capter 01
643 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Supports us on Patreon

 

 

I have lived for quite some time.

The anger I used to fell toward the environmental and political issues isn't as strong as they used to be.

As I get older, I could see through the background of the problem and the reason why there were no progression if I desperately investigate.

Eventually, the anger disappears, supported by the excuse of gradually understanding the essence, and in the end, no action was taken.

I still have a faint feeling that I should do something, but the feeling of giving up is getting stronger.

After all, people cannot change unless they themselves are confronted with a compelling situation.

They cling to the most plausible excuses.

I just tried to ignore every777thing, but I often watch the news with a sense of resignation while justifying myself for not taking action.

When it comes to my life, I have lived without big ideals or hopes, so I have no particular complaints.

I was happy in my own way.

I have been working for a company for many years.

Because I had some ability, I was entrusted with new business planning and initiatives, and was satisfied with my own results.

However, looking back, I realized that my achievements were taken by my boss, who was the only one who could get promoted, repeatedly.

Even so, I didn't even want to get ahead in life by actively appealing to him, and I began to give up and spend my days making excuses.

I finished my work today and was watching the news at home.

I remember that I was spending the rest of my day absent-mindedly thinking that the reports about abnormal weather and environmental problems were repeated over and over again.

At that time, the surrounding suddenly got wrapped in a flash, and after a few seconds it blacked out.

Although I was shocked, I thought it was a rare power outage.

Partly because I was tired, I was drowsy with my eyes open in the darkness.

But no matter how long I waited, it won't come back.

Even if I looked around, it was still completely pitch-black darkness.

(Something strange.)

I live in a place that can't be called a city.

Silence is not uncommon.

However, I started to become concerned since it's too quiet.

It was about time for my eyes to get used to it, and I should be able to see my surroundings a little, but it was still dark.

Imagining the structure of the room, I stood up and walked slowly toward the door, while fumbling around.

・・・

No matter how far I go, I couldn't touch the doors and walls that should be there.

I tried searching around with my hand, thinking it might be a gap in my sense of distance, but there was absolutely no sign of touching anything.

 

 

(This is really strange. Isn't this the room I was in just now?)

Suddenly, I heard a faint voice in the still pitch-black darkness.

Though, I would have noticed it a little earlier if I had heard the voice through my ears.

The voice seemed to come from inside my head rather than from my ears.

"Can you hear me... can you hear me... can you hear me..."

I didn't know how to respond to the voice in my head, so I tried to shout out loud, but it didn't look anything came out.

The voice echoed in my head again.

That voice is so comforting.

I felt like I was listening my favorite song, sung by my favorite singer.

"Please help me." The beautiful voice echoed once more.

7