Chapter 2: The Summoning
143 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Elements of silver and iron, foundation of stone and the archduke of pacts. The colour bestowed is black. A wall for descending winds, close the gates on the four sides, come forth from the crown. And follow the forked road leading to the kingdom, behold my will creates your body and your sword my destiny. If you heed the grails call and obey my will and reason answer me, I hereby swear that I shall be all the good in the world and that I shall defeat all evil in the world. Thous seventh heaven clad in the great words of power spring forth now guardian of the scales!” A deep rumbling echoed in Edward’s soul.

‘So the day has come’ he thought as he saw golden chains wrap around his arms. They began pulling him upwards towards a portal. Several of his sea monsters tried pulling him back down, several of them tried to break the chains themselves. Three giant octopus tentacles shot past him and into the portal. The tentacles hastily returned with slash marks and one had an arrow sticking out of it. A deep roar came from the depths of the ocean ‘it looks like my babies have noticed my departure. I’m sure they will tell their father’ Edward shook his head ‘I pity the sailors out on the water today’.

“Mother!!!!” Came panicked voices from below Edward winced as he entered the portal. He was now dangling in a cold dark abyss. He wore the outfit he had on when he had left the world above for the world beneath the waves. 

Edward Lockley you have been called upon as the Berserker of Red.

Please choose your Equipment: 10 points left

Ship Anchor and Chain: 2 points

Small Cannon: 4 points

Flintlock Pistol X2: 1 point

Cutlass: 1 point

Hook: 1 point

Pike: 1 point

Flintlock Rifle: 3 points

Swivel Gun: 2 points

You have chosen 

Ship Anchor and Chain = 2 points

4X Flintlock Pistol X2 = 4 points

2X Cutlass = 2 points

Swivel Gun = 2 points


Edward was then greeted by another menu.

Servant Name: Edward Lockley

Title: King of the Seven Seas

Class: Berserker (Red Faction)

Stats:

Strength: C+ (A+)

Endurance: B+ (EX)

Agility: C+ (EX)

Mana: E

Luck A+

NP: EX

Class Skills: Mad Enchantment (EX): Edward is a unique case with this skill. He retains all his sanity as long as he is drunk, the downside of this is that he plays with his opponent to much and doesn’t takes fights seriously. The effect of Mad Enchantment doesn’t take any effect because of Edward’s personal skill Sober Devil.

Personal Skills:

King of the Seven Seas (EX): As king of the Seven Seas, Edward doesn’t need to obey command seals. Sea water obeys Edward to a certain degree and he can conjure storms and control the weather on any body of sea water. 

Davy Jones’s Bride (EX): Edward’s true potential comes out when he is in, on or covered with water it also applies if he is on any of his ships or beasts. Mortal wounds don’t affect Edward with the same conditions. He can breathe underwater and knows all about the water.

Sea Beast Mounts (EX): Edward can ride all beasts he has conquered without falling off no matter where they go.

Sober Devil (EX): When Edward becomes sober he becomes emotionless and even more deadly as he doesn’t play around with his prey. This skill makes him sober when he reaches a certain level of anger.

Noble Phantasms:

Beasts of The Sea: Anti-Country (E~A+) Edward summons forth every sea beast he has killed or subjugated these beasts don’t need air and can swim through the earth or air.

Children of The Depths: Anti-World (E~EX) Edward can summon forth his children from the depths of the oceans they reside in. These children have varying strengths but embody the strongest of their species.

Davy Jones Locker: Anti-Unit (EX) Edward calls upon Davy Jones to send one target to an inescapable realm known as Davy Jones’s Locker where they will certainly be killed. Edward is claimed by Davy Jones at the end of this Noble Phantasm.

Hopes End: Anti-Army (A) Edward summons his flagship the Hopes End and its crew. The ship is enhanced and can sail in the air. Anything that steps on the ship will lose all sense of balance and find fighting or even moving immensely difficult if Edward wills it. Edward can call out the Hopes End name and activates its hidden power.

Kings Fleet: Anti-Country (E~B) Edward can call forth any ship with their crew from his fleet of over three thousand ships. These ships are enhanced and can sail in the air. Anything that steps on these ships will lose all sense of balance and find fighting or even moving immensely difficult if Edward wills it.

Pirates King’s Treasure Trove: Anti-Unit Self (E~A+) Edward can call upon and use every treasure he has stolen or won. He can’t use an item if the original owner is using it. He can gift these items to people to use for any amount of time and can retrieve them with a single thought. 

The World is My Ocean: Anti-World (EX) Upon activation of this Noble Phantasm, Edward can bring forth any amount of sea water and it won’t stop until Edward wants it to. The sea water won’t be absorbed by the earth and fire no mater how hot can’t boil it. Anything that is touched by the water will be weakened astronomically and any protection they have is rendered null and void if Edward wills it.


A small portal opened up underneath Edward and he was lowered into it. Edward took his normal look as he was greeted by a tanned young looking man with hollow golden eyes and silvery white hair. Beside him stood a tall woman with pale skin, long dark hair and yellow eyes. Edward stared at the pair and glanced around for his master.

“Where is my master?” Edward spoke with a cold and melodic tone.

“Your master is in hiding for now, I serve as a medium for the servants of the Red Faction” the tanned man spoke with a friendly and pleasant tone. 

“Well that is a shame I was hoping to kill him” Edward just gazed at the tall woman.

“And why would you ever do something like that?” The man asked whilst taking a few steps back.

“Why, ha you ask the stupidest of questions” Edward leaned in closer. “I want to kill him so I can go home” Edward gazed at the corner of the room that was covered in shadow. “You two also come out” he spoke with hostility as he pulled two of his flintlocks out of the holster on his chest. “I’m guessing you two are the ones responsible for hurting my pet”. A man with spiky green hair and a woman with animal ears and blonde hair with a green fringe greeted him. 

“In their defence those tentacles did try attacking them” the tanned man said trying to diffuse the situation.

“Well of course he did, a dog would attack anyone who would try and kidnap its master from his home.” Edward holstered the pistols and just shot the pair a deadly glare. “Well if you could point me in the way of my master so I can snuff out his life, I would greatly appreciate.” Edward took a step forward and the tanned man just blocked his path with an outstretched arm.

“How about instead of doing that, you fight in this Holy Grail and win the grail to grant your wish”

“Can this grail grant any wish?” The tanned man nodded and Edward smiled slightly. “Alright I won’t kill my master for the time being” Edward took a look at the man’s weapon and the girl with ears weapon. “I’m guessing you’re Achilles” he said pointing to the man “and you must be Atalanta”. The pair looked at Edward with slight surprise “one of my noble phantasm’s allow me to call forth any treasures I won or stole, and I have a very good memory of what I’ve stolen”. Edward spoke with a coy smile as he turned to the woman with long dark hair. “And since you’re wearing that dress you must be Semiramis”

“You stole this dress” Semiramis said with anger.

“Yes I did, if you didn’t want it taken you should’ve taken more precautions with it.

“Since you know I true names why don’t you share yours short-stack” Achilles said with mockery that earned him a glare from Edward.

“Watch who you’re calling short-stack, boy at least I didn’t die from getting shot in the heel!” Edward shook his head slightly “you can call me Edward Lockley, King of the Seven Seas, Conquer of Sea Monsters, Mother to the Terrors that lie beneath the waves and Bride of Davy Jones” Edward shrugged his shoulders as he listed his many titles. “I have been called a Captain, a Scoundrel, a Menace, a Monster, a Mother, a Lover and many more”.

“A mother?” Semiramis said with slight suspicion.

“Yes a mother, it may surprise you but I have collected many a treasure in my life and one such treasure allowed my male body to bear children. Verwesend my darling son make yourself known.” A small portal opened beside Edward and sea water began flowing out of it as a bright orange claw emerged from it. Seaweed dropped off of the claw as it leveraged itself up. Next came a humanoid head with orange shell on the cheeks and chin. A pair of glowing orange eyes and a mouth full of jagged teeth greeted Edward. The creature had a humanoid body with dark skin that had several sections of it covered in an orange shell. Its right hand was the oversized claw and the left was a normal human arm.

The creature had three sharp pincer like legs like a tripod and stood at eight feet tall. The creature used its massive claw arm to hug Edward tightly. “Mama!” The creature’s voice echoed out it sounded like a cat being drowned and beaten. Edward was lifted off his feet as his son embraced him even more tightly. 

“Verwesend could you tell your brothers and sisters to prepare themselves and tell your father that I will be returning in a few days.” The creature looked sad as it put Edward down.

“Of course mama”

8