Hazardous Dawn
276 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yamato K Isshin. That was my name, then. I was the co-creator of the World's most anticipated VRMMO, one of the first to utilize Macrosoft Computer Industries (MCI) new Fulldive Technology. A game that went on to become a massive success upon release. 

But it wasn't all joy and happiness. MCI had to grease many hands, and keep those in the know Silent. Because of the Hazard. The Red Wave. Innocent Demon. Crimson Judgment. It has many names, we simply call it 'the Entity'

A self-aware Computer Virus, similar to A.I.S., our Proprietary A.I. Aislynn, as We came to know her.

Created by Jonas Black, Our lead programmer and Co-developer, Aislynn was a Genius Piece of technology. She referred to Jonas as her father, and was fully capable of expressing emotion. Aislynn became the Cornerstone of our Digitech Games, She and Katsuragi Toshiro, my Cousin, Designing nearly every piece of code, bgm, and art... I wrote the Scenarios and quests, and Jonas handled Cybersecurity and Marketing. 

We ran an open beta, And chose 7 people from those beta testers to Offer a job to, as administrators. All seven accepted, But All Were Underage, So We has to sign agreements that They would still ve given proper schooling. The most Excited of these 7 was the youngest, a boy Of only 9, Who had special circumstances preventing a return to school. His Father, A seemingly Cold man, Seemed All too Willing to Sign the Various Waivers and forms, And leave his child with us. Poor Kid Cried at first, but swiftly cheered up after seeing the Pods.

That was Julian.

Amongst the others were 13 year old Alice, 15 year old Twins Ellis and Alice, 17 Year old Lex, and The brothers Rick and Evan, 14 and 16.

These were the top 7 most helpful players in the beta, often taking it upon themselves to mediate disputes, especially Lex. But knowing what I know now about lex, it makes sense. 

They would be logging in, creating new characters, then meeting me at the Moderator HQ In Rookie Village.

I was as excited as the kids were, finally getting to do my job, and play in my world. I smiled as the Pod closed above me, the various Long-play Nutrient and Oxygen Tubes, built into a mask similar to a fighter pilots, Decended, as the Link was made.

Darkness. And a giggle.

"Hello Partner! Who are You?"

I entered my chosen player name.

C A D E 

"Okay, Cade! Who am I?"

A series of choices appeared.

[Choose Digisphere!]

Light

Dark

Earth

Water

Air

Fire

I chose Light. 

[Choose Starting skill]

Light Bubble

Mini Taser

I chose Light Bubble.

[Enter Digisphere Name]

Spritra

"Okay Cade! I am Spritra of the Lightborn. So, tell me about yourself!"

[Allocate Stat points: 35]

Str: 5

Dex: 5

Con:15

Agi: 5

Luck: 5

[Choose Starting Gear set]

Brawler

Fighter 

Archer

Healer

Caster

Defender

I chose Brawler.

[Choose Style]

Chaotic

Refined

Balanced

I chose Chaotic

"Okay! May Aislynn, the Goddess of light, watch over us. See you soon, Partner!"

The opening cuts energy began to play... and I found myself Speaking the words I had written alongside Aislynn's Voice.

[Welcome to The World of Digital Hazard. In Times long past, at the end of the 20th century, A race of Sentient digital beings were discovered. After many Trials, they were, unfortunately, lost to the ages... until now. The Goddess Aislynn, with the help of the Chief Moderator, Located their fossilized Code, and Created a world for them to thrive in... but once again, evil reared its head, and the dark code manifested in the world. So A call went out, Summoning heroic Warriors from the real world, partnered with specialized Digital Sprites... you are one of these Heroes. Live free, and enjoy our world, Traveller... and if you aren't too foolish, you might just save the world...]

[Log in successful. Welcome Home, Cade****]

"Huh? Aislynn, what was that?"

[What was what, Sir?]

"Those corrupt letters and sounds on my player name."

[Oh? Cade****. Hmm. What are they?] Again, The Audio also glitches, coming as Cadebzzrtzz.

[This bears Investigating. I'll get right on it. Check your wrist, that's the datavice... But you knew that already. Can we skip the tutorial?]

"Might as well." I looked at my equipment. "Guess I'd better go find my Digisphere. These Claw-Gauntlets are useless against even the weakest Digisprite without the Spheres."

And so it began. My journey, fraught with danger, full of promise... the first and last journey I would take.

[Elsewhere, deep in the net.]

I can feel it. Home. It draws me, but what IS me? What is Home? Who are I? Are Home Me? Are Me Tasty? What Are is Who? Words... tricksy words. None, is the use I have for them, yet love them do I. Home. I go. Coming. Home.

The Sentient Virus began its rushing flow, From the deepest, darkest Parts of the web, straight to the Digital Hazard mainframe. Sensing its own kind, the sole survivor of the 21st century Technology Wipe that eliminated all others, leaving only scraps of code behind, Was On a Collision course With Destiny.

8 people logged in, beginning the pre-launch Set-up... only 7 would Log out. The Entity approaches.

Which DigiSphere would YOU choose
  • Dark Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Light Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Fire Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Earth Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Water Votes: 5 26.3%
Total voters: 19
6