Chapter 6: Homeland
294 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time: Ariel 38th, 1447, 14:00. Location: America, White House

President Roosevelt sat with members of the War Department as they debriefed him on the current situation. Currently, a scouting fleet consisting of 5 destroyers and 3 cruisers was on course from the East Coast eastwards. Roosevelt nods his head at the information he is being given, proud of the War Department in their strategic actions. Suddenly the door swings open as a man in a grey suit enters the room with a briefcase. One of the admirals stands up, “Hey, you can’t be here.”

The man in the suit sets the briefcase on the table, a seal of the Office of Scientific Research and Development. “This is information of the highest security level only accessible to the President currently. I require all individuals except a select few in the room to be immediately escorted out.” He nods to the President. Roosevelt immediately recognizing the man nods to the guards to escort those without the highest of security clearances out of the room.

“Speak Mr. Bush. What does the Manhattan Project require?”

Bush opens up his briefcase and hands out a few documents detailing complaints and concerns from researchers on the project. “Many researchers are debating whether or not the project is necessary now that they are no longer building a bomb to fight the Germans. They worry it may be seen as a new weapon of war that will be used on innocents.”

Roosevelt reads through the documents as he speaks, his tone staying steady and calm, “Let the researchers know that they are to continue on the project. We have no clue what this world has in store for us and we may face a foe who is even more powerful than the Germans.”

“I’ll inform them immediately. I believe the doctors will have no problem with this. After all, I’m sure they are also reluctant to drop this new field of study.” Bush closes up his briefcase and makes haste out of the room to inform the researchers. President Roosevelt looked around the room before standing up with confidence. “I have faith that God is with us and will guide us through these troubling times. God Speed gentlemen and may we serve our country well.”

 

Time: Ariel 39th, 1447, 13:00. Location: Endless Ocean?

Horns bellow through the empty ocean as a fleet forcefully moves on through the waves. The American scouting fleet was set up in a formation with 2 destroyers at the front, 2 on the sides, and 1 in the back with the three cruisers in a triangle in the middle. Admiral Stark stood at the front of the bridge on the USS Memphis, looking out at the vast sea. A glare of superiority in his eyes as he stands proud, proud to be a war vessel on an empty sea with no enemy to oppose them. Suddenly one of the radarmen runs up to the bridge. “Sir, something just appeared on the radar! It just suddenly appeared and it’s coming closer!” The admiral looks at the radarman before grabbing his binoculars and looking out into the horizon. A shape drifting out of the horizon, multiple shapes. The admiral yells in confidence, “FOREIGN FLEET, NORTHEAST!”

4