Rework Hiatus
249 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, I was re-reading what I’ve already put out, and I grew increasingly unsatisfied with it.

The quality of writing, story, characters- those are acceptable (to me). Not perfect, of course, and there are things I would write differently in hindsight, but nothing drastic. 

The problem is quantity. It feels… rushed. It’s not that I skipped over anything important, but that there’s not enough breathing room between the important bits. I’m not talking about filler, but, you know. Evocative description, longer conversations, more life. 

And, well, this is bothering me too much to continue. It’s not something I can fix in five minutes- I’d estimate that I’d want to double the number of words written to reach the desired pacing. 

So, unfortunately, I’m putting this on official hiatus, cos I intend to more or less rewrite the entire story, which might take a while. 

 

If you have feedback about what I’ve written up to this point- especially as regards areas where you think I could’ve spent more words-, please leave a comment. Everything will be taken on board, albeit some stuff will get tossed into the sea once we leave the harbour. 

In addition to a slower pace, there are a few other things I’m gonna tweak. A few folks already mentioned that Dellia’s ‘provincial accent’ is a bit jarring, for example, so I’m gonna tone that back a bit (not remove entirely, cos I find it amusing and that’s the most important thing).

2