A long heated battle!
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Swoosh!

The blade of wind spun in the air at a frightening speed, the rotation force kicked up a cloud of dust as it traveled in a straight line towards the hero of earth.

Levi tried to stop her attack using his sword however, his attack was immediately intercepted by Lizze's spear.

"I'm surprised you have the guts to look away from me while being on the battlefield, don't you think you are looking down on me too much?"

"Tch, you are in my way!"

A fierce exchange took place between them as their weapons moved too fast for the eyes to follow accurately with the normal eyes of humans.

Lizze thrust her spear forward vigorously. However, Levi effortlessly deflected the tip of her spear using the side of his sword nonchalantly.

The two seem to be locked into a stalemate!

Meanwhile, the blade of wind continued on its path without weakening!

A fierce swoosh echoed through the air as the blade of wind approach the hero's back. The hero of earth, Jack swung his scythe horizontally sideways beheading a knight from the kingdom of Alberta. At this moment he seemed unstoppable! Like a god of slaughter who exists only for the sake of slaughtering his enemies!

His divine weapon increases his speed to the point that he was seemingly untouchable to the knights. His figure flashes around constantly, whenever he vanishes from sight, he reappears behind a knight and swung his scythe beheading them in an instant!

He creates earth spears, earth sword and earth golem. Easily piercing and crushing his opponents without mercy!

The mages would sometimes fire long range attack magic to help the knights. However, whenever the magic reaches a close enough distance a towering wall of earth would suddenly protrude from the earth, shielding him from their attacks from all possible angles.

It was as if the world itself was trying to protect him. With his inhuman speed, physical attack and control over the surroundings to the knights he was like their worst nightmare!

"H-How is this possible! How much mana does he have?!"

A young knight questioned. With all the powerful phenomenon the hero was making one after another his magical energy should already be depleted by a fair amount. However, Jack's was completely expressionless as his eyes flash with a chilling coldness as though to freeze everything!

Hundreds of earth spikes rose up from the ground impaling all the knights in the surroundings leaving them skewered.

Droplets of blood splattered against the ground painting the land as hundreds of corpses belonging to the knights of the kingdom of Alberta gradually filled the battlefield.

It was hard to call this sight a battle anymore, it was more like a one-sided massacre.

Swoosh!

However, from behind the sound of raging wind became audible to the ear. A cloud of dust dispersed as a blade of wind quickly closed the distance! As though sensing the impending danger Jack who had just cut down a knight from the front instinctively swung his scythe horizontally!

The blade of his scythe connected with the blade of wind but!

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

The wind blades suddenly broke into multiple blades of wind attacking Jack from all possible angles. As though realizing their intentions he swung his scythe downwards.

Multiple walls of earth rose up from the earth each blocking a wind blade targeting him from various angles!

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

A deafening sound resounded continuously each time the wind blades collided with the earth walls! However, the wind blades cut through the earth walls and continued on its path.

Seeing this Jack's expression hardened slightly, even though the wind blades had weakened significantly after ripping its way through the earth walls there were still a lot of them each with enough force behind them to easily cut the human body to pieces in an instant!

Without the slightest hesitation Jack manipulated the earth as he created a giant hand from the soil. The hand was roughly twenty meters tall.

Jack watches the many wind blades approaching him at high speed indifferently and slowly opened up his palm.

Following his gesture, the earth palm also opened up its hand, creating a shield which completely protects his body!

BOOOOOM!

A thunderous explosion resounded as the wind blades collided against the earth hand. However, even though they were a lot of them they had failed to do the slightest damage.

The giant hand followed Jack's will crushing all the remaining knights that had managed to survive his previous attack just by the skin of the teeth.

"Die!"

A knight roared as he leapt at Jack's back thrusting the blade of his sword. However, before his blade could make any contact with Jack's back the earth hand caught him between his palm and started squeezing him!

The knights face became red as he found it difficult to breathe.

Eventually, the sound of bones breaking became audible to the ears as the knight was crush mercilessly. The numbers of remaining knight gradually reduced until their numbers fell into the single digits.

On a battlefield where numerous corpses lay a single black-haired boy stood in the center with an indifferent expression on his face.

His eyes carried no trace of emotion as he held his scythe in his hands.

...

Meanwhile, on another side of the battlefield Lizze and Levi continued to exchange attacks! The sound of metal clashing against metal echoed through the battlefield as sparks flew wildly.

"Hahaha! Not bad, not bad at all! The kingdom of Alberta is done for why don't you come and serve us instead? If you do, I'll make sure you get a high position for your talent."

During their paused Levi gazed deeply at Lizze with his heterochromia eyes as he spoke.

However, Lizze looked at him with apparent disgust as she got into a stance with her spear.

"Nonsense! you want me to betray my kingdom! I'd rather die!"

Her expression was extremely stern and serious as she could easily hear the desperate cries of her allies being slaughter.

(Th-That boy he is the hero of earth. I never thought the powers of the hero would be so overwhelming. Mona wasn't capable of this when she was first summoned, so why?)

She couldn't understand how the hero of earth became so strong just after he was summoned recently, it didn't make sense.

She desperately racks her brain thinking of a possible solution for her current situation.

She could also sense that Aiden had already died a long time ago. The current situation was no joke!

(H-How did things get so out of hand so suddenly?!)

She couldn't understand! They came here to set up an ambush, but instead they were the ones who got ambushed by the enemies!

(Why? Was there a spy?)

Lizze bit her lips as a feeling of helplessness suddenly rose up within her. She wasn't a fool she naturally knew of this from the very beginning but had refuse to believe it. After all the only ones who knew of the plans were the upper echelons of the Alberta kingdom. At this rate what will happen to the kingdom of Alberta?

"Oya, you're not looking too good, are you sure you can continue fighting?"

In an instant Levi's figure vanish from Lizze's sight. Her pupils contracted slightly as she quickly observed her surroundings.

She looked everywhere but no matter where she looked, she couldn't find him anywhere, it was as if he had blended with the very space.

".... I remember you said something earlier, you know you should never become distracted during the middle of battle?"

Lizze's body trembled as she felt his breath against her ear and quickly turned her head to look over her shoulder. However, from the corner of her eyes all she saw was a blade approaching her at a terrifying speed.

Whoosh!

Lizze's expression became confused as the right side of her body suddenly felt light as though liberated from something. When she looked at her right hand, what she saw made her beautiful face became sheet white instantly as though all the blood had left her face.

Her right arm was completely severed from her shoulder a large quantity of blood was gushing out of it as her hand flew through the air before subsequently falling down to the ground with a heavy thud.

"Argh!"

Lizze let out a shriek as she clutches her right shoulder, in an attempt to stop the blood. Her cries made it sound as though she was experiencing the worst kind of torture. It was like a chicken being held by the neck. Levi's expression was completely indifferent as he observed her from a distant.

The sword in his hand was enchanted with a mysterious power that increased the amount of pain his enemies felt when cut by his blade. Lizze's painful cries filled the battlefield as she rolled against the ground. Levi didn't land the finishing blow she was going to die regardless so he didn't bother.

He slowly glanced around the battlefield and notice all the knights from Alberta were killed and nodded his head in satisfaction. He then looked towards the hero before saying.

"Let's go, his majesty should be preparing to fire the annihilation cannon any time now."

After saying that much he turned his back and walked away Jack didn't respond his eyes remained free of emotion as he followed after him. The white eagles in the sky also began retreating, flying towards the kingdom of Alberta to take control of the kingdom.

...

Meanwhile, thousands of kilometers in the northern parts of the continent. Within the kingdom of Zestril, on top of the balcony there was a large cannon installed from the rail. Its muzzle was aimed far into the distance. With enough magical energy the cannon could easily annihilate cities or even entire kingdoms.

It was the weapon once used by lucifer in the past and one of the reasons why he was so feared back then. Four knights could be seen transferring their magical energies to the cannon to empower it.

From behind an old burly man could be seen standing there. The man seemed to be in his late forties with a head full of white hair and a long white beard. Standing next to him was the first princess of the kingdom of Zestril, Frostine. The princess seems to be in her late teens, with long waist length silver hair and eyes of the same color. Her long silky silver hair was decorated with a clip on the side.

"F-Father please reconsider!"

Frostine said in a flustered tone as she saw the cannon was only moments away from becoming active. However, the king didn't even glance at her as he said with a calm and dignified tone.

"... Everything I'm doing is for the sake of our kingdom. You may not understand it now, but you will eventually."

1