Invasion: Beginning of massacre! (3/3)
56 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the garden of the royal palace filled with the lush greenery of the plants and bushes a heavy atmosphere currently filled the surroundings. Matthew and Alister both raised their guards as they prepared for battle.

Matthew's eyes flashed with heavy killing intent as he held his hand upwards, the rays of the golden sun reflected off the surface of the blade.

"Oya, that's a lot of killing intent you have there. Do you mind telling me why your so worked up over something that happened roughly three hundred years ago?"

Alister asked, curiously. However, contrary to his relaxed attitude his deep red eyes were also flashing with killing intent no weaker than Matthew.

Was it hate because of what happened between the demons and humans?

Or was it his indomitable will to kill the powerful enemy who stood before him?

Even he didn't know the definite answer to that question that was suddenly brewing inside his mind.

But his will to fight was suddenly surging, like that of an endless ocean.

"... I have no reason to answer your questions, now that you have shown yourself, your only fate now is to fall by my blade."

Matthew said in a calm tone. His tone of voice clearly conveyed his disinterest in conversing with the demon before him. At that Alister shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh, that's disappointing. And here I thought we could have a nice chat while we're at it."

He then turned his gaze towards the remaining knights who stood a few meters or so behind Matthew.

(I have no interest in weaklings.)

He inwardly thought to himself.

And an almost imperceptible smirk appeared at the corner of his lips. Matthew's eyes narrowed cautiously; he felt a bad premonition. This feeling spurred him on to act decisively. As though by instinct his body moved without delay.

He kicked off the ground and leapt high into the air. At the same time Alister made his move, he extended his slender hand outwards and following that motion countless spears of darkness protruded from the earth!

"Wha?"

"No!"

"Aghhhhh!"

The agonizing cries of the knights who were unable to evade the sudden attack resounded through the garden of the castle grounds. Each spear pierced through the armor of the knights and penetrated through their torso.

The other remaining knights were lucky enough to escape while receiving heavy injuries.

Swoosh!

As though he had predicted his previous actions, Alister waved his hand and sent three spears of darkness towards Matthew who was on the verge of falling from his sudden jump.

Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!...

As the black spears drew closer in his gaze, Matthew's eyes sharpened like the edge of two blades. Suddenly, the blade of his sword shone faintly and with a swing of his sword a dazzling white light was released from the blade!

BOOOOOOM!

The slash of white light collided with the three spears of darkness. And at the same time the spear of darkness was completely incinerated by the heat generated by the white light.

However, the slash of light continued on its path, it moved at an impossible speed closing in on Alister who observed the white light calmly.

(... I see. The holy attribute, eh. No wonder his sword is said to be capable of eradicating all evil that exists in the world.)

Alister with his hand beneath his chin, nodded his head gently as though understanding something. And with a flap of his two bat-like wings he ascended high into the sky, evading the slash of light.

In this world the most common elements were the four natural elements of nature. Fire, water, air and earth. These elements were given to humans through the four elemental goddesses However, there are two bonuses to the four common elements. And that was the element of darkness that was mostly used by the demon race. And the element of light that came into existence to counter the element of darkness.

Matthew landed softly onto the ground as he braced his sword while maintaining his distance from Alister. Alister did not pursue Matthew instead his wings flapped softly behind his back as he gaze down at Matthew with an unreadable expression on his face.

Alister naturally felt wariness towards the sword of light in Matthew's hands. The light attribute was a demon's greatest weakness, and he wasn't willing to take a direct hit from an attack of the sword capable of eradicating all evil in existence.

The safest choice was to attack while maintaining his distance, indeed, it was the most sensible decision and yet.

Whoosh!

Alister accelerated towards Matthew in a straight line, closing the gap between them in an instant! His long silver hair tousled intensely by his speed as he closed in on Matthew from the front.

Claws of darkness began to take form as he slashes forwards towards Matthew's chest.

However, Matthew's dark eyes flickered within a split second before Alister's claws could make contact with Matthew's sword, he poured his magical energy inside the sword as he slashes vigorously with his hand moving forwards. A dull sound resounded as the claws of darkness collided with the blade of light, both Alister and Matthew grunted as they were forced backwards a few steps from the recoil.

Matthew fixed his stance with his sword while raising his vigilance towards Alister.

Meanwhile, Alister observed his claws and a slight frown couldn't help but appear on his face.

"As I thought. My darkness really isn't capable of dealing with your light attribute."

He mumbled to himself.

But at the same time his crimson eyes gazed deeply at Matthew as though realizing something.

(I have to admit you are indeed very strong but... I wonder how long your magical energy can hold out before it reaches its limits?)

He wondered. No matter how strong an attack is without the necessary magical energy it was completely useless. He suspected that the element of light must have taken a considerable amount of mana.

Indeed, a slight frown appeared on Matthew's face. However, he didn't show any sign of discomfort or panic, his expression remained calm. Soon, as though they had come to a tactical agreement, they moved in perfect unison!

The fierce sound of combat erupted once again within the garden of the castle grounds. With each clash of their weapons the air in the surroundings exploded, the concrete beneath their feet cracked as large craters were formed unnaturally!

During their fierce exchange of blows, the remaining knights who had survived Alister's surprised attacks looked at the concrete that kept exploding and cracking as the sound of clashing rang out constantly.

It was evident this wasn't a battle that they could casually enter. Not only would they lose their life, but they could also hinder their commander as well.

"Do you think the captain will win?"

A young knight who seems to be in his late teens asked as he covered the wounds on his chest. The other remaining three knights were all in a daze as they tried to treat their wounds while also raising their vigilance towards the battle currently taking place a few meters away.

"Tch, we should help him. This damned demon is really strong I don't think this will be easy for the captain."

Another knight said with a sharp glint in his eyes. He had already drawn his sword and was preparing to enter the battle. The third remaining knight was a middle-aged man approaching his late thirties to forties.

Unlike the other two his expression was slightly dull he didn't seem motivated to continue fighting. Meanwhile, on his left was another knight who was lucky enough to survive.

He was calmly observing the battle taking placed with an unreadable expression on his face. Meanwhile...

Bang!...

Alister and Matthew's attacks once again collided as a dull sound echoed through the vicinity!

They both remained warily at the other and moved back to open the gap between them. Matthew's chest rose and fell erotically as his breathing was rough and heavy as he clutched his wrist, his grip on his sword tightened.

He had used up a large amount of his magical energy, he probably won't be able to last any longer in his current state. However, Alister wasn't any different. His robe was filled with burnt from the moment when he had failed to successfully evade the slash of lights.

His body was riddled with wounds and even his breathing was heavy. However, strangely enough, there was a smile on his face.

"Hahahaha! This is it! This is what I have been waiting for! A fight worth remembering."

He suddenly laughed heartily as though he was truly enjoying himself from the bottom of his heart.

Demons were violent being who truly loved battle. Whether they live or die didn't matter to them as long as they get to have some fun in the end.

It was this troublesome nature of theirs why they couldn't get along well with the other race.

"... Sigh. You are a troublesome fellow. Do you really enjoy fighting that much that you were even willing to take my attack head on to land a blow onto me?"

Matthew asked as his hand held the damage parts of his armor that was penetrated by the claws of darkness of Alister. Hearing his words, a grin appeared on Alister's face.

"Ahahaha! Someone as experienced as you should already know sometimes you must make necessary amount of sacrifice just to deal a successful blow to your enemies, right?"

"... Indeed. You are correct. My swords special characteristics is that all those who possess evil will be killed regardless of strength. But against someone as experienced as yourself I must admit... Defeating you doesn't seem so effortless anymore."

Matthew responded calmly.

He didn't deny Alister's words, he had his fair share of difficult battles and knew that on a battlefield life truly favors no one. He let out a deep breath as though to dispel his emotions and said with some seriousness in his voice.

"Thats why I won't be holding back anymore."

At that indication his aura changed and became fiercer.

Alister frowns as he keenly sensed the changed in his opponent.

(So, he is taking this seriously now. Huh, very well it's about time that man start the next phase of the plan. As disappointing as it is, I really should put an end to this.)

He secretly thought.

Soon, Alister's appearance went through a change. His demon horns he usually kept hidden suddenly appeared. From his rear a long thick tail extended outwards as he flapped his two wings outwards.

His blood red eyes met with Matthew's dark eyes indifferently. Both stayed silent as they observed the other and was searching for an opening. However, something happened that neither had expected!

Swoosh!

From the distance a flash of light shone before moving at an impossible speed closing in on Alister and Matthew from behind. Matthew's expression changed abruptly as from the corners of his eyes; he saw the flash of dazzling light approaching them from a distance.

1