Chapter 1
557 10 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A boy walks down the hallway of his house to his brother's room.

 

He was probably about eleven years old. He had curly brown hair that went down to his shoulders and was wearing a Kirby shirt and blue jeans.

 

He looked at the door.

 

There was a sign on it that said ‘Jack’s Room: NO GIRLS ALLOWED!’

 

Jimmy didn’t know why his brother had this sign on his door. They were the only two children in their family and this rule didn’t apply to their mom.

 

I mean, Jack once did tell his mother to leave his room while pointing at the sign, but she just said that she was a grown woman and not a girl so the rule didn’t apply to her which Jack couldn't really argue with.

 

Maybe it was just a precaution in case their parents had another child, or as a deterrent from some sort of cooties related apocalypse. Jimmy didn’t really know.

 

He mentally prepared himself for what he was about to do, took a deep breath, and knocked on his brother’s door.

 

A moment later a boy with short spiky brown hair, a black t-shirt that read ‘Eat, Sleep, VIDEO GAMES!’ in the form of a checklist on a piece of paper, and was also wearing a pair of gray basketball shorts. He was about twelve years old.

 

“Hey Jim! You wanna play some more Mario Kart? Don’t worry, I won’t go too hard on you this time.”

 

“...Maybe later, Jack…”

 

Jack suddenly notices a look of concern on his brother’s face.

 

“...Is there something wrong?”

 

“...No…well…kind of, maybe?”

 

Jack cocks his head to the side with a confused look on his face.

 

“...Okay, now I'm just confused?”

 

“...Well, it’s kinda…hard to explain…”

 

Jack walks over and takes a seat on his bed while patting the spot next to himself.

 

Jimmy takes a seat next to his brother.

 

“...So…what is it that you wanted to tell me?” Jack says with a small smile on his face.

 

Jimmy takes a deep breath.

 

“...I don’t know exactly what is going on with me…”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“...Well, I have been feeling…kinda weird lately, but I don’t…really know how to explain it…”

 

“How so?”

 

Jimmy sighs while looking down at the floor.

 

His brother’s room wasn’t very clean. There were toys, clothes, and food wrappers strewn about everywhere. He had a small TV on a desk that was covered in video game disk and cases (just to be clear, the games were not inside of their cases, but they were more or less sitting next to each other on the desk). To make a long story short, Jack’s room was a mess.

 

On the other hand, Jimmy always preferred to keep his room organized. ‘A place for everything so everything is in its place’ he would sometimes say.

 

Other kids sometimes made fun of him for this when the brothers invited ‘friends’ over.

 

Actually, they were all Jack’s friends. Jimmy was never very popular and didn’t really have a single person he could genuinely call a friend other than his brother. Other boys always thought that he was weird. Too emotional as they would sometimes put it.

 

Jimmy scowls and thinks back to a specific memory that sticks out in his mind.

 

“Hey kid, does your mommy clean your room for you?”

 

“No…I do it myself.”

 

“Loser! Don’t you know that cleaning is only something girls are supposed to do?”

 

Jimmy sheepishly looks down at the ground, tears forming at the corners of his eyes.

 

Jack walks between Jimmy and his ‘friend’.

 

“Hey! Stop messing with Jimmy! Only I am allowed to do that!”

 

“Or else what?” The other boy says with a shit eating grin.

 

“Or else THIS!”

 

Jack punches the other boy in the face.

 

The other kids started to fight back and things turned into an all out brawl.

 

“Hey!” Jimmy and Jack’s mother marches up the stairs. “What in the world is going on?”

 

“HE STARTED IT!” Both of the boys point to each other.

 

“WELL I’M FINISHING IT!” The mother yells.

 

This ‘friend’ never came back to our house.

 

Also, he and Jack aren’t friends anymore. Not like they really ever were friends. They just liked a lot of the same video games. Aside from that they didn’t really have a lot else in common.

 

“...I sometimes feel like…I dunno…that having a body is…weird…”

 

“Having a body is weird though!” Jack jumps up on his bed excitedly.

 

“We are just meat puppets held together by a skeleton, blood, and…and some other stuff…If you think about it, our brains are just mechs that control the rest of our bodies. I don’t know about you, but I think that is really cool!”

 

“...Cool…sure…”

 

Jimmy looks down again.

 

Jack scowls.

 

“Okay! Now I know that something is wrong!”

 

Jack quickly sits back down and waits for his brother to continue.

 

“...Whenever I look in the mirror…I don’t really…see myself…”

 

Jack quickly scurries to the other side of the bed.

 

“THAT MEANS YOU’RE A VAMPIRE!”

 

Jack picks up a toy sword and aims it at Jimmy.

 

“LEAVE AT ONCE, YOU FOUL BEAST!”

 

“...That…That’s not what I mean…”

 

“...Oh…”

 

Jack throws the toy sword on the ground and sits back down.

 

“...You know what…sure…Let’s play some Mario Kart…”

 

“Finally!” Jack sighs. “I wanted to listen to what you had to say, but that was getting SO BORING!”

 

Jack quickly sets up his Gamecube and inserts the disc for Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

 

He brings two controllers over to his bed. Jack keeps the regular controller to himself and hands Jimmy an orange Mad Katz controller on which half of the buttons didn’t really work that well.

 

Jack presses start and selects the 2 player option and then Grand Prix.

 

“Which cup do you wanna do?” Jack asks his brother.

 

“...I am fine with any of them…”

 

“As you wish!”

 

Jack chooses the special cup on 200 cc.

 

They then approach the character select screen.

 

Jack quickly decides to play as Bowser and Wario.

 

Jimmy sticks with his mains which were Peach and Daisy.

 

“Why do you always decide to play as the girls when there are so many cool guys in this game anyways?” Jack questions while staring intently at the screen playing the game.

 

“...I dunno…I just like them…”

 

Jack just shrugs and they continue to play.

 

At the end of the cup Jack got first place as usual. He didn’t get first in every race, but he still had more than enough points to win.

 

Jimmy wasn’t the worst at video games, but he only managed to get fourth place which wasn’t bad, but not nearly as good as his brother.

 

“I win again! In your face!” Jack gloats.

 

“...Good for you…”

 

“Don’t be such a sore loser Jimmy!”

 

“...I didn’t say anything though…”

 

“Yes you did! You just said ‘good for you’ and those are words so you were saying something!”

 

“...So…”

 

“...You said it in the tone of a sore loser!”

 

“...What…does that even mean?”

 

“It means you’re a loser!” Jack says with his tongue out.

 

“...Whatever…” Jimmy crosses his arms and slouches.

 

Jack notices this and a concerned expression appears on his face.

 

“...Hey…”

 

“...Yeah…”

 

“...Do you wanna…finish what you were saying before…”

 

“...It’s nothing…”

 

Jack crosses his arms and huffs.

 

“Well, I don’t believe you!”

 

“...You know what, I’m leaving…”

 

Jimmy gets up and walks towards the door of Jack’s room.

 

Jack runs in front of him using his arms to block the door.

 

“OH NO YOU DON’T!”

 

“...What…”

 

“You’re not leaving!”

 

“...Why can’t I leave?”

 

“You’re not leaving UNTIL you tell me what’s wrong!”

 

Jimmy looks down at the floor again.

 

“...Fine…”

 

He walks back over to the bed and sits down.

 

Jack walks back to the bed as well and plops down beside him.

 

“...So, you want me to tell you what’s wrong?”

 

“Yep!”

 

“...and I am not allowed to leave until I do so?”

 

“Yep!”

 

Jimmy sighs.

 

“...Alright…”

 

“Yay!” Jack raises his hands into the air “I win!”

 

After this interruption Jack sits down and tries to pay attention.

 

“...So…I lied to you earlier…”

 

“About what?”

 

“...About why I like to play Peach and Daisy in Mario Kart…”

 

“...So, there is a reason why you play as them?”

Jimmy nods.

 

Jacks listens.

 

“...It is because…I…think they are pretty!”

 

“Oooh! You like girls!”

 

“...Not like that!…Well…maybe…but that is besides the point!”

 

“If it’s ‘not like that’, then what could you possibly mean?”

 

“...What is meant is like I think their…dresses…are pretty…”

 

Jack doesn’t immediately respond to this.


Jimmy closes his eyes and turns away from his brother in fear of how he was going to respond.

 

“...So…you like dresses…”

 

Jimmy doesn’t open his eyes, but he does nod his head yes.

 

“...So…that means you are a girl, right?”

 

Jimmy opens his eyes and looks at his brother.

 

“...What?”

 

“Only girls can like dresses! If you like dresses then you must be a girl!”

 

(Author’s Note: Anyone can wear anything and clothes aren’t gendered)

 

“...Really…” Jimmy’s head perks up.

 

“Yeah! One of my friends told me that and he heard it from his older brother who heard it from his dad and everyone knows that adults know everything! So yes, it does!”

 

“...Huh…” Jimmy turns his eyes back to the floor, but this time he didn’t feel nearly as bad as he did before.

 

“He’ they cringed at the thought. ‘I don’t like ‘he’, at least, I am pretty sure I don’t’.

 

Jimmy turns back to his brother.

 

“...Does this mean…that I…can be your sister?”

 

Jack puts a hand on his chin and thinks for a moment.

 

“...I don’t see why not…” He says with a shrug.

 

Suddenly, Jimmy hugs their brother.

 

“Hey!” Jack shoves them off. “What was that all about!”

 

“...I dunno…That just made me really happy…”

 

“...So…” Jack gets up and looks at his sibling.

 

“...What is your new name?”

 

“...Huh?”

 

“You heard me! What is your new name! Your girl name! I don’t think Jimmy is a girl name so you have got to change it!”

 

(Author’s Note: You can have whatever name that you would like to have. These kids are just kind of stupid)

 

“...I guess…that makes sense…”

 

“...Alright…” Jack thinks to himself.

 

“...What about…Jackie?”

 

“...That is way too close to your name…People would confuse them too easily…”

 

“...Okay then…what about…Hannah Montana?”

 

“...Isn’t naming myself after someone else illegal though?”

 

“Not if you don’t get caught! Besides, you could impersonate her and then you would be rich!”

 

She thinks this over for a moment.

 

“...Nah…too much work…”

 

“...You’re no fun…” Jack crosses his arms and scowls while he thinks of another name.

 

“...What about…Jill?”

 

A tingly sensation travels through her body.

 

“...I think…that…I like that name…”

 

Jack gets up and extends out his hand.

 

“Hello miss. What is your name?”

 

She extends out her hand and completes the handshake.

 

“...Hi…my…my name…is…Jill…”

 

She blushes as that tingly sensation runs through her body again.

 

“My name is…Jill…I am a girl named Jill…”

 

She starts to cry. These weren’t tears of sadness though.

 

They were tears of joy.

 

Jill runs over and hugs her brother.

 

“Thank you! You are the best brother ever!”

 

“...Yeah…I know…”

 

After about a minute Jill releases Jack from the hug.

 

“...Hey Jill…”

 

“Yes!” She says with a smile on her face.

 

“Get out of my room. No girls allowed.”

 

“...What?”

 

“You heard what I said! Get out of my room. I’m sorry, but I can’t risk getting your cooties.”

 

“...But…we just hugged…”

 

“...And I am going to take a shower as soon as you leave. Get out of my room.”

 

Jill sighs and leaves the room as her brother shuts the door and prepares to take a shower.

 

“...But…how will I play Mario Kart now?”

33