Chapter 19: Begin Bombardment
697 6 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
span>

I'm back, sorta. Tryna balance work, life, school, and writing. Chapters may be scattered but will try to push them at least weekly.

 

Time: Ariel 58th, 1447, 13:00. Location: Second Continent, Aryvanion, Ancold

It’s another busy day in the city, except for rumors spreading throughout the civilians that they’re losing the war. The marketplace is bustling with individuals from a wide variety of cultures, yet all human, as murmurs spread when a group of knights forces everyone to make way as they patrol. “Have you heard? We’ve been getting pushed back in Narnendia. They’ve got new allies that can even kill our purge knights in a single shot.” “Someone said our navy went missing. I haven’t heard from my cousin who was part of the Grand Fleet for a while now. I think we are los-” The two men murmuring are cut off as a man walks up behind them, smiling widely, “Now now, we can’t have people speaking badly about our empire can we?” The crowd scatters away from him as the two men’s upper bodies fall over, detached from their lower bodies. The man disappears slowly into the shadows as one of the knights moves to the center of the marketplace, standing upon a podium as he uses an aura to make his voice heard, “The empire is drafting every man able to fight for war! All must serve!” The knight steps down from the podium, motioning to the rest of the knights to begin placing posters to inform all who walk through the marketplace. To the knights it was a way to gain manpower, however the citizens considered this the beginning of the end.

 

Time: Ariel 58th, 1447, 13:00. Location: Washington DC, America

A storm of footsteps echoes throughout the Pentagon as officers move into the conference room. A general stands at the front of the room, looking over everyone before speaking, “On this day June 26th, 1944, we are in dire need to end this war quickly. We have no means of sustaining this war continually right after we give our citizens a notice of peace. We will follow through with Operation Overlord, just changing the location to the capital city of the Aryvanion, Ancold. We have maps from the Narnendians of where the capital city is and that it is an open port fortress city, our paratroopers will be able to wreak havoc among the population around the main gates. With a few hours of shelling before a landing we should be able to take this quickly. All forces partaking in the original operation will be rerouted into three landing sites, he points to the map, Able, Baker, and Charlie. Able will be the main force as they will be breaking straight into the center of the fortress through the port. Charlie and Baker are to hit the beach nearby and assault the city from both sides. Inform the frontlines to hold where they are and invasion forces are given the go to begin bombardment of the city.

 

Time: Ariel 58th, 1447, 15:00. Location: Endless Ocean?

The blare of a foghorn echoes through the ocean as a battleship signals new orders have arrived, the battleship’s captain spreading the message throughout the fleet. The fleet shifts towards the east as a single order clicks through the morse code, Set Sail For Aryvanion. War Is Ending Now.

 

Time: Ariel 58th, 1447, 22:00. Location: Aryvanion, Ancold

At the port gate of the town atop one of the guard towers, two soldiers lean out, breathing in the sea air. “Ah I love the smell of-” He pauses as part of the sea far out catches on fire as if multiple dragons suddenly breathed flames. “Did you see that?” The other man nods in silence, staring out into the sea. The men stare out into the sea as more flames breathe out across the horizon, the two men stare at each other before being tossed to the ground as a large explosion tears through the walls of the port and shakes the city. One of the men jumps up, rushing over to his partner only to find him halfway hanging off the side of the tower, his entire torso crushed up against the rocks. He drops to the ground as the walls shake again, and once again the sea is set alight, he screams at the top of his lungs in horror as he begins descending down the tower and out into the city, “THE GODS HAVE BEEN ANGERED! HELL IS COMING UPON US! DRAGONS!” The man rushes through the city as house lights flash, families rushing out into the streets to observe. Guards quickly fill the streets, reinforcing the walls as the small fleet within the port begins to spill out of the gates that are opening slowly. Ships of the line and sloops of war rush out of the ports to meet the incoming invaders, only to be met by the hellfire of the longer-ranged batteries. The enemy fleet was only illuminated by the occasional monstrous flames that flared across the sea until elevated lights suddenly illuminated the ocean, 10 different strips of lights. Hundreds of small lights dotted the night sky, almost mistaken as stars if they weren’t red and green. The buzzing and humming echoed through the empty night sky until they came close enough to the first ship to be noticed, a bird without moving wings. Multiple begin to flip upside down and dive right into the ships, pulling up last second and dropping bombs. The entire area in front of the port lights up as ships explode left and right, the port gates blown wide open by the aircraft rushing over and dropping explosives, a sight to behold as an American yet a sign that the gods have abandoned the Aryvanions. Almost as if on cue as all the guards rush to the port the bell begins to ring wildly at the main gate, the ground shakes as an explosion blows the main gate apart and the crack of firearms echoes through the entrance. A single voice heard over the explosions, “CHARGE! 82ND ALL THE WAY!!!”

0