Devil Ancestor’s Fry
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

`None of the third generation innate gods wanted to approach final battle. Just the aftershocks were terrifying to behold. They all concluded their road of cultivation was far from complete.

 

All around the Great Wilderness, spatial currents leaked through causing another natural disaster. Storms, waves, quakes, even fires. Haotian couldn’t stop himself from screaming at the sight.

 

Xi Wangmu and Dong Wanggong glanced at each other and sighed. Their friend had always cared about the wellbeing’s of lesser lifeforms. For kind Haotian to witness this was a nightmare. Even if they too felt it a tragedy, they’d become too used to it throughout the war to be anything other than stoic.

 

From the epicentre at Mt Sumeru, chunks of earth lifted into the air. Some disintegrated into the void between realms, others crashed back like meteorites. Even the Pangu Genesis Formation and the Solar Star seemed small in the middle of the apocalyptic scene.

 

The the distance, shadow of Luohu’s demonic true form appeared burning. But his presence was so vast that it was like an anvil pressing down on the Great Wilderness’ crumpled paper. Luohu’s Dao fruit was not scene but definitely felt. It’s myriad concepts were such that it seemed to give rise to countless worlds.

 

At such a distance, it felt less like a singular Dao but more akin to numerous smashed together. But unlike Liu Er’s assimilation, it was such masterfully merged that one concept bled into another in a never ending chain. Despite its devilish nature, it was a Dao above all others gazing upon it.

 

All the more juxtaposed, the beauty of the Dao and the decaying earth. Unlike the innate gods or high level experts, the denizens of the Great Wilderness desperately prayed for their survival. Haotian scanned through the scene and made a decision.

 

“Friends, we need to mitigate the damage. Stop things before every living being is crushed under all this destruction,” he said before moving to action.

 

“So this is how a destructive a battle of Limitless Supreme is like. The only reason the Netherworld didn’t disintegrate was because of your Reincarnation Disc’s labour.” Tongtian said after Haotian departed. Her grim tone was much like all other people watching.

 

The dragons and avians made decisive actions to leave for their bases of power. It was pretty clear they wanted at least their territories to survive while Da Hai and his ilk dealt with Luohu. They needed to do something else even if it wasn’t purposeful, there wouldn’t be anything left.

 

“What’s wrong brother?” Tongtian asked after noticing Yuanshu’s expression change.

 

The Jade Pure One’s gaze seem to glaze over. His power of the primordial origin traced a familiar energy from within the void between realms. It was like two revolving colours  He frowned and reached through it using his Chaos Immortal cultivation.

 

In one stroke he pulled an frail old figure out from the chaos while Tongtian gasped. Taishang flopped onto Yuanshi’s arms and breathed a sigh of relief. His body had been bisected even though he was alive.

 

“Phew, you would not believe how dizzy it is in there,” he said. “Glad you finally saw my beacon.”

 

“You…today has just been one surprise after another.” Yuanshi was too tried to feel anything anymore. “I’m glad you’re alright.”

 

“Wait a moment, Taishang?” Jieying teleported into their immediate circle. “You were with my junior brother. Hurry, tell me what happened to Zhunti?”

 

At this, Taishang made a regretful noise. Taishang was carried by Yuanshi as he began speaking. The latter injected his immortal qi into the Grand Pure One to temporarily recreate his legs.

 

“I’ll be honest, I don’t think he’s alive anymore. He was reduced to the state of a damaged Nascent Soul when we fell into the void. But then all the tremors began and I couldn’t hold on. I could barely drag myself back to the Great Wilderness in my condition.”

 

He referred to the aftershocks echoing out from the Netherworld. All that fighting and later on, Da Hai splitting the entire realm did not bode well for the stability of the Primitive World. Jieying could already imagine the chances for Zhunti to be astronomically low.

 

“How? How could such come to be?”

 

“That six eared macaque of course. Looks to have went insane following his Dao path. I’ll have my reckoning on him once I heal.”

 

“He’s dead,” Yuanshi added. “You just missed it.”

 

“Unfortunate. Zhunti withstood too much damage fellow daoist.” Taishang mourned his lost of vengeance but quickly moved on. “You should search the void now before more aftershocks ruins its geography again.”

 

RUMBLE!

 

All felt another ferocious clash split the clouds in the heavens above them. The skybox consisting of the twenty eight mansions suffered a blow this time. The brilliant stars seemed to fizzle beneath the weight of the attacks thrown around.

 

 

The Immortal Extermination Formation was collapsing fully. It’s previous lustre shattered as three of the four swords fell out of Luohu’s grasp. The remaining Immortal Trapping Sword was useless in formations on its own, even its application as a combat tool was not as good as anyone else’s weapons.

 

“Perish Luohu!” Yang Mei, Qi An, and Wangshu emerged near in from streams of light. The light of the Solar Star shot bands of hot sunlight at him while the Pangu Genesis Formation grabbed towards him. He was well and truly alone aside from his own power.

 

Luohu resisted the pain of his self burning in time to pummel the reaching hand of the Pangu Genesis Formation. The shockwave sent ripples throughout the giant’s makeup and his hand to ricochet. He brought his spear down to cleave through its fingers before jumping away.

 

“Damn it!” The Ancestral Divinities roared. When Luohu breathed a massive inferno at them, the giant raised its hands to block. It’s structural integrity groaned from the damage it received. Without Houtu making it perfect, the Pangu Genesis Formation was forced onto a knee.

 

Yang Mei, Wangshu could respect the effort. But the giant took too early of an initiative due to their close distance and sheer size. The moon goddess reached for her crown while Yang Mei weaved spells around a light shadow of a willow tree.

 

Zufeng, Qi An, and Zulong all appeared together and used their greatest attacks against. They knew that of everyone present they were the weakest link. But their offensive output was still more than enough to kill Luohu were he to be hit now that the formation protecting him has been torn down.

 

Da Hai wanted Luohu’s head most of all and he wanted it personally. He traced his ringers across his sword and unleashed a wave of Chaotic Sword Qi at Luohu’s. He also waved the Xuanyuan Water Control Flag to enhance his own hydrokinetic abilities in order to unleash a celestial wave that blocked Luohu’s path.

 

‘I need to flee. I need to flee. I need to flee.’ Luohu roared and stabbed out with his spear. Revenge could wait, healing could wait, mourning could also wait. The determination to maintain his life filled the spear which shattered Da Hai’s wave casing rain to flood the earth.

 

Zulong’s claw could not reach far enough, not could Qi An nor Zufeng. The former quickly threw up Da Hai’s lotus when Luohu roared in his direction. At this point, even Zulong’s scales were on the verge of giving out forcing him to resort to his master’s treasure.

 

“Master, if we just need to outlast him. He’ll kill himself at this rate,” Zulong advised in the middle of the assault. But as he spoke, he noticed the petals of the notice taking on a darkened colour. It was almost as if it were rotting.

 

‘This was a piece of the 36 Petals Chaos Green Lotus.’ Zulong glanced at Luohu and considered burning his own Nascent Soul should it come down to it. Luohu’s breath was an apocalypse all on its own. His gases wrapped around the dragon’s flower shield and forced him away from the thick of fighting.

 

“Zulong,” Da Hai frowned. Wangshu and Yang Mei had engaged Luohu from a distance with starry chains, and reality warping flowers, too afraid to get in close. All of them were keenly aware that any direct hit would spell instant death and Yang Mei would not even consider it anymore.

 

In all this bombardment, Luohu was like a titular hero revolting against heaven. The Four Symbols Divine Beast formed a net under the Heavenly Dao’s command. Four roars threatened to distabalize spacetime of the West Continent even further. Evidently, the Heavenly Dao had also given up maintaining the Great Wilderness’ structural integrity.

 

The fury of heaven channeled through its four sacred beasts was zealous in their offensive. The only difference was they did not coordinate with the other Limitless Supreme Chaos Immortals. As such, the positioning of the White Tiger and Vermillion Bird got in the way of Wangshu and Yang Mei.

 

Luohu continuously waved through these bestial constructs while screaming in pain. Wangshu tried to restrict him but his burning had given him such a boost that he broke away from her starry chains. Their shattered pieces splintered across Yang Mei’s manifestations causing the godfiend to feel backlashes.

 

The Black Tortoise construct suffered an explosive spear through it’s forehead and suffered an explosion that rocked the West Continent again. The continuous blast headed towards the core of the formation, and only the timely intervention of probability manipulation from a distressed Qi An managed to save the Heavenly Dao.

 

Luohu panted at his work, gripping his chest in pain. It hurt so much, but he couldn’t stop. He was so close now too for the collapse of the tortoise had left the Four Symbols disabled.

 

Da Hai felt the glare of heaven scan him and couldn’t help but feel frustrated by the it. Even after all these years it was still a short sighted arrogant child. Closing in, he launched attacks towards Luohu.

 

In the middle of rampant fire, turbulent waves, and an all around hectic sounding. Da Hai traded a Chaotic Sword Qi cloaked sword against Luohu. The destructive gases that tore through the Chaos Sea now settled along the body of the Devil Ancestor’s spear.

 

Da Hai dug in his feat, a manifestation of his true form appeared behind him sitting atop a throne of water. He roared in Luohu’s face and channeled more Chaotic Sword Qi. He wanted that spear to break, to reach Luohu and annihilate him just as Pangu annihilated the Chaos Sea.

 

“DIE!”

 

Wangshu landed not far and manifested a beam of moonlight in her hands. If Da Hai would attack from the front then she’d attack from the back where Luohu was exposed. Luohu roared n frustration, he chanted a spell to respond.

 

Winglike manifestations swirled around him withstanding the brunt of Wangshu’s attack. He could feel his soul stinging, his will weakening, in moments the spells he’d cultivated after countless years were shattered to bits. What’s worse was that Yang Mei was catching up. The phoenix and the qilin were also in the area.

 

CLANG!

 

Another whack by Da Hai’s sword sent another round of backlash throughout the land. The God Killing Spear refused to break, but the Great Wilderness did. Chunks of the West Continent broke off along with seawater into the vast expanse in the void.

 

“No,” Zufeng turned her head and cried. The south, the east, the north, everywhere was suffering damages due to the constant clashes.

 

“Damn this spear.” Da Hai couldn’t care less about the continents. His Heavenly Cloud Gathering Sword just couldn’t break through. Even Chaotic Sword Qi wasn’t affecting it too much.

 

Once Luohu resisted Wangshu’s assault, he stabbed the Immortal Trapping Sword forward. It wasn’t any means of offence, but a pure use of the sword’s name. Wangshu brought the Lunar Star’s power close to defend an expected attack. But instead found her surroundings locked into a sphere. Illusionary spears tunnelled through her body doing no damage. Instead they pinned her position.

 

Guiding Da Hai’s sword to the side, Luohu unleashed a wolf head manifestation from his arm to rip Da Hai apart. Thinking quick, water snakes appeared around Da Hai’s body and clashed against Luohu’s spell. Using the Immortal Trapping Sword again, Luohu seemingly impaled Da Hai with illusionary chains.

 

“Die!” He raised his spear and aimed. Zulong cried out from the distance, he uncoiled his form and breathed lighting against the gas trapping him.

 

But a wave of Nanming Divine flames splashed across the area forcing Luohu to stop his attack. Zufeng knew the greatest powerhouses were the Limitless Supreme Chaos Immortals. Even if she didn’t particularly like Da Hai, she still acted to save him.

 

Da Hai struggled in his bindings, he gripped the against chains holding him and felt their links breaking. He glanced up and saw the sword used against towards Zufeng’s flying form. The Phoenix was huge and resembled a colourful pheasant with tail feathers like a male peacock.

 

The transformation of the five elements around her crashed against the Immortal Trapping Sword’s power. But Luohu also helped his blade, repulsing her light. She gasped as she tangled against the bindings forced upon her. Her feathers raining down as arrows of light as they detached from her body. Luohu used this chance to eradicate her body.

 

But Luohu did not move on immediately, he reached into the aftermath of his spell. In the smouldering ruin, wings flapped again and a new Zufeng drew breath. “You’re trick is too famous to be unknown,” Luohu said as he grabbed hold of her neck.

 

She screeched at Luohu translating her normally beautiful song into an ear busting noise. But with her in his grasp, Luohu felt her defences easily cave away when he eroded her form again. After all, Zufeng’s flesh was comparatively extremely weak.

 

In her second death, Zufeng emerged again as a new being weakened even more. Luohu was determined to end her however and grabbed towards her again. But this time Zufeng split herself willingly.

 

Much to the Devil Ancestor’s shock, when he grabbed hold of a a single bird, a second bird split off. The bird in his hands was male, the one who flew off was female. This was Huang and Feng, the two aspects of the king of all birds. This was also how Zufeng fertilized herself.

 

Their power level however was greatly diminished from before, merely at the early stages of a Chaos Immortal. Luohu immediately crushed the Huang half of the phoenix in his grasp. He targeted the Feng half and shot out a piercing bolt.

 

Zufeng tried to manoeuvre out of the way and it was then that Qi An arrived to lend support. The Qilin did not ask any question and traced the lines of karma to force a desired result from probability. He managed to swerve the attack from Luohu away from its trajectory, but the attack scraped across Zufeng’s belly and right wing.

 

She tumbled out of the sky gravely injured. Qi An immediately breathed streams of karmic fire at Luohu but did not linger longer. He had no confidence in confronting Luohu like this. The Devil Ancestor likewise didn't pursue. He ran further, launching into his true form to flap his wings.

 

0