The same origin?
98 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Monica furrowed her brow as she felt the discomfort of her beast. Discreetly, she stared warily at the pink-haired woman with slightly squinted eyes as though to see all her secrets.

However, Monica frowned as she couldn't find anything about her. She couldn't feel any trace of magical energy within her. Even her presence felt faint, as though the woman before her was only an illusion, it was as if there was a white mist covering her body, obscuring her presence.

"Fufufu... There is no need to look at me like that, you know. I mean no harm."

The woman also glanced at Monica, she chuckled pleasantly with her slender hand placed against her luscious red lips. However, her carefree attitude only made Monica more doubtful and wary.

She was standing before three demons; shouldn't she be more cautious? Instead, she was acting like their existence wasn't a trouble to her at all.

Adelio furrowed his brow slightly when he heard her sweet laughter. And after a moment of consideration, Adelio finally opened his mouth. While he felt wary and confused about this unknown woman, he decided to take control of the discussion.

"How is the situation outside? Explain."

"Ah, right! What happened to the sky just now? For a moment I thought someone had used a massive spell to surround the city, were you the one responsible?"

Alister's attention was focused on the unfamiliar woman as she gave him an uncomfortable feeling, however, he snapped back to his senses when he heard Adelio and questioned him, suspiciously.

"... That's not all, I feel the faint traces of miasma in the atmosphere, there is no way I would ever mistake this feeling, it's definitely lord Lucifer."

Monica also approached Adelio and spoke somewhat excitedly.

Hearing their explanations, Adelio concluded the seal really did weaken. Otherwise, it should've been impossible for miasma to contaminate the sky. Subtly, he shifted his gaze, observing the pink-haired woman curiously and cautiously.

(That seal was made by the heroes, users of the divine weapons that were created by the god of creation. But this woman she... She actually weakened the barrier. Does this mean she's an existence above even the god of creation himself?)

A chill went down his spine when that thought came to his head, if he refused to believe it, he would truly be a fool.

After all, the reality was right in front of him! He couldn't see through her existence no matter how much he tried.

Just who was she?

What was her purpose for wanting the book of origin?

The book of origin was speculated to originate from the chaotic sea which was located at the end of the universe. It was unknown how it had ended up in this universe, but many believe at the end of the chaotic sea, there exists many other galaxies.

Many gods had tried to get there but, without exception, all died without even making it halfway.

It was impossible for someone's body to endure the chaotic energy of the chaotic sea.

The book of origin was a treasure many gods had wanted in the past, its contents were unknown as no one could read it. At some point it had ended up in the demon lord, Lucifer's hands. But the book was nothing more than a mere decoration.

As no one could read it, it had no purpose at all.

But what about the woman before him? She was a complete mystery, what if she could somehow understand the content of the book?

Those thoughts clouded his thoughts, making him feel wary of her.

(But how come I have never heard of her before? In the past I was fortunate to be in the presence of several gods thanks to my status as one of lord Lucifer's generals, but I have never come into contact with this woman before.)

Adelio furrowed his brow in deep contemplation. This woman was definitely a superior existence and yet, he couldn't sense anything from her at all, as though she was no different from any other mortal.

Whenever he was in the presence of any other deity, he could feel their overwhelming power. Their divinity would instinctively make others lower themselves whenever they were in their presence.

But he didn't feel that way when standing before her, as though she had no trace of divinity within her at all...

Adelio frowned slightly, before heaving a sigh. Deciding not to think too much about it anymore.

"... Believe it or not, but the seal placed on the demon lord has been weakened, it should take less time for the remaining energy to deplete from the barrier."

After a moment of consideration, Adelio explained.

"What?! Didn't you say it would take us several months until the seal weakened enough for us to destroy it?"

Alister exclaimed, his crimson eyes widening in astonishment. Meanwhile, on the contrary, Monica's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Really?! The time duration has been reduced, then I can finally see his majesty again!"

She walked up to Adelio as she exclaimed, the mystery surrounding the unknown woman had completely evaporated from her thoughts.

"...."

Watching this from the side, the pink-haired woman kept an unreadable expression on her face, who knows what she was thinking.

Suddenly, she narrowed her eyes and shifted her gaze towards the ceiling. As though the concept of distance meant nothing to her, her eyes pierced through the dimensions and went in outer space.

...

In a far distant corner of the galaxy, there were several meteorites moving south at an impossible speed.

Sitting on one of the many meteorites was a young youth with black hair. The youth donned a black robe as he sat on the meteorite in meditation. Strapped around his back was a greatsword, it wasn't just any greatsword, it was the sword said to be capable of bringing complete annihilation!

As he traverses through outer space, an unknown energy began to emanate from his body.

Soon, the young youth opened his eyes, gazing at the myriad of stars gleaming in the far distance.

".... The energy is still insufficient. At this point, I won't be able to activate that thing until at least the next five hundred years."

The young youth mumbled as he heaved a sigh. He truly felt helpless as he gazed at a ring with a red gemstone on his finger.

The gem was dull and empty, it was an artifact that originated from the chaotic sea, while he was exploring the edge of the cosmos it had ended up in his possession.

The ring contains incredible powers, giving the users the ability to control fate, and the energy of heaven and earth. However, the consumption was ridiculous, so much so that the user had to spent half or even their entire reserve of energy for another use.

It would've been different if he was a God but, unfortunately, he was a mortal... He didn't have unlimited energy and had to absorb the energy within the meteorites to replenished.

"Perhaps I'll have to absorb the energy of the stars to recover my energy quickly... Or maybe, the energy from the sun and moon."

He mumbled to himself, glancing at the sun and moon in the far distance. The ring was a very special artifact capable of handling almost every type of energy.

"Perhaps the energy that lies beyond the chaotic sea is the energy needed for this artifact, it also seems to be greatly tied to primordial energy."

He muttered, as his gaze wondered around the space.

Suddenly, the young youth's expression became tense as he grasps the hilt of his sword. Like a phantom, a beautiful woman with an otherworldly aura about her appeared before him.

The woman had long pink colored hair that cascaded down to her slender waist.

When the youth saw her, his expression became grim.

"... It's you! Witch of calamity, or should I say, Celestia."

"He hehe... Long time no see, forgotten hero. You seem to be doing well."

Contrary, to the youth's grim expression, Celestia greeted him with a humble smile adorning her face. The youth was the hero of a distant past, during the era where the gods ruled Supreme.

He had fought against her when she was still a weak mortal. And he had destroyed her body, forcing her to fuse with the stone of origin.

"I never thought you would still be alive, even after all that. You somehow survived."

The young hero said, unsheathing his greatsword. Celestia gazed at his greatsword with deep interest, she remembered the ability of that sword all too well, after all, her human body was killed by that sword.

"I'm curious, do you think you'll be able to kill me twice with the same sword?"

She asked, amused. However, the hero didn't reply. In and instant. His figure vanished from her vision. With incomparable speed, too fast to follow with the eyes, he had circled around to her rear, thrusting the blade of his sword.

The blade easily pierced through her chest, in what seems to be a deciding blow.

"You overestimate yourself too much, it was the same back then... It seems you'll never learn."

He said, coldly.

"Are you sure about that?"

Celestia tilted her head cutely, her lips spread into a smile. The hero's eyes widened as he instinctively leapt backwards as chaotic energy appeared from her wounds.

"Ara, not bad... Even after all these years, that insane battle sense of yours is still as sharp as ever. As expected of the great hero, Zane."

Celestia chuckled to herself. Standing on top a meteorite, the hero who goes by the name Zane furrowed his brow at the chaotic energy surrounding her body.

".... I see. You have become an even bigger abomination than before, not only can you manipulate chaotic energy, but your entire body seems to be created from it."

"Ahahaha... You finally notice, indeed, and it's all thanks to you and that bastard. My eyes have finally opened. I learnt just how cruel and unfair this world, no! This universe truly is! Even though it was a universe he had created with his own hand."

Celestia exclaimed, her expression twisted into a cold emotionless look for the first time.

Primordial energy erupted from her slender figure, permeating the atmosphere, Zane quickly leapt back, gathering distance from Celestia.

At this moment, she truly seems like a being born from chaos!

Everything within the area influence by her primordial energy was disintegrated and turned to dusts without exception.

Zane took a stance with his sword, cladding his blade in divine energy as he closed the distance swinging his sword vertically.

"It's useless... Young hero."

Celestia's emotionless voice resounded. With a smooth motion, her hand grabbed the blade of his sword, holding him in place. Zane gritted his teeth as he exerted more strength into his sword, but with primordial energy nourishing her body, her physical strength had already exceeded even the hero.

Zane released the energy from his body, clashing against Celestia's primordial energy!

The space around them shook and trembled as a tremendous shockwave erupted from a single point!

However, the energy from Zane's body was gradually dispersing as it was overwhelmed by the primordial energy.

"... At first, I had wanted to kill you for what you did to me when I was still human but, honestly, you're not worth it anymore... Currently, there are very few existences in this universe with the potential to become a threat and unfortunately, your one of them. At least the artifact you have in your possession is."

She explained, a mysterious force surrounded her, pulling the ring on his finger towards her.

"Thank you for bringing this artifact to me. Without you I would've spent a long time searching for it. To show my appreciation, I will let you die without feeling any pain, but unfortunately, I will have to erase your soul... It would be bothersome if your soul goes through reincarnation, and you try to get revenge for this incident."

Celestia said, in a casual tone. Soon, the primordial energy began to converge onto the blade, moving to surround his body. His body was gradually being reduced to dust. However, like she had said, despite his current situation, he couldn't feel any pain from his body being disintegrated.

"... Tell me. Witch, what exactly are you trying to achieve, is it really vengeance?"

"I don't really care about your existence enough to only be interested in vengeance, if you had not had that ring in your possession, I would've leave you alone. Killing you is a secondary goal on my agenda here."

"Is that so, then... If you were to meet the god of creation, would you kill him as well, the man you once loved?"

"...."

Hearing the title 'god of creation' Celestia's expression became complicated. While it was true she hated the god of creation for not keeping his promise, a part of her still loved him. She was overflowing with bottomless love.

Her hand trembled as she bit her lips. The primordial energy circulated, disintegrating Zane's body faster. Before he knew it only his head was left, before his vision turned black as he disappeared.

Meanwhile, Celestia's figure vanished, she moved at an impossible speed. Crossing hundreds, thousands of kilometers in less than a second. Once she saw a meteorite, she sat down and heaved a quiet sigh. Her emotions were completely unstable, the primordial energy was no longer in her control.

"Why does my emotions always get like this when it comes to that man?"

She asked no one in particular, however, a voice familiar to herself answered her question.

"Because we love him, even now... A part of us still do."

The voice said.

"Oh, you can respond to me now, has your body stabilize enough?"

Celestia inquired.

"Unfortunately, it will take much longer than that. Roughly, one hundred years, you'll just have to keep being my double until my body is complete. Once you obtain the book of origin, go to the chaotic sea and hand it to me."

"Sigh, I am nothing more than a double, you know? Unlike you, I don't have complete immunity to chaotic energy. Therefore, it's impossible for me to endure the pressure of the chaotic sea."

Celestia complained to her other self. She was able to use chaotic energy due to her connection to her real body, but surviving in the chaotic sea was impossible, more so for a mere double like her, who had already separated from her true self. The primordial energy from the chaotic sea was far more potent and destructive compared to her own primordial energy.

"You should be fine, I'll meet you halfway."

"Are you sure you should be pushing yourself already?"

"... Just traversing through the chaotic sea shouldn't be a problem."

The true Celestia answered, indifferently.

"Beyond the chaotic sea there are many galaxies, within one of those galaxies, I should be able to find it... Hopefully, my body won't take too long before I can leave the chaotic sea."

"Until then, I'll have to do all the work."

Celestia complained, pouting her lips unhappily.

"I don't see why your complaining, at least you weren't trapped in one place for several hundreds of years."

"Th-That's not the point."

Celestia harrumphed.

"It should be easy now that you have finally found that right, I never would've thought the hero would have it in his possession. There is no question that ring and the book of origin both shared the same origin."

Celestia shifted her gazed down at the ring on her fingers. Its red gemstone shone faintly as it absorbed her primordial energy.

The ring seems to resonate with her entire being, giving her more power, and control over primordial energy. Celestia didn't know the true origin of the ring aside from the fact that it had came from the same place as the book of origin, but her lips spread into a smile as she felt its power.

"Just follow the plan and avoid the incarnation of that person."

The real Celestia warned. Hinting at a certain someone.

"Oh. So, your already aware of his presence, then."

"Of course, I had sensed him as soon as he appeared in that world.... In his current state he shouldn't be able to recognize you, but be careful, seeing him could disturb your emotions once again. Now that the hero has been killed you will definitely incur that man's wrath."

"That man? Ah, right he should still be alive, right?"

Celestia's brow furrowed in confusion for a moment. However, after contemplating about it she finally notices who her other self was referring to. She couldn't allow herself to face that person yet. As a copy of the real Celestia, she wasn't strong enough to face him yet. Not until the recovery of her body has been completed.

"Anyway, I'll end our communication from here and focus on my recovery."

The real Celestia ended the conversation after saying that much.

".... No matter what happens from here, the book of origin must be acquired, if the demon lord hands it to me cordially, then everything would be fine but..."

For a moment, her eyes shone with a dangerous light.

"If he refused, then I'll show him no mercy!"

0