26-Sparring Fight(2)
478 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

26-Sparring Fight(2)

When they reached the middle of the clearing; Elrohir looked at Swain's missing left arm with a emotionless face.

"I will not use my one arm to be fair." he said.

Swain could not help but chuckle when he heard these words. This movement caused Elrohir to frown.

"If you use only one arm, you will lose before you know what happened. I suggest you use both of your arms." said Swain and he pulled out his katana that was attached to his left side of the waist.

This movement made the two sisters who were sitting on the stone and watching them raise their eyebrows in fear.

"Will this be good for him?" said Aerith, looking at Naraya.

"......"

This was not a fight to the death so he did not need to draw his katana from its sheath.

"Alright...." whispered Elrohir and he also took his sword in the same way.

Elrohir raised his sword and took a fighting stance and said "There are no rules, we will continue until one of us gives up. If that is okay with you."

A small smile appeared on his face as he said these words.

Elrohir's sword was straight and both sides were sharp. Its length was a little shorter than Swain's katana, probably around 140-150 centimeters. It had a brown sheath and a brown hilt. This brown material looked like wood and it had some carvings related to Elf art on it.

Swain did not respond to this provocation and entered a fighting stance. Actually, calling it a fighting stance was a bit of an exaggeration. Swain just lifted his katana slightly in the air while looking at Elrohir.

Elrohir spoke with a slight anger when he saw Swain's fighting stance.

"I had heard that Asgardians were arrogant but I did not expect this much." he said.

Swain did not answer these words. He just stood still and continued to look at Elrohir with empty eyes.

"Since you are playing hard...." he whispered to Elrohir and charged towards Swain.

While running, he added "Let's see how long you can keep this up."

Swain's face showed a mocking smile when he saw this. He was enjoying this situation.

He spun his katana in his hand and then grabbed it from the tip of its sheath and dodged Elrohir's sword that was swung horizontally by pulling his head slightly back.

As Elrohir's sword passed in front of Swain's face, Swain pushed his katana forward and hit Elrohir's chin with its hilt.

The force of the blow made Elrohir's head go back and he became dizzy.

Swain spun his katana again and then grabbed it from its hilt and swung it horizontally towards Elrohir's head.

Elrohir, although he was dizzy, managed to snap out of it at the last moment and raised his sword in front of Swain's katana.

A faint sound was made when the two swords clashed.

As the swords clashed, Swain pulled his katana and swung it again from the opposite side.

Swain's movements were very fast and Elrohir could not keep up with him.

As the katana came towards him, the only thing he could do was to transfer eter to his shoulder and reduce the force of the blow.

Elrohir thought *it was not said that I could not use eter in the rules* as he did this.

Of course, Elrohir's move did not escape Swain's purple eyes.

*Very inexperienced*

Swain made a small movement and lifted his katana a little more and made the katana hit Elrohir's head directly.

"AĞH"

When this happened, Elrohir groaned in pain and his eyes showed the danger of going back. He quickly took a few steps back and tried to get away from Swain but Swain did not think of letting him go.

Swain got close to Elrohir and attacked him one after another.

Elrohir was not fast enough to defend these attacks with his sword so he tried to defend himself by using eter energy.

Every time Swain's katana and Elrohir's eter energy clashed, the repulsion force created by eter pushed Swain's katana back.

*Interesting energy. Let's see what its limits are*

Swain thought this while a big and ominous smile appeared on his face.

He had to either anger Elrohir or ask him directly if he wanted to see what this energy could do.

Swain was not good-natured enough to choose the second option. Besides, the first option was much easier for him.

"Is this the only thing you can do? If so, you have disappointed me." said Swain as he continued to attack.

Elrohir could not ignore these words even if he wanted to. He was not able to completely block Swain's attacks with the amount of eter he used as the attacks rained down on him.

The reason for this was that Swain increased his power in proportion to Elrohir's amount of eter. So Elrohir had to use more eter.

As Swain's endless attacks continued, Elrohir's patience ran out. He finally pulled the eter around him into his body and attacked suddenly.

Thick and thorny vines sprang from the ground and spread in all directions at the same time. There were thorns at the end of the vines so Swain had to retreat.

They looked at each other by leaving a long distance between them.

There was a bright smile on Swain's face. The reason for this smile was that he had achieved his goal. He looked at the green energy that was circulating around Elrohir with his bright, blue eyes.

There was a serious expression on Elrohir's face. He had been trained to be the next royal guard since he was born and the other elves always told him that he was very talented.

According to his teacher, no one could match him at his level. But he was a little doubtful about that now, the man in front of him was looking at him with a big smile and it was very clear that he did not take this fight seriously with his movements and moves.

Elrohir asked himself: Will I lose?

"No!" he snarled Elrohir.

Swain giggled when he saw that Elrohir was conflicted and doubtful within himself.

"You have to do more than that if you want to intimidate me." said Swain. He looked at Nara who was leaning on a stone in the distance as he said these words.

Nara frowned as she met Swain's eyes.

"What do you know about him?" she asked without taking her eyes off Swain.

The two sisters sitting on the stone were not surprised when they heard this question. After all, they had been waiting for this question for a long time.

"As you know, his name is Jericho Swain and if they are not wrong, he is very old." said Aerith without waiting.

Nara put her hand on her chin and looked at the ground thoughtfully and asked "What else do you know?"

"Nothing else-" said Aerith.

"They said that people call him the Demon of Secrets." Elora interrupted.

Nara continued to look at the ground with a thoughtful expression when she heard these words.

"Jericho Swain....."

"Demon of Secrets....."

"Where do I know him from?"

Nara thought aloud and gave herself entirely to thinking. Her eyes shone with understanding just a second later.

Years ago, when she was promoted to the royal guard, she gained access to the imperial library.

There were only important books in this library and the number of these books was only ten. Each book told what was happening in the other realms.

Frankly, reading books was not Nara's interest and she had visited this library only out of curiosity. The first thing that caught her attention when she entered the library was a book that recorded information about Asgard.

The cover of this book was made entirely of gold and it was shining in the dark.

This book was very thin and it was clear that it had only a few pages. Nara opened the book and started to examine it. The beginning of the book told about the foundation of Asgard and Odin's relentless massacres.

Nara knew these very well so she skipped them directly. The other pages were about Odin's family.

Nara quickly skipped the things she knew and went to the last page. There were only a few sentences on the last page.

~Odin's first child; Jericho Swain also known as the Demon of Secrets, killed a commander and about ten civilians. It is estimated that the reason for this was a rage attack. He was exiled by Odin for this crime he committed.~

The pages of this book were very old and the elves had already forgotten Jericho Swain's name. So it was normal for Nara not to know this since her father was not even born at that time.

"Jericho Swain!" Nara shouted.

Her shout caused the girls next to her to look at her in astonishment.

"What happened Nara? Do you know him?" Elora asked.

"Odin's first child. According to the old books, he was born as a failure and was rejected by the people. Even Odin himself rejected him, they say. He was exiled by Odin for killing a commander and a few civilians a long time ago and his name has been forgotten until now." Nara explained.

"His name was forgotten? How long has he been in exile?" Aerith asked.

"According to the record book... it must have been about five hundred years." Nara said.

The conversation between the three girls was interrupted by an ominous energy explosion. When the girls lifted their heads and looked at the clearing, they saw Elrohir with a hole the size of a fist in his stomach.

8