Shattered barrier!
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Princess Frostine couldn't understand the words of her father at all, no it wasn't that she didn't understand, it was that she didn't want to.

(How was declaring war on the other major nations beneficial for the kingdom?)

It didn't make any sense, Frostine furrowed her brow in a show of displeasure as she sighed. Her clear silver pupils trembled as she tried to suppress her emotions.

At this moment what she felt about her father right now was.

... Disappointment.

It was clear his ambitions had blinded him obstructing his vision from seeing clearly, if he continued down the path of domination all that would await the kingdom was nothing but its own destruction.

(I... I have to do something... something.)

She desperately racks her brain calculating various methods and formulating different ideas that would stop her father's ambitions.

However, her slender shoulders slump as she heaved a sigh.

No matter what kind of ideas she thinks of it was no use, all of them only leads back to the same conclusion, if she keeps getting in the way then her father would most likely subject her to being house arrest. She knew instinctively that if she became a hindrance to her father's goals, he would lock her away without any hesitation.

"I-I'm sorry... Mother there is nothing I can do."

Frostine mumbled weakly with a downcast gaze. The barrel of the 'annihilation cannon' shone with a faint radiance as a powerful pressure gradually began to emit from the cannon!

"Your majesty the cannon is ready to launch at any moment." 

A knight said to the king respectfully, hearing that a smile spread on the kings' lips as he ordered.

"Prepare to fire the cannon towards the kingdom of Alberta, don't hold anything back break the barrier that shields the city!"

"Understood!"

"Aim the trajectory towards the Alberta kingdom, destroy the barrier!"

"Turn the cannon to the limit!"

The knights began preparation to destroy the barrier of the Alberta kingdom. Soon, Frostine watched in astonishment how the cannon lit up with a dazzling light and subsequently fired a beam of destructive energy into the distant sky, easily piercing through the abundance of accumulated clouds!

Soon, a legend was about to be born.

The artificial barrier that was rumored to be the strongest among the artificial barrier in existence was going to be destroyed by the artifact that held the strongest attack prowess!

...

Meanwhile, sometime before the cannon was fired.

The scenery changed to the forest which intersect the forest from the kingdom of Alberta. Standing on one of the many branches.

A man clads in a dark cloak monitored the surroundings; his deep red eyes reflected the entrance to the city.

Currently, horse drawn carriages continued to move back and forth through the gates. The first prince was also speaking to the generals with serious expressions.

"Hahaha! It seems their numbers of skilled personnel has decreased quite a bit. I should be able to easily take them out from my current position."

Alister hummed to himself. Currently the first prince had two royal knights guarding him. However, while the knights seemed to be well trained, they weren't a threat. He could easily dispose of them.

(Hmm... Should I risk it?)

He wondered. His current job was to wait until the "Annihilation cannon" was fired and destroyed the barrier. While the knights were in a state of panic from the sudden and unexpected attack, he would stealthily make his way through the gate and start a bloody massacre.

Using the blood of the citizens as a means of fuel. Their main goal is to find the artifact empowering the seal placed on Lucifer, once the seal is removed his demon army shall be freed. They needed to use the citizens as sacrifice.

Now that they were at their weakest with the disappearance of their most capable fighter it was the perfect chance to start his assault however...

(No, it's still too risky. If I attack now, it would be troublesome if they become cautious, this could jeopardize the entire plan.)

He thought, frowning. They had been planning this for three hundred years. It wouldn't be funny if the plan failed because of his eagerness to cause chaos. He would have plenty of time for that later.

"That bastard of a swordsman is also still inside that place."

Alister turned his gaze towards the majestic looking castle that towered high in the distant. The man who currently held the title "strongest swordsmen" was still inside the royal castle. As much as how he really wanted to have a taste of his legendary sword that was said to be capable of eradicating all evil in the world, he couldn't risk it.

"... They should start their attack any moment now."

A smirk appeared on his face. However...

(Oh... Someone is approaching overhead.)

Alister rises his head and stared into the clear azure sky. He squinted his eyes as a small dot that gradually grew bigger appeared in his vision.

(Th-Thats a griffin...)

Indeed, the silhouette of a person could be seen on the back of the Griffen. From the shape and size, it was definitely a woman.

(Tch, so someone actually survived. Huh, I can't allow her to give any unnecessary information.)

Alister's eyes grew sharp as his mouth twisted into an eerie smirk.

Soon, a dense murderous intent was released. He slowly raised his hand upwards towards the Griffen and magical energy began to circulate.

"Dark spear!"

A magic formation appeared before his outstretched hand and two dense darkness in the form of a spear shot outwards at an impossible speed!

Swoosh!

The spear pierced through the side of the woman's head, a needle size hole opened up in her head as blood and flesh spew out in copious amount as her body swayed unsteadily as she subsequently fell from the back of the Griffen a moment later. 

The Griffen also suffered a similar fate!

Alister watched as both their silhouette's fell out of the sky.

"... That should take care of them."

Alister hid behind the leaves erasing his presence and laid low until the time come for him to commence his attack.

...

The rattling of the carriage wheels as well as the hooves of the horses resounded as they raised a cloud of dust.

"Your royal highness all preparations had been made; we should be able to leave any day now."

A knight reported to Ryan.

Ryan nodded his head seriously.

"Understood, get personnel to report to father. We will leave in the next two hours everyone gets ready."

The first prince, Ryan said in a firm tone. The knights all nodded their heads and quickly went on their way to fulfill their duties. Ryan's blue eyes shone with a strong and unwavering glint as he clutched the hilt of his sword firmly.

(Two days from now, is the day when we will go to war with the Zestril kingdom... N-No matter what I will protect this kingdom, those who wish to look down on us and belittled us will all be beheaded by my blade.)

Ryan thought, encouraging himself. He was the prince and the future ruler of this nation.

How could he allow some arrogant fools to not only attempt to assassinate his father, the king. But all so threaten them? And even try to invade his homeland.

Ridiculous!

A small smile appeared on his lips as his eyes flash with murderous intent!

"Umm... Your highness."

A timid voice called out to him from behind, turning his head to the voice he was greeted by a familiar face. A cute girl with short silky brown hair clads in a maid attire.

"Your highness, I... I wish I could accompany you on your journey but..."

Emma gaze into Ryan's deep blue eyes as she spoke. However, the last part of her words trailed off as she made a slightly troubled face. She was the maid assigned to take care of the prince. And had been very diligent in her duty thus far.

Honestly, she really didn't want to separate from him if possible but...

"No, it's fine... You should go back to the royal castle where it's safe. I am currently heading to the battlefield; you won't be able to do anything if you accompany me anyway."

Ryan said with a troubled look. Although he would have liked to have her join him as the conversations, they usually have had been very pleasant.

As expected, it wasn't a realistic thought. The battlefield favors no one, who knows what would happen once the battle starts.

And thus. He decided to prioritize her safety over his own enjoyment.

"... Y-Yes I'm sure someone as powerless as me would only become a burden and hinder you."

Her voice held traces of sorrow as she said that.

"N-No you are not a burden at all... Please don't worry, will you wait for me?"

Ryan brushed aside his long silver hair as he asked. Hearing his words, a faint smile adorned her face. Even though she knew it was nothing more than sweet talk. No because she knew it was nothing more than sweet talk coming from the prince it made her happy.

"Yes, of course. I am your maid it is my duty to wait for my Master, you know."

She bowed gracefully as she raised the hem of her dress.

"You are absolutely right... So, take care of things while I am gone, I am especially worried about my sister, can I leave her to you?"

"Why, of course. You're highness!"

Emma beamed in happiness, as she realizes how much he trusts her.

"Haha... There is no need for..."

BOOOM!

The earth rumbled as a dust cloud rose up into the air. The knights moving around the surroundings quickly drew their swords and got into a position where they would ensure the safety of the prince.

Ryan instinctively moved before Emma and drew the blade sheath at his waist. The dust gradually receded until the surroundings become clear.

Lying on the soil in a pool of fresh blood was a woman and a Griffen... The woman's eyes were wide opened even as she died.

"Th-This... A woman?"

"H-Hey, she is wearing our uniform."

"Someone quickly go and check her pulse!"

The knights all cautiously approach the woman who laid in a pool of blood. Once they were at a distance where they would make out every detail on her face, they all swallowed their breaths.

"... Th-This woman isn't she!"

The woman had silky blue hair and her body was riddled with wounds. It was as though she had just escape from a tough battle.

"It's Casey! Why is she here?"

"Eh... C-Casey didn't she already left with the rest of the troops!?"

"Do... You think something had happened to them?"

Ryan furrowed his brow, and a bad premonition filled his head.

(Th-This woman... Was she shot down while she was on her way here?!)

He quickly glanced into the forest nearby, however all he could physically perceive were the trees that towered high above his head. However, that bad feeling only grew more as he pondered about it.

"Don't let your guards down there maybe enemies hiding inside the forest!"

Ryan bellowed. His words made all the remaining knights quickly raised their vigilance. However, another knight knelt down and observed the body of Casey. There was a small, almost imperceptible hole in the side of her head, that had probably been the attack that had claimed her life.

"Something is not right; I can understand she was shot down by an enemy hiding nearby but... Her injuries. Did something happen to the troops while they were on their way?"

A knight said that with a bitter grimace.

"... Damn it. Could it be someone decided to attack our troops?!"

Ryan felt fury from that thought. While they were rather peaceful since the end of the great war three hundred years ago. The Alberta kingdom did in fact had a lot of enemies.

With the news of war brewing over their heads it wouldn't be strange for the other kingdoms to make their moves.

"Quickly we should...!"

"Shit what is that?!"

Ryan was about to give the order to retreat when a young knight cut him off with a shout filled with both confusion and agitation!

Looking into the direction the knight was looking at they all saw a small dot. However, the dot grew bigger and bigger with each second.

"Fu*k! R-Retreat!"

A knight that had enchanted his senses saw the powerful destructive energy, powerful beyond belief closing in on them!

Ryan's face turned pale as though all the blood had drained from his face. Despite its long distance he could feel a strong destructive energy coming from the attack.

It should have been impossible for him to sense something of that distance but, he was able to sense it without trouble.

(That attack I estimate it had far surpassed the highest-grade magic spell known to humans!)

If they were hit by that attack, there would be nothing left of them!

(R-Run... We have to run!)

The barrier of the city should be capable of defending against the attack. Ryan grabbed Emma's hand and frantically ran towards the gate.

Without thinking all the knights ran towards the entrance to the city. They all must have had the same idea. What could be the best form of protection if not the barrier that held the strongest defensive prowess of all defensive artifacts!

The destructive energy came with unstoppable might crashing directly onto the barrier that surrounded the entire kingdom.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The earth shook and rumble fiercely!

Many unfortunate structures collapse from the force as a powerful shockwave spread throughout the city. Screams of the citizens resounded.

The barrier shuddered fiercely under the assault of the attack from the "Annihilation cannon" it stood its ground desperately however, as the attack of the destructive energy grew more intensely the energy usage of the barrier increased.

Ultimately, the energy of the barrier was gradually sapped away, and cracks began to appear on the surface of the barrier until...?

BANG~

And so... The barrier that was said to be the strongest shattered and broke like fragile glass!

1