The Demon King’s Date
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hurry up, Death-sama! We are gonna be late!" My right-hand woman, Vastium Zeta, spoke to me as I woke up from slumber inside the throne room. Feeling slightly dizzy, I groggily stood up as the weight of the armor I wore felt heavy.

I am not usually like this.

What is it that made me feel like this?

I don't know the answer.

"Today is the grand opening ceremony of our new region, Neoshiro. Death-sama."

I see. She is right. This is the day we agreed upon for the opening ceremony.

"Death-sama, is there something wrong?"

Maybe it's just me tired of reading all of that literature we had accumulated from the white elf region. Or maybe it's because I didn't have enough sleep. Or was it the alcohol?

"Death-sama?"

Zeta... she looks so...

"Beautiful"

***

"What? He fainted?" The Demon King of Revival said on the phone with Zeta. 

"Revival-sama huaa, please, I don't know what to do!!!" Zeta complains to The Demon King of Revival.

"Huft. Did he drink alcohol again, or did he stay up late too long?" The Demon King of Revival asked.

"Well.. umm. He just got back from the operation in the Syrian throne region. I don't suppose he drank too much to be knocked out, though..."

"I see. Well, don't worry about it. I'll handle the grand opening of Neoshiro. For now, please take care of him. Vastium Zeta."

"Aye Aye Sir!" Zeta responded.

Then, the voice originating from the phone changed to the voice of a woman. "Zeta...I have an idea. I think you should take..."

***

I can feel a cool breeze on my skin.

Wait, wasn't I supposed to be at the...

Rays of sunlight stroke my eyes awakened. 

Everything is blurry, but I could very much feel that my head is placed on a soft pillow. Wait...

As my vision got clearer. I see myself facing the chin of my most trusted subordinate, Vastium Zeta. Her smooth porcelain face looks towards the front, to a scenery where many trees are decorated. Silver hair-like threads levitate as the evening breeze flows.

I don't know why, but I can't look away from her. She is just too stunning.

"Zeta... Where are we?"

Zeta seems startled, slowly looking down at me. "Ummm... Death-sama... this is..."

Her face seems embarrassed. However, I don't quite understand what she is referring to.

Oh...

It seems I am now laying my head on Zeta's lap.

***

The Demon King of Death stared blankly as Zeta tried her best to keep a straight face.

Death-sama...

Is he angry because I positioned him to sleep on my lap? Or maybe my lap is not soft enough for him? Huaaa!!

Zeta panicked as her cheeks became slightly red.

"Are we in Neoshiro?" The Demon King of Death asked as he rose from Zeta's lap. He now sits beside Zeta, maintaining a bit of distance from her.

"Yes. Death-sama... Um... We are on... a mission given by Revival-sama."

"That guy gave you orders?" The Demon King of Death flattened his eye, showing dissatisfaction.

"Lord Revival argued that since you were unconscious, all the commando is transferred to him as the one who can still give out orders. That's why I, um... proceed to listen..."

"Well, if that's the case, I suppose you had no choice but to comply..."

"My apologies... Death-sama..." Zeta bowed in a regretful tone towards The Demon King of Death.

"No need to raise your head. Since we are in public doing your mission, let's use our codenames."

"Understood, Lord Umbra"

"So... What is the mission given to you by Revival?"

"Um.. ehh...about that...." Zeta stutters as she fiddles with her silver hair. "Lord Revival said that... I...have... to..."

"PLEASE WILL YOU GO WITH ME!" Suddenly, Zeta shouted as if trying to make a public confession. As the park wasn't exactly lifeless, some people began to stare at both Umbra and Zeta. 

"Is that girl confessing?"

"She is so cute!"

"The man she confessed to is also very handsome."

Umbra widened his eyes.

He opened his mouth and spoke something to Zeta. She went silent and proceeded to take Zeta Umbra by hand as they ran off from the crowd of people. They ran as if they were running into the sunset. If perhaps they were on the beach, it would make more of a good scene. But sadly, it was not.

"Here we are!" Zeta said towards Umbra.

"Ah, this the spaghetti place?" Umbra replied.

"EH? Have you been here before?" Zeta asked.

"Nope. I have passed it before. I think..." Umbra said as he put a finger on his chin.

"I have booked us a reservation! Let's enjoy our time today, Lord Umbra."

"Thanks. That's very thoughtful of you to plan this for me." Umbra gives Zeta a warm smile.

"Eh! Um... YES my lord! ThAnKs Foorrr the PRaISes!" Trying to cover up her feelings, Zeta walked and proceeded to talk to a waiter at the restaurant. 

As Zeta finishes confirming her reservation, she lingers on Umbra's right arm as they both enter the restaurant together, hand in hand. Umbra didn't reject her advances, but his face was quite blank, making Zeta a bit anxious whether her advances were permitted or not.

I know I am the one who took him by the arm. But, this distance... My heart is gonna explode. I don't think I am ready to linger at him like this.

Zeta thought to herself, sensing herself becoming heated up because of embarrassment.

As they entered together to the restaurant together, they saw an odd-looking couple. It was a plain-looking human with a lamia girl walking hand in hand. Zeta immediately turns her attention to the face of her master. 

The Demon King of Death was making a very serious expression.

She wasn't sure what made him like this. But, maybe it had something to do with the casualties that occurred in the Therianthrope region by the organization known as The Ebon Heralds. The name of the organization was the only lead for The Demon King of Death to know about this faction. It was also preserved in one of the possessions of the deceased member of the Umbral Fighters Unit B.

The Demon King of Death gritted his teeth.

Then, the two finally took a seat right next to the window and a fountain. The window overlooks the Neoshiro region, while the fountain creates a relaxing atmosphere around the restaurant. It was quite romantic.

Death-sama seems to be a bit calmer now... should I proceed with giving him that... umm....

Zeta then hesitates as she remembers what Lilitha said to her.

Don't forget to bring chocolates. If he is in a bad mood, chocolate would solve it! Lilitha's voice rings in her head.

Zeta is unsure about what she said, but she did buy special assorted chocolates just for The Demon King of Death.

"Death-sam.. ehem! Lord Umbra...."

Umbra turned to her and said, "Yes. Zeta?"

"I would like you to have this. I prepared it for the occasion." Zeta showed him a box with elegant pattern wrappings. Umbra takes it and opens it to reveal that it is a box of assorted chocolates.

"I hope you like the chocolates, Lord Umbra..." Zeta smiled.

Then, The Demon King of Death makes an unexplainable expression as he puts one of the chocolates inside his mouth. The bitter taste of chocolate filled his mouth as his eyes suddenly widened.

"I taste alcohol. Is there some inside?"

"Ah, yes! I figured since you like..."

"Zeta. This is so thoughtful of you... I am really happy," Umbra said.

His smile... I... I am in heaven... Zeta thought.

"I am quite surprised you allow me to consume alcohol, haha."

"EH? No, don't take this the wrong way. It's only for tonight!!" Zeta spoke, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Haha. Shall we order a glass of champagne to accompany the spaghetti?"

Zeta pouted and said, "Okay! But only for tonight!!"

"Promise!" Umbra gave a smile, revealing his teeth.

As their pasta arrived, Umbra, they both began to eat and enjoy their champagne. Finishing the meal quite early, Umbra began to ask about the aftermath of his supposed 'speech' for today. "Did Revival get angry when you called him?"

"Umm... no. Well, his excellency did seem to be annoyed, but I think it was more of like. He is very worried about your condition."

"Gross.. but that's him alright. I will apologize to him later."

"That's..."

"If I ever feel like it."

Zeta then giggled, hearing her master's words.

Later, they exited the restaurant and took a walk down the busy places in the region until finally deciding to come home. On the way before going back, Zeta stopped her movement and let go of her hold on Umbra's right arm. Looking down at her feet.

"What's wrong, Zeta?"

"I..um..." Zeta stuttered. "How do you feel, Lord Umbra...?"

Umbra looked away and grinned. "I feel better."

Hearing that, Zeta looked towards him and saw his expression. "There is, however, one more thing. To complete the mission!"

"Eh? There's a clear condition to the date?"

"Y-Yes! Revival-sama ordered it!"

Zeta nudged towards the Demon King of Death. "I would need to be kissed on the cheek!"

Umbra's jaw slowly dropped until suddenly, it turned to an unimpressed expression.

"D-D-do you not- w-w-w-w," Zeta stuttered.

"Zeta. Please be quiet for a second."

.

A soft and warm feeling touched Zeta's lips.

.

.

.

.

It was her lord's left palm...

As she looked up, her lord was giving her a soft kiss on her forehead.

No words were exchanged.

When he breaks the kiss, Umbra looks away from her. "My breath is bad from the alcohol. Next time, we shouldn't drink."

Breath stink? What is he? Did he....? I am So... So... So... AAAAA!!!!

Zeta's thoughts were running wild.

Overwhelming mana suddenly appeared as her highness began to levitate.

Eh? A flying spell?

Zeta thought.

"I have to go..." The Demon King of Death said as he spoke to Zeta as if preparing to leave her behind.

"EH! DEATH-SAMA WAIT A-"

FWOOSH!!!

The Demon King of Death escaped the scene, leaving Vastium Zeta alone.

"Ah.. he went already."

Zeta said.

She was not exactly angry at her master's behavior of leaving her. Rather, she was surprised that when she muttered the embarrassing words of even wanting to be kissed by him, The Demon King of Death would comply.

Death-sama... kissed me...

Zeta was lost in thought.

As if knowing what had just happened, Lilitha rang Zeta's phone and asked her to spill the tea. "How is your situation, Zeta?"

"I.. Uh..."

"Ah.. it didn't go well, huh? That's sad..."

"I.. uh... Lord Umb- I mean Death-sama...left me.... after he kissed me."

"I see... I see... that's sad that he. Wait, WHAT????" Lilitha screamed on the telephone.

It was such a romantic night for the two.

These kinds of days only come once in a while in the day of a being that aims to eliminate all of the races in the world.

0