Chapter 22
130 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To break out of my current situation, I researched mana and was able to acquire two skills: mana sensing and mana manipulation.

It is a good thing to have something I can call a skill for the first time after being reincarnated in this world.

 (Although they are simple.)

Although I have not yet reached a resolution to my problem, it is encouraging to have a new perspective.

In particular, by learning how to manipulate mana, I can also examine things other than yourself.

If I assume that the discomfort I've felt up until now, my superhuman strength, my movement, and my prediction of the fish's movements are all influenced by mana, I can expect it to be used in a variety of ways, although the principle behind it is unclear.

Since it seems to have an effect on growth, it may also be possible to promote the growth of plants, for example.

As things are now, none of these abilities can be considered cheats, but I'm a little happy about them.

Today, I'm going to use my newly acquired mana manipulation skills to examine things other than myself.

The aim is to expand the range of uses by verifying whether the mana I  take in can have any effect on bamboo or other things around me that have not been tested before.

First, the bamboo.

Let's see how much the growth rate is affected by pouring mana into the bamboo.

I will observe for at least 10 days until the results are available.

In order to see how much influence mana has, whether there are any changes depending on where the mana is flowed, and what the effects of the flow method are, I will conduct tests by changing the flow methods and locations.

Even if I make it too complicated, there may be individual differences, so there are two ways to flow: imagine growth and pour mana, or simply pouring in mana without imagining anything.

There are two places to apply mana: bamboo and roots.

I will observe a total of 4 combinations (2 x 2) and compare them with bamboo on which I did nothing.

Next, try channeling mana into the things around me: air, water, sand, and rocks.

I visualized creating wind or creating a vacuum, and let the mana flow into the air.

It felt like there was a slight movement in the air, but there was no major change.

If my mana manipulation ability was strengthened, I might be able to make big changes in the air, but for now it is as if nothing had happened.

Next, water.

Just like the air, there was no effect here either.

However, when I put my hand in the water to make the mana flow, the mana I had collected in my hand suddenly disappeared.

It felt like the mana was melting into water, and it felt like it was depleting faster because it was running water.

There is a possibility that the water has changed due to the mana melting into it, but there was no change in appearance.

If mana dissolves in water, there must be some kind of effect, but I can't immediately think of any additional verification methods, so I'll put this phenomenon on hold.

I will Just keep in mind that it is difficult to manipulate mana underwater.

I continued pouring mana, imagining water molecules vibrating to see if I could change the temperature of the water with mana manipulation, but I couldn't feel any change.

The mana poured in without touching the water, so it must have flowed.

 It might be due to the amount of water or low mana manipulation ability, but no changes could be seen at this point.

I tried verifying various other ideas, but with no results.

I also looked into the sand.

 When I poured mana with the image of the sand moving, I was able to move the sand a little within the area where I poured the mana.

I can't think of many ways to use it, but it's interesting.

If I get better at mana manipulation, I might be able to move objects as long as I imagine it.

(Even if it were possible, it would probably only be useful for magic tricks.)

Finally, I examined the rock.

 Here, although the reaction was slight, I obtained results that may be the key to escape.

Since I was able to move sand, I imagined flowing mana into rocks and moving them.

As a result, a crack appeared in the area where the mana was poured.

Although I wasn't able to move it as I had imagined, it was a great achievement to be able to crack the solid rock.

 (This may come in handy.)

I became obsessed with it and tried to devise ways to convey it and create images.

By repeating it a few times, I will get the hang of it.

After repeated trial and error, I found the best method, and after repeating it about 5 times, I was able to carve the rock in the area where I poured in mana.

The range in which mana can flow is limited to about 3cm, so it's not like it's been significantly reduced.

The results are modest, but the ability to carve solid rock without tools is significant.

(...though it's plain.)

With this, it may be possible to remove the fallen rock that caused me to be trapped, or to create a detour.

Of course, with the current efficiency, it would take some time...

I still feel there is potential in utilizing mana.

There are still only modest results, but I will continue to try various things in the future.

From tomorrow, let's use the results obtained today to explore the possibility of escape.

2