Chapter 40
1.3k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting off the train and paying some money, we headed to the city gate. It was a little crowded there. There seemed to be an entrance inspection going on at this place.

"Name"

"Myranda"

"And her?"

"Rose, my sister."

"Identification card"

'Identification card? I forgot to ask the coachman earlier'

"Uh, I don't have one but..."

I took out a pouch of coins to give a special token to these inspectors. I hoped this would solve any problems.

"How many people?"

The man dressed as a soldier looked at us carefully before calling his friend over.

"Check immediately. Please line up."

The man in robes who was called a soldier seemed to be a wizard. He was now casting a spell on all of us.

"There is no sign of demons. They are safe."

"You two have one more kid in the back don't you?"

"Oh no we have two more"

"Where?"

I pinched Rose because she had blurted out.

"I'm sorry sir but I did bring two more children. They are now in my arms and sleeping peacefully"

"Okay, so I'll speed it up, 5 coins"

"5 coins? Silver coins?"

"Gold of course ma'am. Who would risk putting in a suspicious person. At least show a resident card or more simply an adventurer's membership card."

"Well, sir, please take this."

"Welcome to Fragate City. Since it's late I suggest you find an inn immediately. From here you can find it straight until the intersection turn right."

"Thank you very much sir."

Then we entered the tall gate. Behind this wall was a wide view of the city and many buildings lined up neatly. The medieval nostalgia is very strong here.

We quickly made our way to the nearest lodging place. Fortunately, we were able to find a temporary inn that was empty. We don't know the standard price or the cheapest one. At least we could spend the night for the day.

A room with two mattresses costs 25 silver coins. That also includes breakfast tomorrow. Compared to the bribe from earlier, it was a far story.

"Rose is stupid. Rose is useless."

"I know and stop calling me names straight to the ear! Why do you like to bully others so much?"

"You big useless pig"

"Elene stop"

"I'm sorry big sis. I didn't know"

"It's okay it's just some money. We all know you've never been to the city. At least tomorrow you should take my word for it. Outside your village is a completely different world. You can't apply everything the same, understand?"

"Understood"

"Alright let's go to bed"

Tomorrow we plan to explore the city before going to the guild office. I also want to buy some things and visit the tourist attractions if there are any. At least we can rest for a day.

**

"What are we looking for big sis? It's so hot in here."

"Hold on and don't ever take off those clothes. Didn't you see me carrying three people walking in the heat?"

"You're weird"

"Yes, I know it's weird. I'm still shy but I'm used to it. We'll buy supplies and then buy food afterwards."

"Let’s go!"

Of course as usual I carried grandpa and Jimmy in front while Elene was on my back. In the crowd they were both still nursing and wouldn't let go of my nipples from the morning. I nursed them while walking with only my big robe to cover. If people saw me like this I would be really embarrassed.

Rose, who had been following beside me, looked hot because of the extra clothes she was wearing. I have to do this because we are now in the city.

I'm now looking at the goods in the middle of the market. It's very crowded but we can still walk freely. This market is the only place in town that sells goods. Unlike in the village at the beginning, here the goods sold are more diverse. I would definitely stop if I found something interesting.

'Mama there seems to be a suspicious hunchback man right behind you'

'We're in a crowd. Don't do anything as long as he doesn't do anything-'

"Uh-ah!"

An instant later someone was groping my ass. I was immediately startled but didn't scream. From his movements it seemed like he was looking for something but he was also a pervert.

'Elene break his fingers!'

The hand that was groping me while walking earlier instantly stopped and I began to quicken my pace. It wasn't long before I heard a cry of pain that was probably from the pervert. People immediately looked in his direction and I quickly left the scene with Rose.

We took a small run towards a small alley. Although the doors of all the shops were open, the atmosphere was a little quieter than before. Few people were shopping here.

"What's wrong big sis?"

"I just met a perverted man who likes to grope. You should be careful with this too."

"I'll keep that in mind."

We looked around before someone came up to us.

"Looks like you're tourists, nyaa?"

I saw a dark-haired girl wearing a simple dress start talking to us with a smile.

"You don't have to look at me all the time, nyaa. I'm just here to offer you directions, nyaa!"

"You want to be our guide?"

"Right, nyaa"

She always spoke with a strange accent.

"I know the way I speak, nyaa. Please let me guide you to places all day and if you are not satisfied, please don't pay, nyaa"

'Suspicious?

'Until now it's normal'

"Okay, I need your help. I'm Myra."

"Thanks, nyaa! I'm Celi. Where do you want to go first, nyaa?"

"We want to buy journey supplies first, then go to the tourist attractions in this city"

"Okay, follow me, nyaa!"

We followed this woman from behind. She guided us as she explained every detail of the places here. She also gave us some information and rumors about the city.

"Isn't she suspicious big sis?"

"We just need to run away if this is a scam"

"Still the way she talks is annoying"

At first I only wanted to stop at one place but then out of curiosity I wandered around and stopped at every shop there was. The thing that makes me unhappy is wasting money but right now I'm doing it.

The unbearable feeling of buying something that appeals to the eye and then regretting it afterwards, isn't this a tourist trap?

Finally we had finished shopping and were heading to a restaurant for lunch.

The road we were on was getting further and further away from the crowds. And now we were passing through a settlement that was somewhat marginalized from the city.

The houses we encountered looked poorly maintained and trash was scattered around. The people we passed also noticed us in shabby clothes. The impression of slums immediately crossed from this place. From the buildings, it looked like this place was for the poor.

"Are you right about this street?"

"Of course, nyaa. It's true that the most historic place in the city is on the edge of town but you'll be amazed to see it, nyaa."

Rose, who was carrying a lot of our luggage, started to stagger. I think we also need to train her if she wants to stay with us. At least she'll be better able to help me if needed.

I didn't take out the dimension ring or anything because apparently it was a very luxurious item. I couldn't show it off all the time because that would definitely cause trouble.

"Stop!"

"What's wrong, nyaa? Oh..."

I heard the sound of shouting and crying from the alley next to us. From afar I could see a woman scolding two small children. But it looked like she was going to hit them.

"It's normal here, nyaa. Hey-hey where are you going, nyaa"

And that's exactly what happened. The woman beat and kicked two small children who were crying. I couldn't bear it and go over them.

"What's going on?"

"Wait, nyaa. She's used to doing this, nyaa"

"What?"

"Hey, what are you doing interfering in other people's business?"

The woman who dressed up beautifully in a fashionable dress with a top slit that showed off her chest challenged us with a snide reply.

"Mom, mommy, don't leave us"

This little boy around 8 years old sat crying while hugging the little girl who might be his sister. He called this woman his mother. Despite the shabby clothes, their faces were vaguely similar.

"Let's just get out of here, nyaa. They're like that every day, nyaa"

"Hitting their children every day? What kind of parents are these!"

The guide girl approached me to whisper softly.

"You know, nyaa. She is the number one prostitute in the brothel, nyaa. She's pretty but she has a very bad temper, nyaa"

"Hey you damn cat! I heard you and I'm going to rip your mouth off!"

"Hiiiisssh"

"Wait a minute ma'am, why are you beating your children?"

"Don't interfere in other people's business!"

"Mom, don't leave us. Sister hasn't eaten since yesterday"

"Shut up! Because of you I'm losing my customers! You-you damn kids- Ah-ata-ta"

I quickly squeezed this woman's breasts tightly. She rebelled and tried to hit but I parried her attack.

"Let go! Let go!"

"Big sis why do you like squeezing people's breasts"

"What's the use of these big breasts if your kids are starving!"

"It's none of your business- ahh... ahh..."

"No ma'am, please let go of my mom. Please..."

"Mommy is in pain... let go!"

Her two children pleaded with me with their cries. They seemed to love their mother very much.

Unconsciously, my emotions got overcome for a moment. Knowing that she was a prostitute and that every time she beat her children, it made me recall the vague memories of my past. It was also the beginning of the hell of my life.

***

 

17