Episode 1: The Case
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was late at night in a back alley of a city.

A mafia boss and a few of his men were talking with a man named Duyi.

"What do you mean, all of the money is inside of the case", said Duyi.

The mafia boss said, "Are you trying to play a prank on me? The case is empty!"

Duyi said, "No way....no way.... All of the money is in there, how can it be empty?"

The mafia boss said, "Do you think I have the time to play these kinds of games with you?

You asking me to come all the way out here just to give me an empty case have already wasted enough of my time.

Do you think that this is funny to ask me to come all the way out here just to play this hide and seek game with you?"

Duyi said, "What do you mean by this?

All of the money I owed you is inside of that case."

The mafia boss told one of his men that was holding the case to open it up for Duyi to see.

The man opened up the case and showed Duyi the inside of the case....

It was empty.

Then, Duyi said, "Impossible, someone must have taken the money from the case.

I remember that I put all of the money inside of that case, I even checked to see if the money was still in the case many times before I came here and gave it to your men.

How could the money be gone?"

The mafia boss said, "So you're suspecting that one of my men took the money, am I right?"

Duyi said, "I don't dare to.

I must have lost the money on my way here."

Then, the mafia boss said, "I don't want to hear any of your excuses.

What I want to hear is if you got the money with you or not, and if the answer is 'no', then, I'll tell my men to teach you a lesson for wasting my time by telling me to come all the way out here so late at night just to play this little game of yours with you."

Duyi said, "I don't have any money with me right now.

All of the money that I had with me was in that case that I handed to your men."

The mafia boss got mad and said, "So that means that you called me to come out here so late at night just to play this hide and seek game with you.

I have enough of you.

Men!

Beat him up for me."

The mafia boss' men started beating Duyi up.

Then, after they were done beating Duyi up, Duyi laid down on the floor unable to move at all.

Then, the mafia boss walked over to Duyi and stepped on his stomach and pressed down on it with his foot.

Duyi groaned in pain as the mafia boss stepped down on his stomach.

Then, the mafia boss said, "I'll give you three more days.

After these three days, if I don't get my money back, I'll send my men to go and assassinate your whole family."

After saying this, the mafia boss and his men left the alley.

Duyi slowly got up and walked back home.

.....

The three days have passed, but Duyi was not able to find any money for the mafia boss at all.

Therefore, he took his family away to another city in order to prevent the mafia boss and his men to come after his family.

.....

Duyi and his family have moved to live quite far away from the previous city that they used to live.

It has been many weeks now since the day that they left, but the mafia boss has not sent his men to come after them at all.

Therefore, Duyi suspected that everything is safe now. 

He thought to himself that the mafia boss probably gave up after he learned that they've left their home to go and live somewhere else.

Therefore, Duyi just forgot about everything that have ever happened in the previous city that he and his family were living at and planned to start a new life with his family in this new city that they are living in.

.....

Duyi and his family continued to live in their new city for many weeks with no signs of troubles at all.

.....

Then, one day, when Duyi came home from work and knocked the door for his family to open it for him.

No one answered.

He knocked again, but no one answered.

Then, he noticed something on the keyhole of the door knob.

It seems like someone has tried to open it with some kind of needle.

After seeing this, he quickly turned the door knob and opened the door.

He was surprised to find out that the door was unlocked for the whole time.

Then, he quickly entered his house to go and check on his family members.

When he got to the living room of his house, he saw that all of his family members were laying on the floor dead.

The mafia boss has never forgotten about Duyi and his family, he was just waiting for the right opportunity when Duyi was not home and not on guard before he made a move.

While Duyi was going off to work, the mafia boss had already sent his men to come and murder all of Duyi's family members.

Duyi was enraged by this.

He clenched his fist tightly and mourned for his loss.

.....

Two years later....

The mafia boss had just came back home late at night after doing a business with another mafia leader.

Then, as he got inside of his car and was about to leave, everything suddenly turned dark.

.....

The mafia boss woke up in a place with a huge gate floating on a cloud.

He thought that he was just having a weird dream again, so he tried to pinch himself as to wake himself up, but then, when he pinched himself, he realized that his fingers went through his arm that he was trying to pinch.

The mafia boss was shocked by this.

Then, a man who was inside of a small house by the entrance to the huge gate said to the mafia boss, "That won't work anymore, you are merely a spirit without a body now.

You can stop trying, you won't be able to feel anything other than the air."

The mafia boss was confused by this and said, "Who are you and where is this place?

What kind of dream is this?"

The man inside of the small house by the huge gate shook his head and said, "Pitiful soul, he didn't even know that he had died already."

The mafia boss was surprised after hearing this, so he said, "What are you talking about?

I am not dead yet, this is just a dream.

Soon I'll wake up."

The man inside of the small house said, "You can wait for a whole life time and you still won't be able to wake up because you've already died."

The mafia boss felt even more agitated after hearing the man inside of the small house say this, due to the tone that the man was using sounding as if he was serious about what he had just said.

Then, the mafia boss thought to himself, "Have I really died?"

0