Days with Garp part 1
588 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nova POV
.
It's nice and chilly where ever I'm sleeping. I tried to get up but it looks like I've been transformed into a mummy. From badass Bathroom Swordsman... to Bathrobe Pipesman... to Turtle... to Mummy. Oh how the handsome have fallen. I closed my eyes and jumped in fright. The Golden Fireball is still next to me! My pipes were shattered too... I think Garp is the fireball but I dont remember much after I broke my pipes.
.
Nova: Monet, are you here?
.
Monet: Your awake!! The Dog Man almost killed you!! You owe me a new pipe by the way! What was up with that glowing?
.
Nova: Hey! That was MY pipe to start with and what glowing? Who was glowing? Also... WHY AM I A MUMMY?
.
Monet: Dont yell at me!! I have no clue why your a mummy either!! The pipe WAS yours but it became mine when I took it. You were glowing Purple Gold when you were fighting the Dog Man.
.
Nova: Hey Old Fart, I know your there. I can see your golden fire. What happened?
.
Garp: Old Fart? Brat, your looking for a "Fist of Love" arntcha. Snow girl, open up this turtle shell. I don't want to hurt you opening it myself.
.
Monet: WHOS A TURTLE!? NOVA IS A TURTLE NOT ME! DOG MAN... YOU WANT COLD PANTS?
.
Nova: IM NOT A TURTLE!! IM A BATHROOM SWORDSMAN!!
.
Monet: You mean Bathrobe Pipesman.
.
Garp: Kid... you want to use swords?
.
Nova: That's none of your business. What happened to me? Why am I a mummy? How can you be so heavy handed to a kid?
.
Garp: ... I didnt attack you once. Your body is in that shape completely of your own doing. You attacked me and when I blocked, you fractured your limbs. Your a mummy because I'm not a doctor.
.
Nova: Are we on my ship? Is Rosinante gone yet?
.
Garp: Yes, we are on the ship you bargained for and hes about to get in the water.
.
Nova: I need to talk to him before he goes. Then we can set sail.
.
Garp/Monet: Sail?
.
Nova: Yes. We need to get to Cozia within a year.
.
Garp: Cozia? The island kingdom in the East Blue? Why?
.
Nova: To find someone and fulfill a promise.
.
Garp was picking his nose as he got up. He came back with Rosinante right behind him.
.
Rosinante: What's up kid? I'm about to get stranded in the ocean and wait for my crazy brother to pick me up... I'm busy.
.
Nova: Oh can it funny man. Within 1 year, a boy named Trafalgar Law will arrive at your brothers base. He will hate the world and want to kill anyone he can. The boy will have less then 3 years to live. 2 years after he joins Dingo... take him to every hospital you can to try and get his sickness cured. 6 months after you start looking, information on the Ope Ope no Mi will surface. That's when the traitor well show his hand and Sengoku can get his proof. Save the boy Rosinante. He will be to you, what you are to Sengoku. Good luck. Call Garp after Doflamingo leaves Spider Miles.
.
Rosinante: ... This is going to be the first time I fully trust your words kid. If this info is bogus, I will hunt you down myself.
.
Nova: Understood. Good thing Garp will be with me for the next few years. Government oversight at its finest.
.
Rosinante just walked away after giving Garp a salute.
.
<------>
.
We have been sailing for a 2 weeks. My mummy cosplay is finally off and I'm back to normal. On my ship, theres me, Monet, and Garp. The ship is a standard Marine ship without the marine sails or flag. The ship is coated in Sea Prism on the bottom so we dont get attacked as often. When we DO get attacked by sea kings, Garp punches it and then we have food for days. I dont know if it was intended but the ship has no weapons what so ever. No cannons, no swords, hardly spoons to eat from. it has 7 rooms, 2 bathrooms with showers, 1 bath house, a kitchen, and a nice open deck. Once I was out of my bandages, I restarted me Haki training with Monet.
.
Garp: Your wasting your time kid. It's too early for you to train in Haki. Your body cant keep up. What's the point of being able to see attacks and people if you cant counter or even dodge the attacks? You need to build up your body so it can handle your will.
.
Nova: Oh? Then, do you want to teach me? To train my up to be a "Strong Marine"?
.
Garp: Not really, I know you wont be a Marine. But I dont mind trading info for physical training that you could do by yourself.
.
... hmm. I dont mind either but I've got to be careful of what I say.
.
Nova: Ok... ask 1 question. The price is an amount of time of hellish training based on the question. Be careful of what you ask.
.
Garp sat down on the floor and looked me straight in the eyes.
.
Garp: Can Ace's death be prevented and if so... how can I do it without the Marines finding out?
.
I looked at him and within his eyes I say fear. Fear that Ace would die and he cant change the outcome.
.
Nova: ... this will be free. I'm a sucker for good parents. Yes, his death can be prevented but you CANT have anything to do with it. In a little less then 14 years, he will be put to death but I will stop it no matter what. Once I save him, I wont have a way to know what will happen to him though.
.
Garp looked years younger after hearing Ace could be saved.
.
Garp: Who would kill Ace?
.
Nova: That... will cost you. Can you pay?
.
He nodded without hesitation.
.
Nova: Even if my goal is to become a Pirate?
.
He didnt answer that time. He looked at me and asked.
.
Garp: What's your goal as a "Pirate"?
.
Nova: That's easy, to travel every sea and see every island. To rob from villainous ships and get rich.
.
Garp: What about the World Government?
.
Nova: Your son will handle them wont he? I dont need to get involved in that pissing contest.
.
Garp started laughing. Then took a deep breath.
.
Garp: I'll train you so you wont be a weak turtle. You will be a strong turtle. Is that good for you?
.
Nova: I'm kinda pissed you keep calling me a turtle but yeah. That's good for me.
.
Garp: The name of the person who would kill Ace... please.
.
Nova: Admiral Sakazuki the "Akainu" of the Marines. He punches a hole in Ace's torso. You cant touch him because he was, by the World Governments perspective, doing his job. You resigned from the Marines shortly after. Taking a teaching job for new recruits.
.
Nova: I wont answer another question about this topic. Let's begin training. Oh. Would you tell Monet how Aokiji uses his fruit? Their fruits are similar.
.
Garp: Just tell her how he uses it? That costs another question.
.
Nova: ... ok, let's hear it.
.
Garp gets a funny grin and a pervy look on his face.
.
Garp: Does Luffy get married anytime soon?
.
THIS OLD MAN IS A PERV!! I approve. That's how grandpa's should be.
.
Nova: He marries the Pirate Empress who's beauty is widely accepted to be unmatched. As for when he marries her... Live a long life and find out the hard way.
.
Steam shot out from his nose and he started laughing.
.
Garp: As expected of my grandson! He takes after me!! AHAHAHA
.
Monet who was sitting on a snow chair listening to us spat the juice she was drinking at Garp before she started choking.
.
Monet: He takes after you? This luffy kid must be as funny looking as you. Ugh... juice shot out my nose. I'll be back
.
Garp was still laughing when Monet returned. He looked at her and me.
.
Garp: Promise me something you two. Dont hurt my family. Kid, if your really Rayleigh's kid... Ace is like your brother. Girl, you plan to follow him in his journey to every sea?
.
Monet: Yes I do. On that note, I need books to learn how to navigate. When we can, I need to go shopping.
.
Nova: Ah, good idea. I want to get books on swordsmanship and martial arts. I'd like to learn Fishman Karate.
.
Garp: We can stop and go shopping at the next island but... kid, you wont get much out of Fishman Karate if you cant swim. You should forget about it.
.
Nova: No worries, I can swim even though I ate a Devil Fruit.
.
It was now Garps turn to spit juice out of his mouth.
.
Garp: That's impossible. I know you ate a fruit because you glowed when I jumped on the ship before so you cant swim...
.
I jumped into the ocean and swam along the boat before launching myself back up. Garps face was priceless. His jaw looked unhooked and his eyes were sticking about a foot out.
.
Garp: Wha wha wha... WHAT THE HELL!!!! HOW CAN YOU SWIM!?
.
Nova: No clue but I can. The cuffs feel comfortable too. But more importantly... I can learn Fishman Karate without worries.
.
Garps face recovered fast. He started thinking before he got up and grabbed my head.
.
Garp: If you can swim... that makes this easier. Swim to the next island.
.
He picked me up and threw me off the boat. I flipped in the air and smacked the surface of the ocean in a magnificent belly flop. I poked my head up and heard Garp yell at me to keep up. The boat was getting further away before I realized he wasnt kidding.
.
We made it to an island 2 months later. Once I made it back to the ship, I would eat, sleep for a few hours, then get thrown off again. I swam in every weather. I didnt get attacked by sea kings though. I think that was Garps only kindness. I would swin for 3 days then rest for one.
.
We made it to Flat Mountain Island. I've never seen it in Canon so I wasnt sure what to expect. Garp docked the ship and we jumped off. He wasnt dressed like a Marine... he was dressed like a normal grandpa. He had shorts and a dog tee on. My shirt was toast after my fight with Garp so Im going shirtless. My flip flops were lost at sea the first time he threw me off the ship so barefoot i go. I think my shorts are indestructible... I have my Purple Bathrobe of awesomeness on too.
.
Monet is in a tank top and short shorts. she has her spiral glasses on and shoes.
.
On my shopping list, Books on medical knowledge, Swordsmanship, Martial arts, new clothes, 2 swords, 1 pipe, swimming trunks, and MY OWN DEN DEN MUSHI!!!!
.
That's right. I will have my own snail. Garp is walking with us as we enter the port town of "Flat Head". Its my first time in an authentic One Piece town so I'm excited. We walked to a clothing store and picked out some outfits. Monet and I placed our choices on the counter and turned to Garp.
.
I smiled at Garp as he looked confused.
.
Nova: Hey gramps, we will be outside waiting for you.
.
Monet and I rushed outside as fast as we could.
.
Garp: You brats!!
.
After Monet and I ran outside... we started scheming. She would go get the books from the book store and I'll go find the Swords and a Pipe. I ran into the weapon shop. There was a lady with a scar and the top of her head was perfectly flat.
.
Nova: Woh... Aunty... your heads really flat. Did you get dropped on your head as a baby?
.
Flat head lady: Kid... Where are your parents? They need to teach you manners. What are you here for?
.
Nova: I'm here to buy 2 swords and a Hollow staff.
.
Lady: The staff is no problem... but 2 swords? What do you need swords for? Kids your age dont need swords.
.
... this lady is getting on my nerves. What happened to "The customer is always right"? Is she too rich to sell her wares when a willing customer is here?
.
Nova: Less talking and more recommendations of swords for someone of my size. I'm here to buy not chat.
.
The lady's face started turning green in anger. Before she said anything, Garp busted through the door with Monet in his hands. She had 4 bags on her back and a giant smile on her face.
.
Monet: Mission complete. Study materials aquired and Dog Mans wallet is much lighter. I saw about 100 thousand Beli left. Did you get my Pipe?
.
Nova: I'm trying but the service in this shop needs work. I've asked for a professional recommendation but all I've gotten has been lip.
.
Garp: You brats! Who do you think I am? My money isnt for you to spend!!
.
Lady: Are you this rude child father? You need to work on your parenting. He has no manners and doesnt know how to treat his betters.
.
Garp stopped yelling at me and looked at the lady. He stuck his pinky into his nose and spoke to her like she was a fart in the wind.
.
Garp: Wow, your head is flat... dropped on it as a baby? How I raise my kids isnt any of your business. He has asked for a professional recommendation but you have yet to give so you must not be a pro. Nova, let's go find someone who could use money AND has the customers best interest at heart.
.
As we were walking out, Monet blew on the floor right outside the door so when the lady ran outside to curse us... she slipped and gave the world a view of how she can balance on her flat head.
.
We continued walking and found a clothing store that sold swords as well. We walked inside and were greeted by a nice lady with twin babies on her back sleeping. She welcomed us and asked us how she could be of help. Monets AND Garps eyes turned into hearts after seeing the babies. I smiled and motioned for paper. She smiled again and gave me paper and a pen. I wrote down that I'm looking for 2 training katanas and a Hollow staff. She brought me to the right most wall there Katanas were hanging. She showed me that the further right I go on the wall, the better the Sword. I went straight to the left and grabbed 2 common swords then went all the way right and grabbed a Purple sword and a Pale Green sword. The lady looked scared for a second and told me that the Purple and Green swords were 300k Beli a piece and the far right ones were about 25k a piece.
.
I opened my system menu for the first time in a while and drew out 700k Beli from my 300mill savings. I dropped the bills gently on her counter and made an ok sign with my hands. She shook her head and walked to the back room.
.
Garp came to me and whispered in my ear...
.
Garp: Where did you get money? How did you make it appear out of nowhere?
.
Nova: My secret Ninja Magic.
.
Garp: Ninja! (Stars in eyes)
.
Monet: Magic! (Stars in eyes too)
.
The lady returned with a white box. She gave it to me and thanked us for the service. We walked out of the shop and made our way to the boat. On the boat, I opened the box and inside was a new Purple robe. Not a bathrobe but an authentic Samurai robe. There was only 1 problem...
.
Nova: Why is there a golden turtle shell pattern!! It was perfect except that!!
.
Garp and Monet were laughing at me cry on the deck. I reluctantly took off my bathrobe and put the Turtle Samurai Cloak. With tears in my eyes...
.
Nova: It looks great... doesnt it... Its too big though. I'll use it later....
.
They were laughing even harder now. There was a 1 foot long hollow pole and a belly band still in the box. Monet yoinked the pole crazy fast so I just put the band on. I put the cheap swords on too and presto... I leveled up from a Bathrobe Pipesman to a Samurai Turtle Swordsman...
.
We were a few hours out when I remembered something I forgot...
.
Nova: MY DEN DEN MUSHI!! I FORGOT TO BUY A DEN DEN MUSHI!!! TURN US AROUND GARP!!
.
Garp: Not going to happen. Maybe next island... Put your new trunks on... time to swim. Dont even think of swimming to the island... I'll leave you.
.
Nova: Tskkk

14