SSSCII: The Sorcerer
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lass cleared away the brush and trees with a blade of wind. The wind started off strong before slowly fading away. The trunks of trees fell down and leaves slowly drifted down as well. With the foliage cleared, the sunlight shined down onto the soft moist ground. The scarlet rays of light scared off the insects and other small critters who loved the darkness.

As Lass looked across the dense forest that still stood and the trunks of fallen trees, he turned around. His turn sent his robe twirling up and the fancy looking garment sparkled in the sunlight. Lass began to slowly stroll back towards his home. His sandals made of layers of leaves that were stacked and weaved silently landed on the trail. The trail was very different from the forest ground as it was dry and a lighter color instead of the dark brown of the forest ground.

He silently walked along the trail while tree trunks levitated behind him. It wasn't long before Lass arrived at his destination. Home. It was still plenty sunny out and Lass's daughter was playing on the sandy beach. The white granules reflected the harsh light of the sun which was a crimson hue.

Lass's daughter was building a sand castle. She was wearing a dark blue dress that stretched down to her knees. The water of the ocean was a sky blue which did little to show the actual depths of the ocean. She got up from working on her sand castle before walking over to where the water met the sand. After scooping up a bucket of water and tottering over to her castle, she resumed her work. She picked up a sharp shovel and broke apart the hard layer of sand then tossed it into the bucket with water. As the sand absorbed the water, it turned into a brownish color.

The castle was impressive. The walls stood at near her waist height while the very top of the castle was close to her own height. The very bottom of the castle was the lightest shade of sand, close to a whitish hue. The color slowly got darker as it approached the top of the castle. At the top, the light brown balcony of the castle even had three tiny white chairs placed while a white desk was placed. Lacy, Lass’s daughter slowly stirred the bucket filled with a mix of sand and water. As she continued her work, Lass got to making a suitable meal for her. A small fire immediately got started under a stack of neatly cut wood that had been left out to dry.

The wood changed from a light brown to a charcoal black as the fire ate away at it with a gusto. A pot made from carved stone was filled with water. A couple vegetables were cut up and tossed into the water. Lass put a couple more pieces of meat inside the pot and covered the pot with a stone lid. When steam finally began to pour out of the tiny holes on top of the lid, Lass checked the inside of the broth and tasted it.

"Lacy, it's time for lunch now."

Lass gently shook his daughter's shoulder which brought her back from her work. The castle which was already frightening now had a wall placed around it. The patterns of lines on the walls looked intimidating with it streaking back and forth in a pattern. The walls were placed high, but the balcony still stood high above the walls. There was one entrance on the walls and the hole indicated that Lacy was planning on placing a gate.

Lacy got up from the sand and swiped away at the sand that still clung to her. Lass got behind her and carefully wiped the sand away from her while giving her a warning.

"Remember when the sand clung to your body because it hardened? We had to spend some time in the ocean for the sand to soften up and become removable from your body. Make sure to get them all. We don't want a repeat of that incident."

Lacy nodded and thoroughly looked herself over while Lass kept an eye on her. After clearing the sand off her body and dress, Lass noticed that some spots on her dress were darker as water had got on it. They walked back towards the hut which had a couple tree trunks lying nearby with the leaves still present. Lacy walked over to the bowl of steaming porridge which was placed on a table with two stools placed nearby. She sat on one of the stools and slowly ate the meal. Lass moved the stool and the table with a wave of his hand onto a spot where the red rays of light shined, intending on having Lacy get her dress dried.

Meanwhile, Lass was cutting the trunks. The hut was already looking fine, but he planned to furnish the inside basement of the hut as well. He suddenly looked towards the still ocean before clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"Lacy, get inside the house."

Lacy who was still eating eased herself into the hut. Lass shut the door of the hut. He thoroughly inspected the hut before placing his hand on the door. Symbols began to appear over the house and spread until the whole hut was covered in markings which glowed with power. Lass also walked over the castle Lacy was working on before forming a wind barrier which protected the castle.

Lass muttered something under his breath and the ocean view suddenly changed. In the distance, a huge hurricane was raging. Streaks of water and other aquatic animals were formed around the hurricane. Billowing winds were already beginning to reach Lass even though it was far and the ocean began to form waves disturbing its stillness.

As the winds cut into the hardened sand and blew it away in clouds of dust and water, the ocean waves raged with even more intensity. The winds of the storm blew away at Lass's dark, shoulder length hair. His robes were fluttering as well. The dark purple fabric still shined with an otherworldly glow that lit Lass up even though the sun was covered up by clouds which were pushed over by the storm.

A change in the wind was perceived as Lass began to form a conical shape over his hand. The wind began to be drawn towards the magic Lass was preparing. The rotation of the shape began to speed up even more. Soon enough, a small tornado of wind was cutting away at the hardened sand of the beach, but the symbols covering the hut kept it safe.

Lass released the conical tornado of wind towards the hurricane in the distance. Small pings echoed out as the granules of sand carried by the tornado hit the wind barrier in front of Lass. The projectile covered the distance with ease and pierced the hurricane before exploding which sent water and other ocean animals out into the sky. With the hurricane gone, Lass murmured once more.

A barrier of wind began to slowly form a cover which protected the island once more. With the movement of a finger, the clouds which covered the sun were gone. The place seemed to be the same except for the deep grooves in the sand and the wet brownish sand scattered along with the whitish sand that was broken into clumps.

Several ships were floating on the ocean waters. On each ship was a man or a woman dressed in a luxurious robe keeping an eye on the island where Lass and Lacy resided. At the very front of the ships was an old man levitating above the rest of the sorcerers. Besides the fancy garments, he also held a glowing staff that had a crystal ball place on the tip. His whispy white beard reached down his chest to stop right before his feet. An intimidating glow of power radiated from his eyes as he monitored the island.

Finally satisfied after observing, he signaled a sorcerer on one the ships. The sorcerer in turn, alerted the soldiers who lowered a boat that had a man tied to the sail of the boat. The sorcerer that stood on the boat began to concentrate power into his hands before unleashing a breeze that began to push the boat towards the island. He could feel the connection with the wind, but it was abruptly cut off when the boat got close to the island.

The old man at the front of the fleet turned around and began to levitate away. The sorcerers on board also used their wind magic to turn the ships around before they began to sail away from the island. The bearded old man reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a notebook. He flipped to a page that had many different tasks written on it ranging from Feeding the Ruby Dragon, to Planting the seeds of the Luminous Tree. On each of the tasks was a potential danger rating. The task of the feeding the Ruby Dragon was marked with an S.

He got to the last task on the notebook. It was Deliver the package to The Soul Extractor. The potential danger rating written was SSS. The old man laughed happily and his delight was obvious to all. He flipped to the front of the notebook. The notebook's title was: Tasks to complete in order to be accepted back into the Sorcerer's Union. The old man was so euphoric, tears streaked down his face as he continued towards the land of mass barely visible to the eye.


Lacy was continuing on building her sand castle. The walls surrounding the castle were completed. Normally, the walls around a castle were to keep the potential enemies out, but the walls stood imposingly around the castle. Instead of protecting the castle, the walls kept the residents of the castle trapped. 

The archway for the gate had a wooden gate installed in and the almost finished product stood proudly as the red rays of the sun shined down. After inspecting her sand castle, Lacy began to chip away at the sand that separated the walls from the castle with a sharp shovel. Tiny clumps of sand got removed until there was a shallow trench from the wall to the castle.

With her blue dress swaying as she ran, Lacy carried over a couple large leaves that looked thick and waxy. The green of the leaves was beginning to fade, but Lacy didn't care. She carried her trusty spade over and began to cut away at the leave until it was shaped like she wanted. She repeated her action with the other leaves, then carefully placed them inside the dip. After stepping on the leaves a couple of times, Lacy finished her waterproof floor.

She struggled to bring the buckets of water, but Lacy succeeded in filling the dip with water. The whole sand castle now looked much more impressive with water that stretched from the sides of the castle to the sides of the walls. Lacy carefully observed the leaves in the shallow trench before nodding proudly as the leaves in the trench prevented the sand from absorbing the water.

Lass silently appeared behind her and smiled before ruffling her waist length hair. Lacy looked up to him and smiled back. With the sun still high in the sky, Lass added on a final touch to the castle. He pulled out a tiny wooden boat from the pockets of his robe before he placed it right before the gate. As the tiny boat floated on the water, Lass looked to the horizon as faint symbols suddenly appeared.

It wasn't long before a boat with a man tied to the pole appeared from the outside. Lacy looked to the tiny float on the horizon. Then a gigantic grin appeared on her face. Unable to contain her excitement, she began to shout.

"It's mommy right? It's got to be mommy. She's finally here like you said daddy!"

Lass reached out his hand and gently rubbed her oily dark hair with a smile on his face.

"Of course it's mommy. You didn't doubt daddy right?"

Lacy pouted as she desperately fought off Lass's hand. 

"Stop messing up my hair daddy! I want it to be clean for when I meet mommy."

"Ok. Ok."

Lass reluctantly let go of his daughter's hair while smiling. Lacy was too ecstatic about the arrival of her mommy, but Lass knew that Lacy never had a mommy. As he observed the man tied on the pole, many ideas ran by Lass's mind.

Lass took some time to calm Lacy down. After she calmed, Lass guided her to the hut and let her stay inside as he pondered what to do. She had been so excited about the thought of finally meeting her mommy that Lass was sure she would be extremely disappointed if she noticed that her 'mommy' was a man. He slightly regretted telling Lacy the lie that her mommy was going to arrive on a ship. Now he had to deal with this mess.

Lass checked once more that Lacy was inside the house before he activated his wind magic once more. A strong wind appeared behind the ship and shoved it immediately towards the shore. It arrived within moments. Lass took one more glance at the guy tied to the pole and surely enough, it was a guy. Despite, the obvious signs of torture on the body, Lass grabbed the leg of the body and began to drag the body through the sand.

The area Lass was dragging the body was along the hard sand. The hardened sand acted like sandpaper and the open wounds on the body were aggravated even further. A bloody trail began to form on the sand as Lass dragged the body. The sand eagerly absorbed the blood to change from a chalky white to a weird pinkish color.

He turned around to drag the body near the hut where he could figure out what to do, but he saw a glimpse of something strange. The man's body had two souls. One was the man's and it was weak. It was barely radiating any light that a healthy soul would. The other soul was that of a woman. She looked around eighteen or so and her soul was radiating a grayish light that gave off warmth. A big grin filled the entirety of Lass's face as the luck of his situation registered. He slowly reached out his hand towards her soul, fully intending on molding her to his liking.


The front door the room suddenly slammed open and Gwen jumped up from the bed, startling the naked young man who was next to her. His confusion quickly turned to horror as he recognized the little lady who had opened the door. She was dressed in a scarlet dress with a snowy white coat over. Her bright green eyes paralyzed Gwen as she covered herself with her blanket.

Many thoughts were running through Gwen's head, but the main one was of confusion. She was wondering who this lady was as well as why she busted into this room. However, she stayed quiet as the little lady was radiating an aura that frightened her greatly.

"Well, well. It seems that my precious doggy decided to leave me."

The young man instantly jumped from the bed and began to beg for mercy.

"Oh Stephanie, gracious, loving, Lady Stephanie, please bestow your grace upon this lowly one."

All Gwen could think was: Crap, I had sex with a boy-toy of someone I shouldn't be messing with. Her confusion as to why she wasn't informed about this very important information was made clear as she noticed several other co-workers relishing in her mistake. A new though blazed through Gwen's mind and she was furious. She darted forward intending on making her co-workers pay, but a single glance from the little lady in red paralyzed her to the floor.

Gwen glowered at her traitorous co-workers. However, she paid much more attention to the progress that her customer was making. If he was spared, there would be a chance for herself to be spared as well.

"Hmm. Well doggy, I might. I just might consider sparing you if you can win me over. Come on boy, roll over."

Gwen averted her eyes as the young man instantly rolled over like he was a dog himself. She couldn't stand this patronizing attitude the red lady had, but she wanted to live.

"Now doggy, woof like the doggy you are."

"Woof. Woof."

A grin made its way across the lady's face as she continued to speak. Her green eyes lit up as the young man continued to obey her command. A giggle escaped from her lips as the young man listened to her words with reverence.

"Now doggy, get into mating mode."

Gwen groaned in the back of her head. The man had already taken drugs during the time they had sex there was no way that he would be able to get his dick up. A frown appeared as the lady noticed that her doggy had not been able to follow her command even after she gave him some time.

"Well doggy, it seems you love another doggy more than you love your owner."

The man who was on his hand and knees shook his head vehemently as tears streaked down his face. He used one hand to desperately stroke his dick as he whimpered. As the soft, unmanly whimpers echoed in the silent room, Gwen closed her eyes completely. It was over.

"Doggy, I though you loved me. Very well, it seems that I thought wrong. You know what, since you love that other bitch so much, why don't you join her for eternity, huh?"

As the lady continued to speak, a rapid transformation occurred. The man who looked utterly pathetic as he was kneeling on the floor while rubbing his dick, ripped off his dick. As he pulled it off with ease, a blade was revealed on the other side of the dick as he used the dick as a handle for the blade attached. The lady fell back in terror as a red line began to form across her neck.

When she fell onto the floor, her head rolled off of her body as blood began to spew from her body. The blood continued to spill as the man darted to the door and quickly dispatched the onlookers. As Gwen looked away from the slaughter and watched blood continue to spew from the body, she noticed the distinct lack of noise. She looked back towards the door and saw the fallen bodies of those traitors and a smile briefly crossed her face.

However, her moment of reveling in revenge was interrupted as a person dressed in a black robe that revealed no facial feature threw the body of the assassin onto the floor next to Gwen. It was do or die and Gwen  sprinted towards the window in an attempt to escape, but she received no mercy.

Inside the hut, Lacy peered down at the soul of Gwen while dancing about in excitement and nervousness. Lass took note of the relative strengths of Gwen and lacy's soul while sitting a distance away. He spent a year here to get Lacy's soul strong enough to manifest itself into the open world without being damaged. All the time of staying in the harsh light of the sun was build up the strength of the soul. Not exposing her soul to winds from the world were to let it get a stable foundation.

Meanwhile, Gwen's soul was already strong enough to manifest itself into the world. Lass wanted to strengthen Lacy's soul further and the perfect opportunity had showed up earlier. As he looked over at Lacy, the soul of the assassin was revealed to be sealed inside of Lacy's soul and slowly being absorbed to make Lacy's soul even stronger. 

Lass got up from the hut and picked up Gwen's soul manifestation. As he held her body, Lass put her onto his back. It was time to leave, Lacy's soul was strong enough to stand against the trials of the world and Lass needed to find the soul of a mother to make sure that Gwen's soul would be motherly and strong enough to protect Lacy.

"Come on Lacy, we're finally going to leave."

"What about mommy, why is she still asleep?"

"Don't worry honey. Mommy is just sleepy. She'll wake up when we leave. Don't you think that she would enjoy the other parts of the world?"

"Yeah!"

"Come on honey, time to leave your body."

"Ok!"

A small soul that resembled Lacy left the body she had been occupying. The body fell over and hit the ground with a clang. The now hollow shell of the automaton was soulless. As Lass exited the hut with Lacy, he finally collapsed the wind barrier around the island. A breeze immediately arrived bringing the salty smell of the sea. Lacy's form slightly flickered from the breeze. The winds brought pain to Lacy and she gritted her teeth as she continued to endure the pain. 

Within a minute, she was fine. Lass let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding as Lacy was able to endure the winds which were the most fatal to a soul. He checked on Gwen's soul and it was fine as well. The winds didn't affect her soul at all as her soul was still strong.

"Daddy, we're finally leaving! Hehe."

Lacy's laughter was infectious and Lass grinned at her.

"Yep, we're finally going."

"Wait, daddy, before we leave, I want to do one thing."

Lacy walked over to the sand castle. The walls surrounding the castle were now a chalky white. The trench was filled with dried leaves and the water which existed earlier was now gone. Lass walked over and handed a hammer of wind over to Lacy. She went wild and began to destroy her creation. The walls were destroyed and crumbled as pieces began to be blown away by the wind hammer. The walls were gone and the castle stood with small scratches on it.

Lass grabbed Lacy's hand and they began to float into the air. Before they began to embark their new journey, Lass decided to get rid of this reminder that he almost failed Lacy as a dad. When they stood high above the island with a clear view of everything, Lass formed a giant wind hand. Lacy watched in admiration and excitement as Lass slapped downward on the island. The hand of wind crushed the island several feet below the water. There were no signs that the island ever existed.


A group of five people in various color cloaks were surrounding a globe. The dark room they were in had no sources of light except the globe. It showed Lass crushing the island. Even though the light was emitted from the globe, their facial features were not revealed.

The person in a green cloak seemed to be the most talkative of the group. "Hey, hey. One of our fellow disasters finally decided to stop laying low. Shouldn't we greet him?" 

When no-one talked, the green cloak sighed before moving slightly to the left and speaking in a deeper voice."He won't bother to help our agenda. He only cares about his daughter."

The green cloak moved to the right this time and spoke in the voice used first. "Alright, alright. Lass won't help us. Shouldn't we try and get the other disasters to move as well?" 

As the silence continued, the green cloaked person continued their one sided conversation while supplementing different voices to answer for the other silent members in the room.

0