Prologue
83 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just an average day in a normal town, that was honestly closer to a village. 

It wasn’t really unique or different, it had the same close knit community that you hear about everywhere. It had a surprising amount of diversity for a rural town but that was really quite minor. 

The most outstanding part of the town was maybe its location and history. 

Orinden, my great town, is located in a rural forested area and has minimal deforestation and destruction of wildlife. But it isn’t known for that, it is  known for being a town away from the great city of Metropolis. The wonderful place any would want to go to become influential and have a better life and career. Even throughout its history as a city it has been a place for intellectuals to gather, leading to its now modern and extremely developed city that is slightly ahead of all others. 

It also now had the famous Superman and his group of villains that didn’t desway immigrants into the city but somehow promoted it!! Why do people want to die?!? It’s so stupid honestly. Geez. Why would you want to live in a place where Superman could throw your car at a villain tomorrow and they MISS. Oh god! How are they so Dumb!???

Back to Orinden. Before I go on a tirade on how stupid people are. 

Orinden is a distant settlement founded by British colonialists that wished to create a peaceful home for themselves and their families. They were quite accepting for their time, having a cohort of British, Black and Irish settlers with them. Surprisingly they were all treated as equals, rare back then.

I guess that would explain the diversity of cultures and why our town was so open minded. Really helped later down the line with all the other races and nationalities that moved in later.

Anyway, the settlers were considered radical for the time so they weren’t welcomed in other blossoming towns, explaining why they left to build their own. Along with the founder wanting to make his own settlement.

As the story goes, a young brave man named Jeremiah Orifner founded Orinden. He was a mixed man of Guinea and British descent. He grew up ostracized by most Britain’s even the British half of his family. 

Jerimiahs mother was a rich noble lady who owned her dead husband's estate and fell in love with Jerimiah’s father George Orinki. Leading to a high society life that had its benefits and demerits for young Jeremiah. He was an outcast due to his mother’s relationship leading to trouble in school.

He couldn’t go to other private schools to learn due to his mistreatment, he was bullied by both adults and kids. However he was lucky in that his mother was an educated person and taught him at home with the help of tutors. 

He was taught the sciences, etiquette, politics and estate management. He picked up all the subjects fast and at the age of 14 could learn nothing new from tutors. 

Feeling like he didn’t know enough he decided to learn other crafts like construction, farming, cooking and wilderness survival (which was just how to identify safe foods to eat and treat wounds) from his father and his side of the family.

By the time he was 20 he had finished his learning and did all he could to help his family and siblings. He was blessed by luck and  stumbled upon opportunities left and right and amassed a large wealth that he then spent generously to benefit the people around and under him.

He enjoyed his peaceful life for three years but he felt like he needed to do more, see more and he wasn’t getting that from Britain. At the age of 23 he had traveled quite a bit and seen just how depressing the world he knew was. He wished to create a new better world / home for his people.

So when he heard of the new land that was discovered and colonized he jumped at the opportunity to go. So when the third expedition trip began, he took a ship that he bought and sailed towards America. Along with his wife and his extended family Jerimiah had also brought his subordinates and the citizens of his village along with slaves that he had freed.

It was as he expected, cruel, dangerous and perilous. He left diseased ridden settlements and went into the unknown wilds. Along the way he picked up a cabal of other freedom seekers that he accepted with open arms, no matter their beliefs or colour.

When he arrived at what is today known as Orinden Town, he had many of the original members of his group and more. They had a low mortality rate due to the native Tigestiden tribe that Jerimiah had befriended, who taught the ways of survival to the settlers. The settlers also had no issue with food due to what Jerimiah brought back from his hunts. 

Overall the people that joined Jerimiah could see the future he had promised, and had all chosen to stay to build a settlement that would last for generations.

The village they chose to build was far from other settlements leaving them free from the drama that they brought. Throughout the town's history, it has always flourished with individuality and different cultures that all mingled to create a beautiful peaceful environment.

Every subsequent generations of Jerimiah Orifner, also known as the Orifner family, has led and kept the town peaceful and to its roots of inclusivity. The Orifner family helped improve womens, native, black and gay rights. They kept the local area clean and filled with wildlife and advocated for clean energy and proper waste disposal in and around the town. 

Now Orifner is known for being the cleanest town in America with the lowest crime and poverty rates as well. It would be the place people would want to live however little to no people move in due to a simple fact. It’s a town away from Metropolis.

People would rather live there in a city, over living in rural nowhere. 

I also had a feeling like something else is causing people to not move here. That reason was due to the Ornifer power and I had proof it exists. Through Orinden history the Orifner family always got what they wanted, be that wealth, political power or laws that they wished to have in force. They always lived long lives and never got into controversy or run-ins with the law. Statistically it was impossible for them to always be so successful.

It was also weird that only good righteous people have ever moved into the town. I am honestly baffled that no one else had noticed this weird flaw but it might just be cause I’m not affected by their power.

Why? Because I am part of the Orinifer family. Atlas Cronel Janus Ornifer is my name and part of the prestigious Ornifer family born in June 1998. And just like my predecessors I had powers. However unlike my ancestors I could do more than them, but I could, unlike the others, realise I had a power.

This is my story, beginning when I first discovered my power.

Hi all, just wanted to add that this will be a simple story without any, “You’re the descendant of an ancient god, foretold to save the world from an impending crisis” there will be DC characters and there will be conflict, but no weird bullshit added to increase the stakes.
This should also be faster pace than my other story.

2