The Demon Kings’ Ultimatum and The Seven Heroes
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thousands upon thousands of paper flyers fell down from the sky.

The rain of the flyer decorated the Demi-Human Region with horror.

It was common knowledge that mannerism is that of an ultimatum given from none other than the Primordial Kingdom.

"The Demon King of Revival will soon arrive at the premises of Beast-kin Lord. If the pathway is not cleared, erasure would be promised upon those who defy!"

The citizens of The Demi-Human region began to panic as they fled from the pathway of the Beast Kin Lord's castle. One could guess that the arrival of The Demon King would only mean one thing: a declaration of war. The situation became dire for the aristocrats of the demi-human region. They had known that both Elven Kingdoms were completely destroyed as the Demon Kings waged war upon them. Conquering 2 areas in a week was an outstanding feat. Hence, they can't stop guessing why The Demon King would want to visit the palace uninvited.

Lilitha Amorphire, Admiral Addison, Lunalight, and Twilight Astrid walked inside the hall of the palace of the Beastkin Lord. They all were wearing matching outfits. Kimono with their signature color as the tint of the clothes. As they all walked together side-by-side, demi-human servants circled around them, guiding them to the meeting hall.

"Greetings, Miss Amorphire and company! I welcome you to my palace." A male wolf, Demi-Human, greets the Non-Pacifist Contenders (NPCs) with a smile and gives a slight bow.

"Greetings, Beast Kin Lord Brutus. I trust you are in a good mood!"

"I am, thank you."

"Our Lord will be here soon. Until then, please relax." Lilitha spoke as she sat at the conference round table in the room. Astrid joined her, sitting beside Lilitha while Lunalight and Addison stood on the side of Lilitha and Astrid, respectively.

The Beast Kin Lord was shocked that the woman, in front of him, took a seat without even waiting for himself to sit down. Yet he didn't dare to tell them to mind their manners. He took a deep sigh.

"What's wrong, Brutus? You may sit down." Addison said.

"Admiral, mind your tongue. He is to be given respect." Lunalight said to Addison.

With a sweat dripping from his head, Brutus sat down while the rest of his ministers sat beside him.

Then the door opened. A man with white hair, black horns, and a white jacket entered the room with someone else beside him. "Pardon my intrusion!" The Demon King of Revival said. As soon as he entered, the NPCs all kneeled before him and said, "Hail The Great Demon King of Revival!"

"Arise."

The NPCs arose as they turned their gaze back to Brutus, The Beast Kin Lord.

"Shall we get started?" The Demon King of Revival said.

The Demon King of Revival and Brutus, The Beast Kin Lord, are now sitting face to face, separated only by the conference table.

"Firstly, I would like to say my thanks regarding the situation at The Entertainment District Lord Revival."

"I refuse to accept your gratitude. The least we can do is help the victims of that incident."

"No, No, No. Even if it is easy for you, it means a lot to us. Emergency aid provided by The Primordial Kingdom is very helpful at this time. I couldn't thank you enough."

"Then, as payment, would you be so kind as to tell me. Why were you planning on using an artifact?"

Brutus's eyes widened while his ministers started to look panicked.

"We don't know the details, but it appears some defects of the royal household wanted to secure the power of that artifact. Yet it wasn't in any case purposely done by the board of the royal palace."

"I see. Yet isn't it a weird coincidence that the one pursuing this artifact was none other than your own brother Ralof?" The Demon King of Revival smiled.

"That's..." Brutus looked away. He is afraid to make eye contact with the Demon King of Revival.

"In any case, you tried to use the artifact to boost your power and find ways to fight us. Yet that artifact is gone, and we have no intention of doing anything to you. Rather, we gave you emergency aids. Isn't that a fact?"

No one from the other side dares to answer The Demon King of Revival.

"On behalf of the Demi-Human Region, I ask for your forgiveness! Great Demon King of Revival!!" Brutus bowed as he put his head on the table.

"That was unexpected. Yet, I will grant you forgiveness. For a price."

Brutus looks up towards The Demon King of Revival.

"From now on. You belong to me. You will allow me to reincarnate your people into having demonic blood. We will start the conversion next week with 10.000 therianthropes as the starting quotas."

***

"That was what he said, Lady Carmilla." 

Inside the United Front headquarters, home to the 7 heroes of the world, one of the heroes wearing black armor was reporting his tasks to a woman wearing a distinguished dress. She had white hair and glowing red eyes. She wore a black bow tie with red gem and golden accessories around her neck.

"Lady Carmilla, what should we do? We, The Heroes of United Front, await your guidance on this matter." A woman spoke. She was also one of the heroes. That woman wore a blue and white armor outfit, and her rapier was stored in her left waist.

"My dear heroes. The Demi-Human region will soon face destruction brought upon by the Demon Kings. It is because Brutus won't accept the terms given by The Demon King of Revival."

"Is it because they value pride more than anything, Lady Carmilla?" Another hero asked her. That hero wore a red and white shrine maiden outfit with pale blonde hair and green eyes.

"No doubt. It is within their nature to do that."

"I refuse to stay idle, Lady Carmilla." A man clad in black armor spoke.

The other heroes were kneeling to Carmilla, yet this man rose and walked to close his distance with her.

"Do tell your reasoning, Swordsman of Shadow, Ahmes?"

Ahmes looked determined and said, "Lady Carmilla, they already took Junos away. I will rescue him and deliver my vengeance."

"These simple words do not translate to victory," Carmilla said as she gazed upon Ahmes. "Yet we must strike before it is too late."

A humanoid dragon wearing white and red armor with yellow eyes spoke boastfully, "Does that mean we will fight those Demon Kings?"

Lady Carmilla didn't answer his words, and soon, another one of the heroes answered that question for her. "Drac, can't you take a hint? Of course, we will fight those demon kings. Our time has finally come!"

The man who was speaking was a man wielding a spear and wearing a purple mask while his body was wearing a revealing light blue armor that looked a lot like scales. "My Leviathan blood is itching to fight the strongest being in the world!"

"This is not about fighting the strongest; it's about winning the fight itself." A woman wearing a dress that looked made out of plants was talking with a serious tone of concern. "We will strike together at once. That is the only way we may stand a chance."

"Then let me join the fun."

A burst of energy suddenly fills the room. No doubt it was magical energy that was emitted. A figure emerges from the bluish flames. A man wearing a black trench coat and white mask. "How about it, Carmilla?"

"You..." Carmilla saw the man who was standing 10 meters away from her. "Don't make me laugh. If you want to interfere, do what you want, but trusting you will be a death wish for the United Front."

"Hahahahahaha! Then, I will do as I please. Guess I'll see you on the battlefield. But first, here is a gift."

Ruin flicked his finger as a black hole emerged, and someone came out of it.

"JUNOS?!" Ahmes ran as he saw his friend lying on the ground.

"He was a brave lad and a great example of The Demon King's forces' strength. Do be sure to be careful." Ruin spoke as he turned his back on Carmilla.

"Oy Ruin, what the hell are you? What is your goal?" The Hummanoid Dragon shouted towards him.

"I am Ruin. Harbinger of Destruction and Renewal. I bring destruction for the sake of progression. What I do is for the world and to control it from the darkness."

"Arrogant bastard." The Dragon unleashed a fireball from his mouth, attempting to hit Ruin.

As the fireball became close, Ruin pulled out his index finger. As it touched the fireball, the fireball disintegrated in an instant. "What a poor way to control mana. You sure you can last 1-second fighting the Demon King of Death." He said while giving a devilish smile.

Then, in an instant, his figure disappeared.

"That was dangerous, Drac. You stupid bastard. You could've blown us all. Remember that they're civilians near this base." The lady with a plant-like dress spoke.

"Heh. I don't like people like that guy."

"What's important is that Junos is now here; his artifact also seems intact." The lady with gold eyes and blonde hair spoke.

Junos was being healed by the hero wearing a shrine outfit. The light from her hands then soon faded as she softly whispered to Junos's ear. "Junos, do you hear me?" Junos' eyes soon opened as he saw his surroundings.

Ahmes smiled to see his friend had woken up.

After a while, Lady Carmilla spoke the words the heroes were waiting to hear, "As it seems we have finally gathered here together in full. We can start  commencing our operation to eradicate the Demon Kings."

"I call upon thee heroes of the United Front!"

"Drac, The Dragonic Overlord!"

The humanoid Dragon showed his teeth as his fiery mana appeared around him. "Will reduce all to ashes!" Drac replied.

"Storm, The Glory Maker!"

The man wearing the purple mask and light blue armor rose, his hand emitting waterlike mana. "Will bring Judgement of The Sea!" Maelstorm replied.

"Ashley, The Diamond Knight!"

The woman with blonde hair and blue eyes wearing light blue and white armor unsheathes her rapier, raising it to the sky. "Will become the cornerstone of the future!"

"Minerva, The Saint Regalia!"

The woman with long blonde hair and green eyes smiled as she stayed silent while her hands joined together.

"Asya, The Flower Maiden!"

The woman with white hair and a dress made out of plants smiled as she said, "Will lead the future to a bloom!"

"Ahmes, The Swordsman of Shadow! And Junos, The Swordsman of Light!"

Ahmes and Junos both raised their weapons to the sky and said in unison, "Where there is light, there will be shadows. We will protect the world in light and from the shadows!"

With that, the seven heroes are prepared to fight the Primordial Kingdom.

0