A worthy pawn!
147 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After her conversation with her true self, Celestia tried to regain control of her primordial energy which had gone out of control due to her unstable emotions.

Her long pink hair released chaotic energy which destroyed everything around her. The chaotic energy is usually uncontrollable.

However, after training for several hundred years she had learnt a method of controlling the chaotic energy, and that was to keep a calm mind free of both thoughts and emotion.

Because of this, she always suppressed her emotions to the point that she became like a doll, however, whenever it came to the god of creation she always ended up losing her grasps of that state of mind..

(That man really is going to be my bane.)

She thought with a slight frown.

After a few minutes of focusing on her inhalation and exhalation in a meditative state, the chaotic energy gradually receded.

Celestia heaved a sigh as she got to her feet. She had expanded a lot of primordial energy to heal the wound she had received from the hero, Zane. A sheen of sweat trickled down her brow as she gazed off into the distance.

Her neon pink-colored eyes shone with a faint light as she stared into space. Her eyes seem to pierce the dimensions as she observed the other realms. In this universe there were many realms that the god of creation had created before his death.

Earth, also known as human realm, which was the lowest realm as magic has yet to develop into that world.

The world of fairies, also known as the fairy realm, and the next realm after that was the spirit realm. Her gaze shifted to three other realms, but she couldn't see through the barriers that protected those realms. Of course, there were many others, but those realms were only available to the god of creation.

Even Celestia couldn't easily break into those worlds which was highly protected.

She shifted her gazed back to the world of Odessa, her lips curved as she made her way back.

....

Meanwhile, back inside the royal castle of Alberta.

Adelio had just explained the event that led up to the seals weakening. Mainly, the promise he had made with Celestia.

He still did not know or understand her motive for wanting the book of origin, but he knew she wouldn't answer that question no matter how many times he asked.

"I see... Now that I think of it, what is that woman? I tried seeing through her strength, but I couldn't detect anything. It's like she doesn't have a single speck of mana within her."

Once Adelio had ended his explanation, Alister spoke up with furrowed brow. He couldn't understand why he couldn't sense anything from her.

Even ordinary humans, while it varies from individual to individual all of them without exception, had mana within their body. Some are born with an abundance of magical energy, while others have limited mana. In the end all living being have at least a small speck of magical energy within them.

Even the largest of beast, to the smallest of animals all have their own magical energy flowing through them. It was indeed the first time he had encountered someone who has no magical energy at all.

Mana was the essence of life.

"Kukukuku! Interesting! I don't know where that little lass came from, but she has peaked my interests!"

Alister cackled in gleeful laughter. Meanwhile, Monica who stood a meter or so beside him only sighed as she strokes the head of her snake.

"Honestly, I don't care about that woman as long as she doesn't get in the way. I just want to see lord Lucifer again."

Monica expressed her feeling honestly, in a nonchalant tone. Adelio seems to also share the same sentiment as he nodded his head.

(Although, I had made that promise, in the end lord Lucifer is the one who owns the book of origin, whether or not she does get her hands on that book will entirely be up to him.)

Adelio thought, as he heaved a sigh. Knowing how prideful his lord was he could see a lot of trouble ensuing in the near future.

"Hopefully, the situation doesn't get out of hand."

Adelio mumbled to himself.

"Hm, did you say something?"

Monica asked.

"... Forget it."

He responded, shaking his head. Whatever happens he will just let his future self-handle that.

(We only have to wait until the remaining energy empowering the seal drains away. Until then, I'm interested in what that old king of Zestril next move will be.)

Adelio thought, now that the war between Zestril and Alberta had ended in the defeat of the once feared Alberta Kingdom, he was curious how the kingdom of Watanabe and Albanian will react to this news.

There were also many other small kingdoms in the wastelands, the defeat of the Alberta Kingdom won't be good news to them as it also effects their kingdom as well.

"Heh-heh-heh... It will be fun, watching the chaos ensue."

Adelio chuckled pleasantly to himself. However, a little behind him, a crack appeared in space as a woman dressed in a long pink colored gown emerged from the crevice. It was the witch of calamity, Celestia.

"I don't think you should be laughing at a time like this."

She said, sitting down on the throne. Adelio's brow twitches as he saw her crossing her legs in a relaxed manner, but he kept his mouth shut. She looked down on them from where she sat as though she was a true queen, though considering her strength, from her current position she truly seems like a dignified royal who has the right to look down on others.

"Now that the seal is weakening, don't you think those little girls will eventually find out? Or rather, I wouldn't be surprised if they already notice."

With a faint smile spread across her lips, Celestia spoke.

As for those little girls, she was most likely referring to the four elemental goddesses.

It was only natural for them to notice any changes happening with the seal. Adelio frowned slightly when he heard that. Indeed, he had overlooked the matter of the goddesses.

"We shouldn't worry too much, those bitches can't appear in the world right now, otherwise no one would be able to keep the world's core in check."

Monica said, clenching her fist. Recalling the goddesses seem to have triggered her mood, they were also the ones responsible for her separation from the demon lord.

"... Mm, the world's core? What is that?"

Celestia asked, curiously. This was the first time she had heard of such a thing. In the past the god of creation is the one who produced the energy needed for the world's continuous existence.

However, after his death, he had feared his creations would be erased from existence without his energy acting as fuel needed and had created the world core.

One of which was in the hands of the four elemental goddesses, and the second one was in the possession of the white empress until the demon lord, Lucifer had stolen it from her empire.

Celestia and the god of creation had separated long before his death, so she wasn't aware of the world's cores existence.

"Forget it... Do you think those goddesses will appear in the world?"

Monica asked, she observed Celestia warily as her snake hissed in fear.

"Who knows... Is there something preventing them from appearing? I know those goddesses are the one preventing this world from falling apart with that man's disappearance. But I don't see why they couldn't appear here, unless you know something I don't, right?"

Celestia removed some strands of her long pinked-colored hair from her face as she asked. The energy of the four elemental goddesses were extremely immense.

They could in theory, empower and stabilize an entire planet with their combined strengths but, their energy wasn't unlimited. It would drain away eventually.

Considering they have been keeping this world stabilize for so long, Celestia was rather curious how their energy hadn't depleted yet.

Her bright pink colored eyes shone with a resplendent glow as she stared off into the azure skies. However, after searching for a while, her brow furrowed in confusion.

(Strange, I can't find their traces... Are they suppressing their divinity? Or perhaps the dimensions they are hiding in isn't perceptible to my eyes?)

Celestia heaved a disappointed sigh as she couldn't find their traces no matter where she searched. In the past she recalled how prideful and arrogant the four elemental goddesses were, it was doubtful whether they would suppress their divinity and concluded the space they were currently hiding in must have a special effect to block all perception.

Meanwhile, Adelio's brow was slightly furrowed in deep contemplation.

(If those girls decided to get involved now the situation might be complicated. It would be different if lord Lucifer was here, but with the three of us, we don't stand a chance against those goddesses.)

Adelio thought to himself. His expression was increasingly stern at this moment. While he knew the chances of the goddesses' taking action was low, the heroes who wield the divine weapons could potentially cause a problem.

(Among the neighboring kingdoms, only the hero of water and fire remains. When going by element, the Watanabe Kingdom should have the hero of fire, while kingdom of Albanian should have the hero of water. The hero of wind had already fled with the princess, most likely heading towards the kingdom of Watanabe, and we are already in possession of the hero of earth.)

Adelio thought of many ways the goddesses could act, but he couldn't quite foresee when or where they will act first.

Considering he has taken the hero of earth under his control the goddess of earth won't stay silent. In other words, he should be prepared for their retaliation which could come at any moment.

It wasn't just Adelio, Monica was also thinking the same.

However, Alister ignored everything around him, his crimson eyes were only locked onto Celestia who was currently seated on the kings' throne as though she was its owner.

Suddenly, his lips spread into a fearless smile as he lunged towards her at a tremendous speed.

"... Ah, wh-What is that moron thinking?!"

"Tsk, that fool!"

Both Monica and Adelio were taken aback. Ignoring their reactions, Alister swung his claws towards Celestia's neck, with the intention of removing her head from her shoulder. However, Celestia was already prepared for his preemptive strike.

Swoosh!

The backrest of the throne was instantly sliced to pieces as a claw imprint remained on the white walls.

(Hmph, she disappeared! How boring, and to think I would suddenly get chills from someone who would run away.)

He thought, with a disdainful expression. However—

"Little demon, I suggest you be more careful who you choose as your enemies. Who knows, you might just end up angering a witch."

Celestia leaned her face close to his neck and whispered into his ears. Alister's crimson eyes widened, he instinctively swung his tail with the intentions of piercing her body.

However, Celestia easily caught his tail with her right hand and spun him around before sending him flying in a corner of the hall.

BOOOOOM!

With a deafening sound, his body crashes heavily against the castle walls which caused it to rumble for a few seconds before subsequently coming to a stop.

"Is that all?"

Celestia muttered under her breath. However—

BOOOOM!

A burst of dark energy suddenly surged intensely, surrounding Alister's figure. His demonic wings spread outwards as his tail flickered. His crimson eyes shone with an ominous light.

"Hahahaha! Perhaps this fight won't be as boring as I thought."

He exclaimed, conjuring dark energy onto his claws as he closed the distance. Celestia gazed at the dark energy engulfing his claws with indifference.

(I see... He enhances the piercing strength of his claws.)

She quickly deduces as she shrouded her figure in primordial energy.

Swoosh!

As he came within reach of her body, he swung his claws towards her torso. However, a powerful barrier of chaotic energy shielded her from his claws.

Whoosh!

They both moved at an impossible speed while exchanging blows. A fierce shockwave erupted each time his dark energy collided against her chaotic energy. With each collision of attacks, the hall rumble fiercely as cracks appeared on the white walls and floors. Both Alister and Celestia moved too fast to follow with the eyes.

Monica used magic to enhance her vision as she narrowed her eyes.

(This woman, she can actually keep up with the physical strength and speed of a demon so easily.)

Monica doubted her eyes. She knew the woman hadn't used magic to enhance her physical body, and yet—

"... Alister's energy is weakening, each time they exchange blows, is it a magic artifact? I still can't sense any magical energy being emanating from her."

Adelio was similarly confused as he observed the ongoing battle between Alister and Celestia.

It was definitely the first time they had witnessed a human taking on a demon in a head on confrontation. However calling her a human seemed a bit off no matter how they looked at it.

"As amusing as this is, you're not a suitable opponent for me."

Celestia said coldly. And at the same time, her figure suddenly vanished from Alister's field of vision. He glanced around the surroundings in confusion when a heavy impact suddenly landed against his abdomen, at the same time the sound of bones breaking echoed as his body was sent flying.

BANG!

The walls of the castle rumble fiercely as Alister lost consciousness.

"Under normal circumstances I would have killed you for showing me such flippancy. However, in consideration of our relationship I have decided to spare your life, be grateful."

She commented with a faint smile. Monica furrowed her brow as her snake's body trembled in fright. At the moment when Celestia had thrown Alister's body, she had used a tremendous amount of primordial energy, something that went unnoticed by those present with the exception of the snake. Its instincts were telling it to flee from this place. And as though she could sense its fear, Celestia glanced at the beast with a curious light dwelling in her neon pink eyes.

(Interesting, for it to be able to sense my primordial energy, it must be a beast with exceptional sensory abilities.)

She deduces. Meanwhile, Adelio was glaring at the unconscious Alister with clenched teeth. He had already explained to him how dangerous the woman is but still ended up provoking her.

At this moment, he was filled with the urge to tear and grind his body to smithereens himself. As though Celestia could understand his feelings she kept a gentle smile on her face as she spoke.

"There is no need to punish him, you know. I heard you demons are very hyperactive, right? It's only natural he would be blinded by his instincts when seeing someone strong."

Celestia shrug her slender shoulder as she spoke. Adelio was about to respond to her when he heard a knock from the castle door.

Turning his head, he spotted one of the knights of the Zestril kingdom.

"Pardon the intrusion, his majesty the king, has finally arrived alongside the hero of earth."

The knight informed solemnly.

"... I see. That old king arrived much sooner than I thought."

He mumbled quietly to himself. And as though to adjust his thoughts, he turned his head, directly addressing Monica.

"Monica placed that fool into one of the castles vacant rooms, I'll have a word with the king."

"Understood."

Monica nodded and while sending one last curious gaze towards Celestia, she picked up the unconscious Alister and left the throne room. At the same time, sensing the arrival of the visitor, Celestia made her presence undetectable to the eyes.

A short while later the king of the Zestril kingdom and its princess, Frostine along with the hero of earth all arrived within the spacious hall.

"Welcome, your majesty! As you can see, we have completely taken control of the Alberta kingdom."

Adelio bowed his head, as he explained with a wide eerie smile on his face.

"Bwahahaha! Excellent. Our next step will be to spread the news of the Alberta kingdom defeat as well as the fall of the former king."

A news that will shock the land!

It's time for the rise of a new nation!

The hero of earth kept an indifferent expression on his face. Meanwhile, on the contrary, Princess Frostine had a bitter grimace on her face.

"I read from the reports that the princess and the queen had escape, do you already know where they went?"

The king inquired.

"I do... It's well known that the former king of Alberta and the current king of the Watanabe kingdom have a very close relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if he had in trusted the rest of the bloodline to that king."

"I see... Military prowess wise the Watanabe kingdom isn't a threat. However, it would certainly be bothersome if they chose to join hands with the kingdom of Albanian. Not to mention, they also have a hero of their own."

"Kukukuku. Regarding the summoned heroes, at this moment they shouldn't give us too much trouble considering they can't bring out the full power of their divine weapon without the necessary training."

Adelio explained.

(It was the same three hundred years ago; this time I won't give any of them the time to prepare. This king should be a worthy pawn, let's see what move you'll make next, elemental goddesses.)

He thought as his lips curved upwards into a smirk.

0