Invasion: Beginning of massacre! (1/3)
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BOOOOOM!

The defensive barrier that shielded the entire Alberta kingdom, the artifact said to be the greatest of all defensive type artifacts. Shattered and broke apart just like that!

A thunderous explosion resounded and shook the entire capital for several seconds as a fierce shockwave erupted causing the many buildings to collapse!

The powerful shockwave had already killed several unfortunate civilians who weren't able to move out of the way in time.

"Im-Impossible! The barrier is broken... Even the highest magical attacks known to human wouldn't have been able to cause the barrier to shudder let alone break!"

The first prince, Ryan muttered absent-mindedly. As though his mind was still processing what had just happened mere moments ago. The barriers absolute defense was of course, the pride of the Alberta kingdom.

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the absolute defense was one of the biggest reasons why the other nations didn't dare to attack or invade them, since there was no known way to get through the defensive barrier. Until now at least.

Destruction permeated the chaotic city as the agonizing cries of the civilians resounded.

To make matters worse, hundreds of magic formations suddenly appeared in the sky, covering the entire city!

From within the magic formation hundreds of beasts of various kind flew out attacking the citizens indiscriminately! Explosion occurred from different points in the city.

A river of blood flowed through the streets naturally as though it was created by nature itself. Prince Ryan could only watch helplessly as his people were massacre one after another. It didn't matter if it was old or young, big or small. 

The flying beast attacked them either by firing beams of light from their mouth or using their sharp claws to rip and grind and reduce their bodies to nothing but mere pulp in an instant.

Ryan gritted his teeth so hard that blood oozed from his lips.

Anger, hatred and the desire for vengeance shone in those pair of blue sapphire like eyes as he glared at the beasts.

"Unforgivable! Unforgivable! I definitely will not forgive any of you foul beasts!"

He exclaimed with bloodshot eyes! And without any kind of dither or hesitation. Ryan thrust the blade of his sword deep into the neck of a beast that resembles a wolf. The wolf let out a painful cry as the blade was thrust deep inside its neck.

The other knights promptly drew their respective swords sheathed at their waists and began supporting the prince. They needed to protect the citizens as much as possible. Many buildings that previously stood tall in the distant lost their foundation and collapse as the beast's rampage and destroyed their walls.

"He... Hehehe. I never thought it would be this one sided, did that king really split up his forces this much so that his precious kingdom had become this weak?"

Standing on top of the back of a flying beast. The sweet laughter of a woman with long snow-white hair dancing gracefully in the soft wind. Her deep red eyes flash with a playful light as she observed the chaotic state of the city below.

"... All I have to do is collect the necessary amount of sacrifice lives, right?"

Monica asked, as she turned her gaze into a particular direction. Space twisted and distorted fiercely as a white-haired man with bat like wings appeared.

"Kukukuku... That is the plan, you deal with the ones on the outside. I shall allow the ones on the inside to entertain me. I can sense that a very powerful knight is currently inside the royal palace."

Alister cackled gleefully as he gazed at the royal palace that stood tall and imposing in the far distant. The royal palace was the only place that was not destroyed or suffered some damage unlike the rest of the city.

"Hahahaha! I've waited patiently enough! Which one of you will give me a fight worth remembering!"

Alister exclaimed as he launched himself into the direction of the royal palace. Seeing him like that Monica scoffed.

"Meat head, all he knows is fighting why can't that idiot think things through before he jumps into battle."

She sighed in exasperation. At the same time a huge commotion occurred at the entrance gate to the city. Turning her head to the noise what reflected in her crimson eyes was over a dozen white eagles carrying mages and knights on their backs.

"Oh, those guys arrived much sooner than expected. Well, when this operation is over this city will belong to them anyway."

Monica shook her head as she took out a ruby colored gemstone that shone with a resplendent light. Seeing the gem glowing brighter subtly a faint smile adorned her face.

"... Soon my love."

She muttered to herself, as she hugged the small palm size gemstone to her voluptuous chest. Her eyes flash with countless emotions as she reminisces on her most precious memories of the past.

Meanwhile, the state of the capital of the Alberta kingdom was becoming more chaotic as the mages and knights of the kingdom of Zestril subdued the frantic citizens while they slaughtered those who were firm in their resolve and decision to continue resisting.

A trail of blood painted the once clean paved streets as various bodies laid on the ground. Sounds of weeping and angry roars rose from various points of the city as those who were lucky enough to survive began to mourn for their lost loved ones.

While others flew into a rage at the sight of their lifeless bodies.

Hiding between a narrowed alleyway that was thick with a foul sickening stench was the crown prince, Ryan. Next to him was a young girl dressed in a maid uniform as her eyes trembled and glisten with tears.

"... Tch, damn it! At this rate our kingdom will be."

Ryan gritted his teeth as he felt a sense of helplessness. He was completely trapped as all routes were currently sealed off by the knights of the kingdom of Zestril.

No matter how he looked at it, it was their lost.

Whoosh!

Ryan and Emma's body flinched as they felt a strong gust of wind caress their bodies. Turning his head upwards what reflected in his deep ocean blue eyes was a giant beast with four pairs of wings spread outwards from its back.

Standing on the back of the giant beast was a beautiful white-haired woman with a curvy body.

The woman's blood red eyes gave him a sense of danger as his hands trembled.

"My dear prince why are you hiding from us? Weren't the members of the royal family taught proper etiquette?"

Monica asked as her lips curved upwards into a smile.

"... Wh-What do you want from me?!"

Ryan asked as he glared at Monica with hatred apparent on his face. Seeing that Monica sneered.

"As you are aware already, we are taking control over this kingdom you all hold so dearly, from this day the royal family will lose all power and reason for existing. A new era will begin as a new kingdom will rise from the wreckage of this useless nation of yours. Which means... All members of the royal family will die, as your existence aren't necessary anymore!"

As soon as she said that Monica waved her hand. And following that gesture, an obsidian crystalize spear was formed.

Swoosh!

Ryan didn't even had time to blink as the spear appeared before his eyes however...

Spurt!

Ryan gasps as he felt a cold sensation against his cheek, wiping his hand against his right cheeks his eyes narrowed as he saw blood stained covered his palm. Droplets of blood splash against his cheeks and trickled down to his chin. Slowly and fearfully, he raised his head as his eyes widened as he stared at the back of the figure that had just appeared before him.

"... Y-You."

His mouth moved to say something but, in the end, he swallowed his breath as his heart felt a pang of pain that caused his legs to grow weak.

What reflected in his light blue eyes was the sight of Emma with a spear pierced through her heart with such force that it practically destroyed her flesh and opened up a hole through her back.

"Cough."

Emma coughed out blood as her maid uniform gradually soaked with her own blood.

"Oh my, you used your own body as a shield to protect your prince... How lovely, it's rare to find someone so loyal these days."

Monica's blood red eyes glowed faintly as she observed the scene before her with deep interest. The figure of Emma could be seen skewered on the ground as a copious amount of blood oozed from her body.

1