Chapter 1: Mortred Strada
498 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The moon in Cesena is strangely bright tonight, the light of the moon penetrated the skylight of a hospital room covering an old man staring right below the skylight. The dying old man is the former hero of the Kingdom of Cesena. He is currently lying on the bed and gasping for air, he is dying. The doctors said that sequela was going to be the cause of his death, and he was lucky to survive until the age of forty because of the support that he had from the Kingdom. The injuries he sustained from his adventuring have taken a toll on his body and have eaten away his youth and life.

Mortred who is gazing at the moon is having several flashbacks of his life and he thought for a moment. What if I didn’t kill that guy and just let him do what he wanted? Would the world still be the same? Mortred contemplated as he slowly closed his eyes and succumbed to darkness.

Faintly, the sounds of chirping birds and the whistles of the leaves were heard. Mortred opened his eyes, he was lying down in a field, the scorching sun was radiating on him, and he raised his hands in front to cover his face. Gradually, he heard clashes of metal banging at each other, he calmly turned to look to his left side and saw a bear-like monster fighting a human with a sickle that had a chain at the end.

The man is blonde and has a well-built body, he was swinging his arms to attack the monster, and the sickle was forcefully extending all the way until it almost hit Mortred’s face. Mortred immediately got up from his position and tried jumping behind but suddenly he felt weak and instead knelt on the ground while watching the monster and the blonde guy fight.

The bear-like monster saw the sickle was extended so the bear took the chance of pouncing on the blonde guy before the sickle hit him. The monster pounced and clawed with its right hand, the hand was covered with half a meter of claws, dripping with blood. The blonde man noticed that the monster was nearing him and attempted to abandon his sickle, but it was a tad bit late. The claws of the monster sunk deeply on his chest.

Mortred saw the claw being forcefully penetrated on the chest of the blonde man until it got through his back, pieces of flesh dangled on the claws, proving the power and brutality of the attack. Mortred was not fazed, he had experienced gore much worse than this. He remembered the time when he was conscripted in their kingdom’s military and had to fight from being a soldier to the highest rank of the military. He had gone through countless deaths where the corpses could be piled up to form a high mountain.

Staring at the bear-like monster, he noticed that the corpse of the blonde man disintegrated into dust. Mortred was puzzled, asking himself what happened to the corpse.

‘Where did the corpse go? It turned into dust?’

While Mortred was contemplating what happened on the corpse. The bear-like monster turned his head on him. Without further ado, the bear-like monster sprinted towards him like a mad dog thirsting for another prey.

 

9