Ch 10. Divine Invitation ③
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After answering her, a short silence that would feel like eternity would come. Before it was broken by Shiro-san.
  
  
"Why?"

"... Because, I think that you probably couldn't give me what I really want ..."
  
  
"...."
  
  
Although it's too late now, what I said might have been a rude statement to a God holding untold amounts of power. Even so, I still couldn't believe that this person was the one who could fulfill my wish.

I'm not going to deny my desire for great power. In fact, I might have said that I wanted said power.
  
  
Becoming someone as strong as those protagonists that builds a harem and lives as they please... I will certainly be filled with great satisfaction living a life like that. It's certainly something I want.

However... I will still own up to my decision.
  
  
"I'm just a powerless and weak human... don't you think that I'm unworthy of such a thing? What you're trying to give me is a little too heavy to carry."

"....If you wish for anything that's not physically heavy like money. I don't think it would weigh anything though."
  
  
I couldn't help but chuckle at the words that she said without any change in her expression. Shiro-san is actually a pretty amusing person huh?
  
  
"Well... whether it's Unrivaled Power, Absolute Wisdom, or Unending cheers from others, I don't need any of that. What I really wish for... is 'something that I must obtain myself, by my own hands.' no matter whether I struggle and suffer to acquire it."

"...."
  
  
I think that even with my current predicament, the environment that I was left in, the unknowing avoidance others gave me. Yet despite all that, I'll still hold on to my decision.

This definitely is an answer that I've reached myself, so even though the person in front of me is a God... my answer won't change.
  
  
"Even though you had suggested it to me, I will have to give my apologies. But my answer won't change, I'll have to decline your offer Shiro-san."

"...."
  
  
Shiro-san didn't say anything. She just silently listened to my monologue and looked at me.

Then when my eyes met with Shiro-san's, the atmosphere around her completely changed.

Those golden eyes, which had her focus somewhere else now clearly focused on my existence, and even though it was hard to notice if you're not paying attention, the expression on her face, which never changed... it seems that the corners of her mouth slightly rose.
  
  
"I see... Miyama Kaito."

"Y- Yes?"
  
  
Calling me with her voice that doesn't have any inflection, the corners of her mouth rise to that of a small smile, not that noticeable yet visible.

Then suddenly, the scenery immediately changed.
  
  
"! ?"
  
  
We're not just in the floating garden we were in a moment ago, but literally floating in mid-air. Below me was the green earth and blue seas, the sky that split into two colors in the middle, with a blue sky and a starry sky peeking out respectively.

In the midst of this bizarre scene, my body was floating in the air, as if I could see the entire world, and I could see Shiro-san a little further away.
  
  
"I'm 'Interested' in you- your mind is truly interesting."

" ! ? ! ? "
  
  
With those words she mumbled out, a tremendous sense of intimidation was released from Shiro-san's body to the point that I couldn't find words to describe it. Like the world in front of me was shaking in response.
  
  
"By my name- By the name of Shallow Vernal- I command the world"
   
  
With her words, the air around her trembled and the earth pulsed.
  
  
"That this person- Miyama Kaito- Is one I acknowledge worthy of my blessing."
  
  
Her voice suddenly started to echo, as if it was meant to reach every corner of the earth.
  
  
"Therefore- By my name- By the name of Shallow Vernal- once again I command the world."
  
  
The earth glittered, the sea glowed, and the sky became more radiant.
  
  
"Oh, Earth- Become the cradle that Protects him- Oh, Sea- Become the garment that nurtures him- Oh, Sky- Become his wings, embrace his very being - Oh, Stars- Become his beacon and guide him to the future."
  
  
Thousands and thousands of lights emitted from the earth, sea, sky and the stars, and just like meteors, they began to swirl around me.
  
  
"By my name-- By the name of Shallow Vernal--- That this one's name--- That the name of Miyama Kaito--- As the one I bestowed my blessings--- To be inscribed in the world-- In conjunction with my name."
  
  
And as the tremendous light converged to the point where I couldn't keep my eyes open, I certainly saw it.
  
It was as if all the beauties in the world were condensed-- Into that beautiful goddess's smile......
  
  
"Miyama Kaito-- The child who strayed from another world-- Magnificent-- Just as you declare yourself, you have indeed exerted yourself with your own hands-- and from me-- You have certainly accomplished, acquiring my interest in you-- Therefore, I grant upon you-- The blessing of the world--"
  
  
The surroundings were then engulfed in golden strands of light that gently wrapped around me, that slowly covered my entire body. Before my vision slowly returned to see the somewhat familiar Flower Garden. I feel like something major has happened, but my body feels no different.
  
  
Shiro-san, who had returned to having a blank expression on her face again, had taken a seat across from me.
  
  
"Umm... Shiro-san?"

"What is it?"
  
  
"What exactly happened?"

"I wanted to try giving you my blessing like Fertility God, so I gave you my blessing."

"Is that so?"

"Yes."
  
  
However, even if I were to ask her what kind of blessing she had given me, Shiro-san would probably just say "I dunno?"...
  
  
Fumu, I see... I think I'm starting to understand Shiro-san a little.
  
  
"You're still meekly eating those baby castellas? It doesn't taste good, right?"

"Yes, It tastes so bad that I feel like this should be considered as one of the world's disasters."
  
  
"Then, why don't you take out something else to eat? For instance, something that Shiro-san thinks is delicious..."

"I see."

"Ah, this only applies to the tea cakes served with the black tea, that's not the case for the black tea, okay?"

"....!"
  
  
How should I say this, I've personally felt that humans really are creatures that adapt well to their surroundings.

Rather, the more time I spend with Shiro-san, I feel more comfortable than when I was first brought here.
  
  
Unlike the last time when I just met her, Shiro-san was looking at me properly, and thanks to that, I understood that she had emotions and the heaviness had slowly dissipated.

After that, I have to look really closely at her to understand it but... I can even see slight changes in her facial expressions.

The corners of her mouth are now slightly rising and falling by a few millimeters, and the fact that she blinked twice was probably a sign of surprise because she's caught off guard.
  
  
"That's right."
  
  
There's still a lack of inflection in her voice though, but I've gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me as much as it used to, as I've come to realize that this is also a part of Shiro-san's personality.

While confirming my opinion, Shiro-san made a new set of cookies appeared on the table.
  
  
At first glance, they look like ordinary cookies, but they also taste delicious. There's something about the appearance of this cookie that makes it sublime for some reason.
  
  
"Speaking of, this Kuromueina-san, are Shiro-san and Kuromuenia-san close? It seemed like you two were close, despite the baby castella that she gave earlier."

"Yes, we drink tea together a lot."

"Is that so?"
  
  
"Before I could say a word, Kuro would have finished saying three."

"Ahaha, she sounds like a talkative person."
  
  
I don't really know about Kuromueina-san, but it seems like they have a good relationship despite their different personalities.

At least, it seems like Shiro-san thinks well of her, as I could see the corners of her mouth rising by a few millimeters even now.
  
  
Unn. Somehow, I'm starting to understand the changes in Shiro-san's emotions and getting the hang of our conversation.

Well, Shiro-san accepts my words as I say them and responds in a straightforward and honest way. The combination of her unchanging expression and intonation might give her the impression of someone cold and indifferent, but she's unexpectedly a fun person to hang out with.

Realizing this, the conversations I had with Shiro-san became more enjoyable, and we chatted so naturally, that time had passed before I even knew it.
  
  
***
  
  
After we've conversed for a long time over delicious tea and cookies, Shiro-san suddenly moved her gaze to me before asking.
  
  
"Why don't you stay here, In the God Realm?"

"What?"
  
  
"Why don't you stay here, in the God Realm?"

"Ah, no. I heard you the first time, Shiro-san."
  
  
Did this person seriously just throw an offer like that, like it's something normal? I mean the offer itself doesn't sound so bad but what exactly happens if i choose to stay?
  
  
"If Kaito-san were to choose to stay here, I can give you a floating island to stay on."
  
  
Hehh... a floating island huh, that sounds cool- like hell it does!! Why the heck would you casually give me an island... a simple room would have been fine.
  
  
"Does Kaito-san not want a floating Island?"

"Well if you think about it, how would someone like me be able to manage an entire island? That might be possible for Shiro-san, but for a Human like me managing the whole island would be impossible..."

"I see..."
  
  
"So why don't we scale it down for now, alright?"

"Does that mean Kaito-san will stay?"
  
  
"Yes, I will accept Shiro-san's offer."
  
  
Well the decision wasn't that hard really, I wasn't really accepted at the mansion. Feeling more like a parasite inside of a well growing tree, although they didn't treat me badly it would have been nice to have someone to talk to from time to time.

Despite her usually expressionless face and her unchanging intonation, she's an unexpectedly fun person to hang out with. That's why I wanted to stay, to have someone I could talk to... a friend to talk to.
  
   
"Does Kaito-san mind staying with another person?"

"Like a roommate? I mean, I think it should be fine. Who would I be staying with?"
   
   
It should be fine to stay with someone else, I don't mind having a roommate if it means that I can have someone to talk to on a day to day basis. Though, I wonder who's going to be my roommate...
   
   
"Kaito-san has already met her though."

"Eh?"
  
  
"She's The person that Kaito-san met at her Temple, in the Human Realm."
   
   
Temple? The person that I met at the temple was a kind nobleman. I don't think I met any others aside from him- Wait, Shiro-san said that I've already met her, then... the only person that could be is...
   
   
"The God of Fertility, Elune. She will be your 'roommate' for a while."

"Ehh!!!"
   
   
   

"
 

"
   
   

<Afterwords>
   

A/Noa: "Alright, so after careful consideration. I've decided to have Kaito stay with Elune, and possibly with other Gods."

Serious-senpai: "Oi, isn't this just an obvious way for Kaito to raise new Flags?!"

A/Noa: "I mean, It is a possibility. Though I was considering making him stay with a Supreme God instead, but decided to go with a lower one instead, to make it easier on Kaito's mental health."

? ? ?: "Hehh... Doesn't that mean that Kaito-san will be moving from one room to another?"

A/Noa: "Well... I'm still figuring that one but, the room will stay, the roommate will change. Probably."
   

A/Noa:
"Anyways, as of today's date, Merry Christmas to all that is reading."
✧⁠◝⁠(⁠⁰⁠▿⁠⁰⁠)⁠◜⁠✧

2