Chapter 25
89 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finally escaping the trapped waterway, I had to dive into a waterfall.

 I wonder if there were other options.

I feel like every choice I make is backfiring.

 (This world is too harsh for me.)

By desperately resisting just before falling into the waterfall, I managed to choose a different fate than the wooden box.

As a result, I didn't feel any particular pain, probably because I was able to fall into deep water.

Fortunately, I seemed to have been able to avoid serious injury from the fall, but this time I couldn't catch my breath.

I reached the bottom of the lake without being able to completely stop my falling speed, and with another kick, I desperately scraped my way to the surface of the water.

"Puhah!"

 I took a deep breath and looked at the falling waterfall.

It looked about  more than 10 meters high.

 I got horrified by the height.

 I took a breather before swimming slowly.

 (It was a good thing that I escaped unharmed.)

This world is tough on me, but considering I'm still surviving, it's probably not the worst.

As I headed towards the edge of the pond, I checked my surroundings.

There was a large statue at the end of the waterfall.

It seemed that the wooden box flew out with great force and stuck the back of the statue, shattering it.

The statue was large, over 3 meters tall, and resembling a goddess.

I felt that the impression was different from the statue of the goddess that was in the church in the village.

The box seemed to have collided with the statue's feet, and the items were scattered around it.

 ( they don't seem to be scattered very widely.)

Some might have fallen into the water, but it looked like they could be retrieved later.

I let go of the bamboo while it was falling, but luckily I didn't let go of the knife.

Somehow, I managed to catch my breath as I slowly breaststroked and rose to the ground.

"Fuuuuuuuuuu"

 After taking a deep breath, I calmed myself down.

 It clearly looks like a man made facility.

 When I looked around, I saw a large statue of a goddess in the middle of the pond, and in front of it was something like an altar.

It's a fairly large room, and the whole room is dome-shaped.

A moderate amount of light came in from the ceiling, illuminating the inside of the room.

Probably a religious facility.

 (Maybe a big church.)

Although it was large in scale, it resembled the altar room of a village church.

If you think about it that way, there are many things that make sense, as it is appropriate to have an altar and a statue of a goddess.

But among them, there is one thing that stands out.

Unlike statues of goddesses, it feels too strange.

 (What is that?)

 The moment I saw that, I couldn't believe my eyes and froze.

 I was alert and wanted to hide right away, but there were hardly any places to hide.

I gave up and stared at the thing that gives off that sense of discomfort.

 It had a large humanoid shape, and unlike stone statues, it seemed like it would start moving at any moment.

I observed it carefully, trying not to make any noise for a while, but it didn't make a move.

 It didn't seem like it's going to move, so I took a closer look.

 (Don't move when I get close.)

It stayed still and did not move even when I approached it.

 If it stood upright, it would easily exceed 2 meters.

 I've heard that the word emeth is written on people's foreheads, but it doesn't seem to be visible.

 It's different from what I imagined, but no matter how you look at it, it's probably a golem.

 (It is the first time I see something that look like otherworldly.)

The material looked like metal, but there were no indirect cuts.

It might just be the statue, but it looked unnatural, like it was sitting downstair.

Moreover, the place where the golem was located wss unnaturally half-hearted.

 I would be in trouble if I touched it poorly and it start moving, so I kept my distance and kept an eye on it.

(There would probably no curse if I don't touch it. If it moves and can't do anything, I will just leave him alone.)

Perhaps because of its presence, I feel an indescribable anxiety.

Considering the lack of luck I've had so far, I should probably leave it alone as fast as possible.

While that is the case, I need to recover the luggage taken from the village.

 I moved in front of the large statue of the goddess and approached the altar in front of it.

There is a stand on the altar, and a transparent sphere that looks like it is made of crystal is placed on top of it.

It has a sacred atmosphere, and I didn't feel like touching it carelessly.

Going behind the altar without touching the sphere, I approached the broken box.

The items inside the box were scattered, but they were contained within a small area, and most of the items were recovered.

I am relieved to be able to recover important cloth, wool, seeds, and bamboo.

Using a cloth as a wrapping cloth, I carried my belongings together.

A certain amount of time had passed from time I felt down the waterfall until packed my things.

There must have been a loud noise, but there was no sign of anyone approaching.

This altar room is large, but there isn't much space to investigate.

 Other than the waterfall, pond, goddess statue, altar, and golem, there is only a locked room next to the waterfall and the exit from this room.

It doesn't seem like anything will change if I stay any longer, so I grabbed my luggage and headed for the exit of the room.

Just to be on the safe side, I quickly headed for the exit, looking back at the golem several times to make sure it didn't make a sudden move.

It was a large room, but I arrived at the exit without incident.

Let's get out of the room and explore the surroundings.

"···Ma"

 As I was left the room, I thought I heard a voice for a moment, but when I turned around, there was nothing, so I just left.

 I thought I heard a woman's voice...

Even though my things were wrapped in cloth, it was bulky, so I placed them in front of the entrance to the altar room.

With the knife in my hand as my only partner, I explored the other rooms.

When I came out of the altar room, I noticed that there was dust everywhere, and I was concerned about the cleanliness of the altar room.

 If you only look at the dust, there should be people in the altar room, but after going outside, it looks like there are no people there.

Dust has accumulated on the passage, and there were footprints everywhere I walked.

There were no footprints in the dust other than my own.

 It seemed that no one had come or gone recently.

Immediately after leaving the altar room, there was a large floor with several rooms surrounding it.

It looks like a large church with a structure centered around the floor and altar room.

I carefully investigated the surrounding rooms connected to the floor one by one.

There were rooms that appeared to be housing facilities, a kitchen, a meeting room, and a storage room.

 All the rooms were neatly tidyed up, and there was almost no things left behind.

Although there are very few items, there was no sign that it had been vandalized by thieves.

 (Maybe they moved?)

The cause is unknown, but I think people may have intentionally left the church.

 In the end, there was only one room that was locked, and it was the one in the altar room.

The door to that room didn't have a keyhole, and there was just a gap nearby.

 I think the gap is a mechanism to open the door, but since I don't know how, I gave up trying to unlock it.

I finished investigating everything including the altar room, but there were no new discoveries, so I ended my search inside the church.

He wanted to explore outside the church, but the sun was setting.

I set up a room for myself in what appeared to be a residential facility, brought in my belongings, and prepared a bed.

I am worried, but it would be better to go to bed before it gets dark.

 The entrance to the room should be designed so that it will make a sound when someone comes.

(Let's get some sleep and check outside tomorrow.)

2