robe with green hairs that reached his shoulders.

"Who?" Allen tried to take a step back, but the chains prevented him from doing so.

"Tsk tsk tsk, the death knight's awakening... it could definitely become a variable. But me being here... nah nah nah, I won't let it happen," with red gleaming eyes, the one holding chain said, slightly licking his own lips.

Allen, somewhat annoyed with the restrictions even here, decided to test give a strong pull.

Not remaining like a peasant, rather, grabbing the chain with his own gigantic arms, Allen pulled the chains after gripping them tightly.

Blinking once or twice, Allen could feel the brute strength from these robust muscles. As he pulled the chains with all his might, cracks started to appear on the floor.

“Not on my watch!”, the figure smiled slightly as with a single burst of strength, his body leapt into the air, moving towards Allen at a very high speed.

His fingers stretched out, and his sharp, pointy nails resembling daggers amidst the moonlight neared Allen.

The battle had just begun!

 

3