Chapter 40: Death Cromwell [4]
21 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40: Death Cromwell [4]

The night called in for a terrifying scene. In the veil of Moonlight, one would be able to see the horror inducing creature flying as his red wings flapped.

Its torso was detached, revealing pulsating organs and sinews. Red blood flowed, adding to its menacing appearance. Red scales covered its body and wings, with eyes and hair darkening to shades of red. This was the incomplete godly form of the vampire: Manananggal, a symbol of strength and madness, like a berserk state.

Blood lust glowed in his eyes as he faced the Death Knight, who seemed to disintegrate from countless cuts. Vlad rejoiced with a crazed hiss, his happiness knowing now boundaries, but he knew it wasn't the end – after all, his opponent was the Death Knight.

Blood and flesh gathered. They started to levitate, each drop of black blood seemingly attracted towards one point. Following it, strange, wriggling worms, more likely centipedes began to appear, forming arms and legs. It was a creepy sight.

In just a few seconds, the Death Knight returned, his armor seemingly fixing itself along with his body, as if it was his skin.

His orbits were devoid of flames, but it didn’t take long for them to reignite. Looking at his heavy armour that had been renewd - devoid of rust and dust, the Death Knight couldn’t help but chuckle.

'Infinite regeneration... this ability is too OP!' Allen thought inwardly, his excitement palpable.

"Kukukukuk, looks like we both are immortal bastards," Vlad sneered, his intentions all too clear. He prepared his sharp claws for another fight. Despite his initial mission to eliminate the Death Knight, it seemed like he was enjoying himself.

As for the Death Knight, he was barehanded. The sword he had launched crashed into the ground not too long ago, the dust cloud still visible.

The scenery fascinated Allen. He wasn't foolish enough to think that what was happening was just a dream. Although, he couldn’t feel the coldness in the air nor smell the irritating stench of rotting corpses and blood, he could clearly feel the intense vibrations. Albeit still thinking about the lantern’s effects, Allen couldn’t disregard the possibility of it being another scheme of the system.

The death knight's armor was heavy, and its weight generated a shockwave with each step. Anyone caught under it would be crushed into a paste.

With such heavy armor, swift movements were impossible. An excessively large amount of strength was required for even the slightest motion.

However, that didn't seem to hold true for Allen. With his mere thoughts, the Death Knight, as if unburdened by the weight, vanished instantly after an initial blast of shockwaves from his right foot.

As he didn’t have his sword, this was one of the things that he could manage to do.

With his high speed, the Death Knight appeared next to Vlad, twisting his body and conjuring strength in the process, only to give a mighty kick.

But Vlad blocks it rather easily. The claws on both of his hands extended, becoming long and thick. They became way sturdier, enough to block the Death Knight’s kick.

However, Allen wasn't done yet. He pulled his leg, twisted his body once again, turning like a top. This time, he conjured blue flames in his right leg before aiming at Vlad, deciding to give it his all!

Vlad, on the other hand, prepared himself for the attack. His claws were engulfed in red flames, emitting a similar aura to the death knight at the moment. More than a defense, it seemed like an attack!

The death knight swung his leg, and so did Vlad, both attacks colliding with each other.

Boom!

A massive shockwave was generated, blowing past them. The wind caused all the pebbles and small rocks in the ruin to vibrate and even fly away!

"Not done yet!" Vlad didn't take any rest. He pulled his right arm instantly and thrust his left hand forward, which also had claws engulfed in red flames.

The death knight, however, hadn't conjured another flame leg but managed to intercept the attack with the armor directly.

Boom!

Yet another explosion, accompanied by greater damage dealt to the Death Knight, occurred, pushing him back almost 100 meters!

As Allen took the time to steady himself, using his heavy body to slow down the slide, Vlad utilized his extreme agility and appeared right in front of him.

 Despite Allen's god-like vision, he failed to see the moment due to a momentary lack of focus. Vlad, seizing this opportunity, launched a barrage of 100 punches in just a second, all aimed at the Death Knight's abdomen.

Every punch landed, covering almost the entire abdomen. However, the death knight felt nothing instantly. After a second passed, about a hundred shockwaves blasted from behind, as if coursing through the body. It was a delayed impact that tore the armor and the worms that remained within!

About ten holes had appeared behind. The worms that surrounded those area had been obliterated - that was Vlad’s strength!

 

Albeit, knowing fully well that the death knight would just recover, Vlad just smirked as he showed just how strong he could be, and how useless the Death Knight’s armour was in front of his strength.

The death knight took a few more steps back. Having absorbed the attack, he felt a strange instability, as if genuinely hurt!

Again, as Allen took the time to steady himself, Vlad used the opportunity, this time summoning chains.

The ground split open, and red chains stained with blood emerged with crackling noises. They were thick but fit well in Vlad’s arms. The claws were replaced with delicate yet muscular fingers which he used to grab the heavy chains.

Wasting no more time, Vlad decided to put an end to the game by using the chains to wrap the Death Knight and take him away to ‘HIM’ who could perhaps suggest a way to eliminate the knight.

But the death knight was not ready to take a beating, at least, Allen wasn’t.

Realizing yet another ability of his, Allen pulled forth a surge of worms from the holes that had formed on his back in the previous attack. The centipedes gushed out, one clinging to the other and forming live chains!

“Ah? Interesting…”

3