Chapter 33
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My immediate goals were to secure the food and agricultural methods needed to rebuild the village and to create a transportation system to secure human resources, so everything is starting to come together.

In addition to the knowledge from my previous life, the improvement in my skills played a big role.

Although I have not thought deeply about it until now, I think I need to seriously consider how to manage the village after securing people.

(It would also be difficult for a 3-year-old to be the eldest.)

My immediate goal is to help people who are abandoned due to the village rules.

To achieve this goal, I set the condition of continuously securing food for 30 people a year, and I have met this condition.

After that, I will arrive at the point where I will need to increase the number of people.

For the time being, I will increase the number of residents living in this village little by little, but as a medium-term goal, I will also aim to eliminate the village rules, which I absolutely cannot tolerate.

Even if I make good progress in securing people, if the village grows to 30 people, the gratitude they would feel for saving them will eventually not be enough.

Even if the village is reconstructed with great effort, the organization will likely collapse in the near future.

At first, the people I would rescue will be satisfied with just receiving food, and I'm sure they'll be grateful.

However, once people's food situation stabilizes and they are able to make a living, their ideas will begin to diversify.

In order to continue to operate an organization like a village, we must have a purpose, or, to put it simply, a dream, that allows us to consolidate and diversify ideas in one direction, or dissatisfaction tends to accumulate.

For example, if dissatisfaction is suppressed forcefully and systematically, such as by forcing the ideas of the residents and treating them like slaves or by operating an organization like an army, the organization will be able to maintain itself to some extent.

However, that kind of village management is not what I want to aim for, and if anything, it is something I cannot tolerate.

If I want people to feel motivated and run the village over the long term, there needs to be a common purpose that the people living in the village can empathize with.

(This may be similar to the idea of business management.)

That purpose needs to be something that the people I will gather here can relate to and something that will be as constant as possible.

And it would be better if the goal became a stepping stone to my mission of saving this world.

However, if the purpose is to simply save the world, it would be too unspecific, and it would be difficult to gain sympathy, including from myself.

What should I do to make it a little more specific?

The circumstances of the people I will gather here should be almost the same.

All victims of the village rule, and the direct cause of their victimization is food shortages.

The main cause of food shortages is desertification due to human-induced environmental destruction.

And this human-induced environmental destruction may be happening all over the world, and in the story of the goddess, it is actually happening, making it a problem with no hope of being solved.

The inhabitants of this world seem to be unable to do anything that would benefit the environment, so it is possible that if the population decreases, the greenery will recover, and as a result, the environment will recover and the world will be saved, but that is unlikely. I would like to think that this is not what the goddess is looking for.

The people of this world have been in the current situation ever since they were born, and there is a chronic lack of food, clothing, and shelter, especially food.

The effects may be felt by the poor and perhaps even the middle class.

In villages, people are unable to live to the fullest age, they condone the outrageous act of abandoning the elderly and children, and they are unable to observe even the bare minimum of civility.

The residents here must have deep-seated anger, sadness, or resignation over this, and I think it would be easier to gain sympathy if the goal was to help resolve those issues.

Based on this, the purpose of the operation of this village will be "relief through greening."

By promoting greening, we will also improve the food situation and provide relief to people.

Furthermore, by improving the surrounding environment, greening can save the plants that will grow and increase there, save the animals that eat the greenery, and save the planet itself due to the effect of increased greenery.

In order to promote relief through greening, the short-term goal is to fill the fields of the village with greenery to secure food, rescue people who are thrown away due to village rules, and secure human resources.

I will tell those people about farming methods that do not cause environmental destruction, have them secure food, and make the village self-reliant as an organization made up of only the elderly and children.

At the same time, we will promote greening from time to time while researching better ways to do it.

By realizing and continuing this series of steps in the village, I will aim to make it a model case for promoting greening.

If this model can be spread around the world, it may have the potential to lead to world salvation.

Although it is still beyond the realm of fantasy at this point, let's move forward steadily.

By the way, regardless of whether or not this management objective can be achieved, we will probably reach a crossroads in about 50 years.

I think there is a high possibility that the residents of the villages I will receive will sympathize with the purpose of the operation, but it may be difficult to gain the sympathy of the next generation, depending on the situation at the time.

At least some of them will rebel and become a problem.

Well, no one can predict that much about the future, and I don't even know if I'll be alive.

I will try to make the project in front of me come true first, even if just a little.

2