Negotiations
656 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All I can say is... this trip was not thought through too well. After 2 days of sailing, we ran into a storm. Rosinante tried to give Monet and I orders to help steer the ship but his cover of "Mute" kinda screwed us. He tried to write his orders but the paper got soaked, ripped, or blown from his hands. The board was too wet to write on so it was useless as well. He ended up just grabbing us and tossing us in the cabin so we wouldnt get swept off the boat.
.
Monet and I are drenched from top to bottom. As revenge for her mocking my badass new look, I stripped to my boxers and started ringing my clothes to get as much water out of them as I could. She was yelling at me the entire time calling me a pervert but my Ultimate Skill of No Fucks was in full swing. I hung each piece of my outfit on the wall and sat down in the corner with my pipes resting on my sholder. This is how a badass sits and passes the time...
.
Monet: Do you think you look cool sitting like that with pipes?
.
Why... yes I do. Thanks for noticing.
.
Monet: You dont. I'm going to ring out my clothes and put them back on. Turn around.
.
Straight up not going to happen. Shake my head no jutsu. You call me a pervert then go and do the same thing? Bite me Snow girl.
.
Monet: What do you mean "No"? I wasnt asking!! Turn around you Perv!!
.
I lay down on my side with me right hand holding up my head, 1 leg is bent for comfort, and my left pinky finger is digging up my nose as I watch her. I'm the picture of "No Fucks Here". As I was getting comfortable, 1 of my pipes rolled to her feet. She picked it up and lunged at me. I tried to move back... but my back was at the wall. She hit me right on my head. It wasnt really painful but my Pipesman Pride that I didnt know I had was hurt.
.
She reared back to hit me again but this time I blocked with my other pipe. Before I knew it, we were swinging pipes at eachother. Attacking and defending is MUCH harder then poking trash as you run. I didnt know she could use a sword. In the anime, she used giant ice picks In both claws. Maybe she had her foundation in swords before she became a harpy? Either way, shes better with swords then me who's only training has been poking garbage twice...
.
After the storm subsided, we both collapsed exhausted. Her clothes were still soaked but from sweat this time. Mine were dry from hanging. I handed her my bathrobe of awesomeness and got dressed. I pointed to her clothes and then the wall. I walked out to give her the privacy she earned from out epic duel. I walked outside and caught Rosinante in his undies like I was earlier. He was ringing his clothes out. I motioned for him to use his powers again and he did.
.
Nova: We dont have much time, Shes changing. Ask your questions fast.
.
Rosinante: Then I'll get to the point... who are you and how do you know so much?
.
Nova: I'm your brothers enemy. I will become a pirate later on but first, I want to weaken Doflamingo as much as I can. We arnt going to Punk Hazard right?
.
Rosinante: Hell no, I have contacted my supervisor and he will intercept us. He will sink out boat and hold us captive.
.
Nova: How is Sengoku doing? Still arguing with Garp any chance he gets?
.
Rosinante: You see... that right there, how do you know such classified information?!
.
Nova: That depends. Have you told him about me? Or more importantly... my full name?
.
Rosinante: Yes. I told him that you named yourself Silvers D. Nova. I told him you have 2 Devil Fruits and that you have knowledge you shouldnt know.
.
Nova: Well then, know this. How I have the information isnt relevant. I know that Sengoku found you shortly after your brother killed your father, he raised you as his own son, and that if I dont intervene... you will be dead within 3 years. Your brother has an agent in the Marines. The first person to hold your seat within his crime organization. She should be almost done. Cast Calm on me again. We can talk when shes sleeping.
.
His face is pale and hes shaking. He casts Calm and releases Silent.
.
I jump to the lower deck and start swinging my pipe like I'm practicing.
.
<------>
.
Rosinante POV
.
This kid knows too much. He knows WAY more then I expected. He was swinging his pipe for a minute or two when Monet came outside in Nova's purple bathrobe. She had a pipe in her hand and looked angry at Nova... did he attack her while I was fighting a storm alone!! This brat... Hes 12!! Hes too young for this! Before I could say anything, Monet threw her pipe at Nova. He ducked and the pipe went overboard. Next thing I knew... He jumped in after it. He willingly jumped into the sea even though he has 2 Devil Fruits... I silently screamed while Monet screamed loudly. We both ran to the edge of the boat and looked around but Nova vanished. Monet was losing her cool when an explosion happened in the water. Nova was launched onto the deck of the ship. He shook his body and spoke outload.
.
Nova: Wow, that felt great. Both of my fruits just shut down. I wonder h...ow lon....g. Dam...
.
I recast Calm on him so it looked like his powers came back. Monet was looking confused as she was swapping from the ocean to Nova.
.
Monet: Arnt Devil Fruit eaters hammers in the sea? How did he pop out by himself? Wouldnt he sink really fast?... Or explode at least? Corizon... why are you in your undies too?
.
I grabbed my Dark Feathered Mantle and twisted. A waterfall spilled from it for her to see. She hit her left hand with her right fist in understanding.
.
Monet: So you're a pervert too! I get it.
.
Huh? How did she come up to that answer? Nova makes the same gesture and jumps back into the sea. He springs out again and quickly speaks.
.
Nova: I get it... your an i..diot. No.wo..rrie....s.
.
I recast Calm and punch Nova on his head. I start looking around for something to write on to tell him to stop jumping in the water before he swings the pipe he saved at me.
.
I tripped on the wet deck and dodged the blow. Nova looked at me in amazement. I dont blame him, that was lucky. I pointed to him then to the sea and shook my head. He put his hand under his chin and looked like he was thinking. I turned around to go put my pants on when I heard a splash again.
.
I turned around to see Nova landing back on deck.
.
Nova: You want me to continue swimming... gotcha. It look to be hel...ping...me.
.
I rushed in and beat him up. I then tied him to the mast and pointed to Moner to keep an eye on him.
.
Monet: Understood, hit him with the pipe if he wakes up.
.
.... that's not exactly what I ment but it works for me. A thumbs up and away I go.
.
I got changed and returned to find Monet asleep and Nova with 3 lumps on his head. I picked up Monet and took her to the cabin to let her rest the night. I came back outside to see Nova sitting on the edge of the ship completely untied. How did he get loose?!
.
He made a circle with his finger and moved his lips.
.
Rosinante: Silent.
.
<------>
.
Nova POV
.
Well that was fun. That was my first storm at sea. She hit me three times then passed out. We finally have some time. Please call Sengoku. We need to talk.
.
Rosinante: No. You and I need to talk. Sengoku doesnt have time for idle chitchat.
.
Nova: Take out your snail. He will need to hear this.
.
Rosinante: ... Watch your words.
.
He pulled out a small snail that was dressed like a ninja. My eyes almost exploded from my face. My body didnt move but my eyes were jutting out 2 inches. The snail rang for a few seconds before it stopped. The snail made no noise to let you it connected.
.
Sengoku: ...
.
Nova: Sengoku, please get Garp in the room. I wont say your informants name or where we are. My name is Silvers D. Nova and yes, I'm his son. You have 10 minutes. If hes not on base, hang up and call back when hes with you.
.
The snail stayed connected as the minutes counted by. 8 minutes later... I heard low yelling before a large crash.
.
Garp: Theres no way hes his kid... 12 years ago... it's true we lost track of him until 2 years ago...
.
Nova: Oi old fart with a dog head wrap on, hows it going?
.
Garp: Old fart?! Brat, where are you? I'll give you a piece of my mind!!
.
Nova: I'm good, I dont want a "Fist of Love" from an old fart.
.
Garp: ... Ok so this kid has done some homework, still doesnt mean hes who he said he is...
.
Nova: A man once said to you... "A newborn child bears no sin." My father told me that this was once said to you. Is that enough to prove who I am?
.
Nova: I wont say my aunts name or my cousins. Its threw my mother that I got the D. in my name.
.
Garp: She had a sister and shes your mother!!
.
Nova: She was. My mother was killed shortly after my birth by an unknown pirate. I dont know how I survived. Anyway, I have an offer for you Garp and Sengoku. I will trade information for a ship with Sengoku... and I'll trade Present AND Future information to Garp. The cost to you Garp... will be for you to be my babysitter for 3 years.
.
Garp: Guahahaha!! You want me to be your babysitter?! I'd kill you the second I get the chance!!
.
Nova: On what charges? I'm not a pirate nor am i a bandit... I'm a 100% innocent civilian for now. Who knows, you might even be able to turn me into a Marine like you hope to turn Luffy.
.
Garp: How do you know about Luffy! Who are you!!?
.
Nova: My birth name is SILVERS D. NOVA. Can you understand that I'm not joking?!
.
Garp: HE HAS NEVER HAD CHILDREN!!
.
Nova: As far as you know! Hell, as far as you know... There are only 3 Ancient Weapons!! How do I have such information? Thats my secret to which I'll take to my grave. Do we have a deal or what?
.
Seconds turn into minutes and minutes into tens of minutes...
.
Garp: What information do you think you could trade for a ship?
.
Nova: ... the name of the spy Doflamingo put in the Marines who in about 3 and a half years will kill the agent standing by my side.
.
Well... technically Dingo kills Rosinante but it's mostly because Virgo let him know that Rosinante was a Marine. So... same difference.
.
Garp: And what do you think you could trade to make me willingly be your babysitter?
.
Nova: A way to save the Grandson who's not Luffy before he gets himself killed. In 14 years, he will be killed along with Whitebeard... and over half of your Marines world wide.
.
Nova: Is that enough?
.
A few minutes passed before my reply came in.
.
Sengoku: Yes it is. I'll make the trade. I dont speak for Garp but he will deliver the ship to you. He can tell you in person. How large do you want the ship?
.
Nova: Enough for 6 people to live comfortably. Something that can get us to Water 7 using the Pirate way.
.
Sengoku: Done. Now... the name of the spy.
.
Nova: "Demon Bamboo" Virgo AKA the first Corizon of Doflamingo. He will kill your adoptive son after he intercept a message and relays it to Doflamingo. After killing your son, Doflamingo will March to Dressrosa and take over.
.
Nova: You now have a means to save an entire country by stopping 1 man. I'll leave the Silent dome to you two can speak.
.
I walk away from a pale looking Rosinante.
.
<------>
.
Rosinante POV
.
Rosinante: Hes out of the area. Can what he said be true?
.
Sengoku: From Garp's reactions... it's almost confirmed. I have known that man for many years but I have never seen him react that way. He looked... afraid.
.
Rosinante: He has yet to be wrong with his information. Hes known everything about me from the start.
.
Sengoku: I'm giving him the ship. Let alone saving your life, if his information on Virgo is correct... he has earned himself a ship at the least. The true question is... how do we get him away from you and keep your cover intact?
.
Rosinante: You said Garp is bring him the ship? That's convenient, we are on a ship that should be going to Punk Hazard so Caesar can examine the boy to find out how he has 2 Devil Fruits.
.
Sengoke: The boy has 2 Devil Fruits!! That's impossible!!
.
Rosinante: I honestly have no clue, he most definitely has a power to gain information on touch but he has Sea Prism Stone cuffs on all the time.
.
Sengoku: How long would it take you to get to Punk Hazard?
.
Rosinante: About 4 months I'd assume. Can the ship be made and delivered to us in time?
.
Sengoku: I'll make it be on time. Be safe until then.
.
Rosinante: I have another child on board with us. I want her taken away as well. I couldnt save Baby 5 or Buffalo but I can still get to Monet.
.
Sengoku: Do as you like.
.
We both hung up and I walked over to the cabin. Nova was in bed asleep and Monet was out like a light. As I watch these kids sleep... the only thing i can think of is how I'm supposed to die in 3 years and wont get to have a kid of my own. If working with Nova can save me from leaving Sengoku alone... It will be worth it.

13