Into a new world
902 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a Monday Afternoon I was on my way home from school I was an average high schooler my parents were always busy with their work, so I'm alone at home most of the time. I had no special talent or skill, I always work hard at school to impress both my parents, but since I'm always alone so many people think of me as 'boring' many people have a tendency to look down on loner for having no friends but, honestly, I never thought 'friends' were necessary to begin with, to be honest I much rather spend my time alone then being with others though….

It's not like I hate spending time with friends it's just that I don't have any I never tried to make friends since I'm always trying to improve in my studies.

I could hear the sounds of many vehicles as I made my way towards my stop. I entered a local supermarket a few blocks from the bus stop. Since my parents won't be back home early today, I figured I'd get dinner started early. I opened the larger two-sided door.

Ting~

The door opened with a small ring, when I looked inside, I saw quite a few people all over the store. I quickly went towards the meat section and gazed at all the meat which were placed inside the fridge. Hmm…. Maybe I should make chicken soup. With that I opened the fridge and cool breeze cress my face as I took a bag of fresh chicken foot. I gazed at the price tag which has the number '5,00$' written there.

It's a good thing I haven't spent much of my savings, I thought with a small sigh. I then went towards the cashier and joined the line, after waiting 20 minutes I was finally able to leave that place. I then made my way towards the bus stop.

by the time I got to the bus stop there were already a large amount of people waiting by the bus stop. there were also a few people who I recognize within the crowd.

But I pretend not to notice them since I'm bad at making small talk however that plan was immediately interrupted when a girl came up to me wearing a blue and white school uniform.

"Haruto you're heading home early today I'm surprise".

The girl said as she wore a bright smile.

She had short black hair that reaches her shoulder she also had light brown eyes we went to the same school for over three years and had been in the same class. whenever we see each other, she would always try to start a conversation with me for some reason I don't know.

She is known in our school as one of the top three most beautiful girl. her grades were all above average. every day she would always go to school early and help with cleaning, not only that but she would also help the younger ones with studying. she is the kind of girl who is extremely polite and like socializing with her friends. not only is she good at school academics but also sports, as one of the most popular girls in school she has her own fan club. she was an unreachable star I would never be able to touch no matter how much I tried. and yet I always wonder why she was so determined to be friends with me.

Which I always find strange, just a single smile is enough to steel the hearts of anyone who is lucky to have witness it. even I have to admit that she is beautiful. however, I have no romantic interest in her.

Someone like me who spend most of my time alone was incompatible with her. the two of us live in two different worlds, I was a loner who would much rather spend my time alone while she is always with her friends. besides every guy in school seems to really like her spending time with her would draw unwanted attention to me so it's best to just ignore troublesome things like this.

"H-Hey Mona, I have to go home early today to prepare dinner since my parents won't be back for a while."

I said as I did a force smile.

"I see, well anyway the two of us don't really get to talk much do we whenever I would try to talk to you, you would always be too busy."

She said while pouting her cheeks cutely. "Hahaha... well I've been really busy you know."

I could only give a strained smile at the awkward mood; I spend most of my time alone because of that I hardly ever have any social interaction with anyone besides my parents. even at school I don't interact with anyone unless I have to. about that time my bus finally came I then heaved a sigh of relief now that i have a way to escape the current atmosphere.

"Haruto, I'll see you tomorrow let's have lunch together okay."

she said as she gave a bashful smile her cheeks were slightly red.

"Y-yeah sounds good to me."

I said as I smiled nervously, I pretended not to notice her red cheeks.

***

The bus has been moving for about ten minutes since I said my goodbye to Mona, I was now leaning against the bus window while silently staring at the scenery. as the wind gently brushes against my face, I could hear the voices of many people along with various vehicles and birds there were small numbers of people inside the bus, of course there was also school student two girl who were wearing school uniform were currently talking with each other in the back seat they were both really loud so I could hear them both perfectly.

"I can't believe you broke up with your friend, I thought you look great together."

She said with a bit of disappointment in her voice.

"Y-yeah... but that's the past I'm into someone else now."

She said with a slight conflicted expression.

"Really tell me everything?"

The girl said with as her face lit up her eyes sparkled with interest.

"Come on what we should be talking about is the school trip that's coming up in a few weeks."

The girl a little exasperated trying to change the topic of the conversation.

"About that.... I'm not sure I'm going to go on that trip to be honest camping isn't really my thing."

She said with an awkward smile on her face.

"I would much rather talk about your new crush".

She said with a bit of curiosity in her voice.

They both continued their conversation without minding their surroundings, I really didn't care about stuff like that at all I do wonder if that's weird for my age, I'm not good at anything that requires a lot of energy, before long I completely ignore the two girls while keeping my gaze at the window.

Soon after i finally reach my stop, when I finally got off the bus, I realize that it was now night fall, I then turn my gaze to the vast starry sky then breathe in a little fresh air. I wanted to come home much sooner, but the amount of traffic surpasses my expectation and because of that I got home extremely late. I sighed once before started walking for about seven minutes around a block close to my neighborhood, I could hear the sound of barking as I pass through the neighboring houses.

When suddenly I felt the sensation of moving it felt like space itself was changing. my surrounding was getting blurry as the area started to become white. everything then became a blur, as I started to hear many different voices of many people. I slowly began to wipe my eyes to steady my blurry vision.

****

When I open my eyes, I realized that I wasn't in my original area, but in the middle of a big city when I slowly observe my surrounding, I could see that there was a lot of people some people had animal ears and tail.

"What...?"

Though I'm not knowledgeable about video game it looks like an RPG I once played as a kid.

I thought that maybe I was dreaming that would be the best way to explain this situation.

(I'm sure the sun just set a few minutes ago, how it could be morning) I thought to myself.

could I be dreaming. but I don't remember fallen asleep on the bus either. but there has to be a way to confirm that.

I remember reading an article that pain inside a dream can be enough to wake someone from the inside.

I had to confirmed whether I am dreaming or not. I slap both my arms against my cheek.

"Eek!"

Bathing in pain a small shriek escapes my mouth.

"I'm awake.... does this mean this is real?"

I really was sent into another world wasn't I; I could clearly feel the gentle breeze on my skin, the sky was clear, and the sun was very hot, a dream wouldn't feel this life like that could Only mean that I'm not dreaming, and this was real, well panicking won't do anything now if anything it will only make things worse.

I'm more concern of what I'm going to do now I have to worry about food and water, I also don't have anywhere to stay once it got late. I need to worry about money and then there's also the fact that I have nowhere to go or a way back home.

(If that's the case I might as well have a look around and find some clues)

I thought to myself as I wore a confused expression.

Now confirmed that I was wide awake I started walking around town to view the city, when I noticed the type of clothing the people are wearing, they had clothes that look like they were from the Middle Ages and the buildings were incredibly old and rough.

"The architecture here doesn't look good compared to what we have back home, I guess their technology are not good either."

I carefully observed the inner parts of the kingdom wall, the entire nation was surrounded by huge thick walls.

There was no vehicle or streetlights it's almost like those things weren't invented yet there were people riding in carriage, I wondered if maybe I was sent back in time but if so, I wondered why, and it didn't make sense that some people had animal ears maybe this really is a fantasy world.

The roads were filled with horse drawn carriage with people who look like formers, there were also knights standing on the sidewalks with swords sheathed at their waist.

(What era is this?)

I wondered.

The town was divided into two sections the right sections had bright and gorgeous buildings the street corner was extremely clean, and the ground was smooth it was made with a diamond like tile it was like a place for the wealthy and others who look to be living happily with their families, the people were all lively.

While the left sections had old and rundown buildings that didn't look stable. It had people who seem to be wearing old and torn up clothing many of them didn't have any home and they didn't seem to be working either many of them just sat down on the corners of the uneven road there was a gloomy atmosphere.

I was walking amongst a small group of people while silently observing my surrounding, there were stores that looked like they were built with the most expensive glass everywhere you look there was at least three street corners. To be honest it was quite difficult to navigate through.

I wondered around town for about 2 hours, but I didn't know why I was sent into this world, there was nothing particular special about me I was a normal average high schooler so why was I sent here of all people.

The town was bustling with life as the shout of different people could be heard. the conversations of the shopkeeper and customers gradually grew louder. the stores were lined up with many different workers advertising their respective store. I walked pass many different store and stall with the expression of that of a lost child.

"I guess I should ask for help."

I quietly muttered.

Since I didn't know where I was, I'll just end up wondering around with no direction or destination, if this keeps going, I won't get anywhere.

I thought with a serious look on my face.

I went inside a big white building to get as much information as possible the building design had a gorgeous man-made door with a silver handle there was a big glass window with a flowerpot at each side when I entered, I realize I was in some kind of restaurant there I could see many people laughing and chatting along, people along with others who had animal like features all gathered together. Some were in the middle of eating the scent of meat entered my nose making me a bit hungry, but now isn't the time for that. I went to a young lady who was standing before the counter with a small dish in her hand, she had snow white skin and she had long blond hair her eyes were a beautiful deep blue color she looked like she was in her twenties.

"Excuse me can you tell me where I am? I'm a bit lost."

I said in a nervous tone.

I was worried the people of this world may speak another language of some sort it would be a huge pain to be summoned here and can't communicate with anyone.

"Good day young man, your currently located in the capital of the kingdom of Watanabe."

She bowed elegantly and spoke in a very polite manner her voice was soft and beautiful.

her movement were refining and elegant, she was like a first-class maid.

she had small smile on her face just seeing it would trance anyone.

seeing that we could understand each other I felt relief.

However, I was a little bit nervous I am not particularly good at dealing with new people even back in my old world I would always stiffen when talking to someone unfamiliar.

(The kingdom of Watanabe huh I'm not familiar with that name)

I thought as I wore a serious expression.

To be honest I only assumed I was in another world, because that would be the only way to explained what had happened to me but finding out the reality makes it harder for me to except this was way out of common sense.

"I see... thank you for helping me I really appreciate it."

I said as I awkwardly did a light bow.

Seeing the distress look on my face the lady tilts her head in return.

"No worries, I'm glad to be of help, but are you really lost. I could help you find your way back home if it is okay with you?"

The lady smiles as she asks me this question her blond hair shines like the morning sun, her beauty really was a work of art.

I put my right hand on my right cheek as I gave her my response.

"No, it's okay you really helped me out a lot, I don't want to be a bother to you I'm sure I can find my way home so don't worry about it."

I smile while waving my hand nervously trying not to let my nervousness show on my face.

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do I don't think I can tell people that I'm from another world they might think I'm crazy.

I bow to the lady once more as I was giving her my thanks.

"My name is Haruto Sato, it's nice to meet you. I'll repay you for helping me someday I promise."

"My name is slype Amana it's nice to meet you too Sir Haruto."

While smiling slype waves her hand to say goodbye

***

It's been 1 hour since I said goodbye to slype, I've been walking around town to find a hotel or inn as it referred in this world, I'm not sure how the currency works here, but I hope it's the same as my original world. however, the problem now is that I can't read the writings on the signs. while I am able to converse with everyone the writing style here is different from what I'm used to.

I couldn't help but sigh in frustration.

I didn't notice how late it was the sun was now starting to set turning noon the town was less crowded when I observed my surrounding, I could see only a few numbers of people, then I happened to hear a voice of a girl screaming, I rush over to where the voice was coming from.

I went over to a small back alley slowly making my way through a narrowed space. the scent of garbage then enters my nose making me frown my brow slightly as I endure the unpleasant smell, I put my hand over my nose to block the smell.

I then hid behind a trash can to conceal my presence. I then slowly observe the situation.

There I saw a girl who was crying on the ground. she was being robbed by two elderly men they were very tall and muscular.

The two thugs stand before the crying girl with a sinister smile on their face.

"Heh, she has a pretty face don't you think?"

"You've got a point; it would be a huge shame to bring her to the boss before we have at least sometimes with her."

the thug said with a small smirk on his face.

Hearing the thugs, the girl then started trembling, it was clear her eyes were filled with anxiety and fear, tears started to run down her white cheek.

the situation doesn't look good at all what should I do? I wondered. If I decide to help her would I be able to come out alive, I can't face two opponents at the time, I also can't find anyone to help her as it's really late there's hardly anyone around. does this mean I'm the only one that can save her?

(There's no way I can stand up to those two it's impossible not to mention those two seem to be extremely fit I haven't even been in a fight before. why should I even risk my life for a complete stranger, but still, what can I do)

I thought.

Should I even get involved this has nothing to do with me, so why can't my heart simply let this go. Before I didn't care about what happened to those around me so why do I feel this way now? I didn't understand any of this emotion I was having.

While my mind wanted nothing to do with this, my body wanted to move. No, I can't get scared now I have to at least buy her some time to get away.

I gritted my teeth and clench my fist as I slowly approach the two thugs from behind.

"Stop this you two!"

I shouted.

The two men quickly turn around to look at me while the girl slowly regains a little of her composure after the two men saw me, they both slowly move toward me.

"Who the hell are you kid?"

"Get involved and your dead!"

The two men look at each other then they both glared at me with angry eyes.

While I was trying my best to look Intimidating, I couldn't stop my trembling legs from shaking.

"That girl does not want anything to do with you two…. Isn't it the Strong's job to protect the weak?"

I said in a slight tremble tone.

I was a bit nervous cold sweat was dripping off my face, they did not seem to be the type that would just let things go I knew things would be bad if they wanted to fight, I was not physically strong or anything, I've never even work out a day in my life.

So, it's not like I would be able to take the both of them in a head on fight, forget both of them I doubt I could take one, running away would be the safest choice to make but that girl was obviously terrified, how could I do something like to abandoned her like that. No, my heart won't allow it.

While my mind was a complete mess.

The thugs glared at me with clear hostility.

(Now that it's come to this, there's no turning back anymore)

I thought as I resolves myself even if I can't win, I have to at least buy some time for that girl to escape.

I tighten my fist as I prepare to face the two thugs.

"What is the point in robbing a helpless girl? or perhaps you guys are too scared to pick on someone tougher."

"Kid you should have just stayed away, like I told you too!"

The thug said as he rushes Straight at me while he pulled out a knife in his right pocket and thrust at me, he moved so fast to the point that I couldn't keep up with his movement it's obvious he was used to close combat however I've never had to fight anyone since I always try my best to avoid any conflict. the knife he had thrust in his right hand then managed to pierce my chest. Suddenly I felt a burning sensation, my face grimaced in pain. the pain was too much for me to handle. A large amount of blood then gushed out of my wound, while trying my best to resist the pain from my chest I drop to my knees. knowing I cannot win this fight; I wonder what I should do.

"See kid this is what happened when you play the hero."

"If you stayed in a corner and hid like a roach, we wouldn't have had to kill yah."

The thugs grin as they both laugh.

The thug then pulled out his knife from my chest which was covered with blood.

My face then grimaces even further as I endured the burning pain from my stab wound, I used my right hand to cover my wound hoping to suppress the large blood flowing from my chest. as I was desperately trying to stop the bleeding, I worried about the large quantity of blood coming from my wound, my head started to feel light, and my vision was getting hazy.

The thug with the knife then held his knife upward to land the finishing blow, now that I was too busy focusing on suppressing the blood from my wound. I didn't notice that the thug was about to land the finishing blow.

"N-no..... please stop don't hurt him!"

The girl desperately begs with a fearful expression. The thugs however did not pay her any heed.

While I was trying to get up off the ground, I could hear the girls voice she was screaming worrying about me, I wonder how she could worry about me, while she was in this kind of situation normally anyone would worry more about themselves. Am I going to die for nothing? I didn't even manage to rescue that girl.

"I-it really....h-hurts."

I muttered as I spit out a mouth full of blood, I desperately tried to suppress the large quantity of blood flowing from my wound.

(The old me wouldn't have gotten involved, so why did I decide to.... maybe I should have just called someone to help that girl instead of trying to save her myself)

Does this mean I'm going to die without ever accomplishing anything in my life? Suddenly a deep sense a regret filled my, heart.

The Sato family was a family who were constantly working. My Mother was a beautiful kind-hearted woman who does her best in providing for her family working as a nurse she was someone who enjoy taking care of others, my father was a man who was filled with passion he was hard working and could do anything he puts his mind to, even though they were always away I never felt lonely in fact I was happy to have such wonderful parents. seeing the two always inspired me to work hard for the sake of others however unlike my parents I was never good at anything.

I lack the necessary talent of course it was impossible to do everything with determination alone. My start in high School only made me more aware of how flawed I was, whether it was sports or academic no matter how much effort I put in I will always only be average. over time I gave up on doing my best to help others it was impossible I told myself there was no point in having such dream. Though I continued to put the effort into School and played the part of a diligent student that was all I could do. There was nothing I could do but try to live a peaceful life even if I'm alone It's fine. I told myself. But deep down I wanted to impress my parents I don't want to let either of them down but now I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

My chances of surviving this seems extremely low.

I thought with a dark expression on my face my body felt heavy it was hard to move. my arm was stained with my own blood; I've already lost a large quantity of blood my face has lost most of its color and has turned pale. I lost the strength from my body; and fell to the cold ground laying in a pool of blood.

"I d-don't want to...d-die."

I quietly muttered with my last bit of strength. as I felt the fear of death for the first time.

Noticing that I was at death's door the thug decided to stop his finishing attack and lower his knife, while looking at me with a sinister grin on his face.

"Hahaha.... Serves you right kid, if you didn't get yourself involved you wouldn't have had to die."

"Hahaha... heroes get no rewards I hope you learn that in the afterlife."

My vision was starting to slowly fade away as the light in my eyes started to flicker, I could hear the laughter of the thugs, with my fading consciousness. Everything was turning black.

15