Chapter 30
117 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have roughly decided how I will reconstruct the village.

The plan is to implement this over a year, so I would like to find a way to strengthen my skills at the same time.

At the moment, my skills are only worth the equivalent of a tool or one horse, but now that I've acquired them, I want to strengthen them.

And I want to dream of being unrivaled someday.

(Well, with my current skills, it seems difficult even if I strengthen it.)

From past experience, it seems that the skills of mana sensing, mana absorption, and mana manipulation improve the more you use them.

It would be a good idea to improve my work efficiency and strengthen my skills by using them to carry out the work necessary for village reconstruction.

Although it is simple, I will consider this the basic way to strengthen skills.

(Poor cannot be choser.)

The work required for village reconstruction is basically agricultural work, such as digging up fields and maintaining them inside and outside the village.

All of these tasks are basically related to preliminary preparations, and once they are finished, I might have fewer opportunities to use my skills.

It would be better to separately consider and prepare work that will be connected to the future and will take a long time, even if it is not directly related to the reconstruction of the village.

What should I do that would be useful in the future?

What should we do if we think that it will lead to the future?

If all efforts to secure food go smoothly, the next step is to make preparations for securing human resources.

Even if all goes well, it will only take a year from now, but unless I can find someone else living nearby, the candidate I will secure will naturally be someone from the village.

That's true, but there is a considerable distance from the village to this village.

Aside from adults, a means of transporting children, especially infants under the age of two, will be needed.

If the road is harsh, even if they have food, there is a high possibility that I will not be able to save them.

If I want to start securing people immediately after one year, I will need to establish an efficient means of transportation at that point, and the challenge is how to achieve this.

Is there a good way?

For example, I could try to negotiate with the village to take over the children and have them transport them to this village, but this is unlikely.

At least, at that point, I don't feel like a 3-year-old like me would be able to stand at the negotiating table.

Even if the negotiations go well, there is no guarantee that I will not be attacked if it becomes known that there is food in this village.

It would be a considerable risk if the villager came to know about this place, as it remains a village with no self-defense capabilities.

There are many good people among the villagers, but they can't all be good-natured people, and if there were people who could maintain self-control even when they were starving, they would be considered saints.

At least in the beginning, it would be better to secure people that the village would throw away without the village noticing.

since I cannot rely on the villagers, so I'll have to think of ways to do it myself or something else.

For example, abandoned children are washed away in waterways.

How about using that waterway as a means of transportation and transporting them directly to this village?

I already have a track record of reaching this village, so it seems pretty good.

It would be ideal if I could create a system that would transport things from the village to here just by letting the flow take its course.

I am not sure if I can remember the route from village to village, but it's worth considering.

However, in order to create that mechanism, I first need a route back to the waterway.

Since the waterway is located above the waterfall, a vertical path of at least 10 meters must be established.

It's a difficult problem, but if I can make it happen, I'll be able to go to places where I was once confined.

I would be able to secure fish and do some aquaculture.

If I create a route, it will be possible to infiltrate from the back of the village, so I'm a little worried about security, but there's no point worrying too much about it.

Even if I was able to solve the difficult problem and get back to the waterway, the waterway still has branches, and there are places that have collapsed along the way.

As it is now, there is no chance that anything will reach the village from village to village, so it is necessary to modify the waterway and make it a straight road.

Just thinking about it, it looks like it will be a major construction project that will take years.

It seems difficult, and it's unlikely that I'll be able to accomplish it within a year, but it's probably a good idea to treat it as a side task for the purpose of improving your skills and to work on it as much as I can.

First, let's aim to solve the first difficult problem: creating a route back to the waterway above the waterfall.

It will take a considerable amount of time with my current skills, but let's hope that I will become stronger as I use them.

The amount of time I will take to accomplish this will vary greatly depending on how well I strengthen my skills.

In addition to checking the progress of the reconstruction plan every three months, I will also check the status of my skill improvement and revise the plan.

The first challenge may become a touchstone for the future.

In addition to my idea, I need concrete measures to create a route back to the waterway.

In order to return to the waterway, I must at least climb to the top of the waterfall.

The height of the waterfall is probably a little over 10 meters.

It is possible to climb up using a rope ladder, but it is scary considering the strength of the rope and how it will deteriorate if used for a long period of time.

One possibility is to make a ladder out of bamboo, but there is no hope of securing the materials needed to make a ladder over 10 meters long, and the ropes used to secure the ladder are likely to deteriorate.

I would like to make sure that the route I am going to create will be usable for a long time, if possible.

In the first place, it doesn't seem like my skills would come into play very much when making ladders.

Thinking of long-term use, stone stairs should be a good idea.

Stairs will make it easier to go up and down, as well as to carry children, than with a ladder.

For example, the area around a waterfall is made of rocks and bedrock, so if I can make stairs by carving out the bedrock next to the waterfall, it could be an ideal route.

Compared to things like ladders, it seems like the best idea, but needless to say, it's probably quite difficult.

How difficult is it?

If I were to hollow out the bedrock and build stone stairs, I would have to dig up the stone that is in the stairway and the space above it for people to pass through, but I am worried that the amount of stone that will be dug out will be quite large.

Let's imagine that I will need to dig a staircase with an empty space of about 2 meters above it, which is high enough for people to pass through.

If I were to build a 10-meter-high staircase to a waterfall with a 45-degree inclination, the base of the staircase would be 10 meters.

Since the base and the diagonal of a square with a height of 10 m are the stairs, the length will be a little less than 15 m, according to the Pythagorean theorem.

In order to build a staircase that is 15 meters long, 2 meters high, and 1 meter wide enough for people to pass through, it would be necessary to carve out 30 cubic meters of rock based on simple caculation.

(There's no way...)

It's a pretty huge amount, but if I can scrape out 1 cubic meter a day, I think that I can reach it in a month.

The progress will also depend on how much time I spend building the stairs.

At the moment, it's a delusional idea with little chance of being realized, but it's a good way to improve my skills and the impact it will have if it becomes a reality, so I'm going to spend some time working on it.

If my skills can be improved steadily, I will be more likely to realize it, and I can hope to shorten the time it takes to realize it, so I plan to proceed with it unless I come up with a better idea.

I'll try it out, and if it doesn't work, I'll consider other options, such as creating a rope ladder.

1