Chapter 42
723 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You guys! Stay still and line up!"

"Big sis!"

"How can your body have muscles? Please show us the warrior pose!"

From afar I could see that Rose was very used to taking care of children. She and Celi seemed to enjoy playing with them. She said she didn't like children but she was the most excited.

"Two hundred... three hundred... This is crazy! I've never held this much money!"

"Can you believe it now?"

"How did you get this? Do you want to buy a mansion?!"

"Of course, it's my hard work"

"How? Can you show me? No, I'm sorry. Do you want to start a business in this city?"

"Right, I want to earn a steady income by doing that. You know the life of an adventurer doesn't have to be good right?"

"Yes, it's the easiest job to earn money but with the most risk too. So what are you planning to do? And are you serious about inviting me to join?"

"Jenna, I just want to open a business with the money I have but I don't know what it is yet. And you're here to help me choose. I want someone from here to manage it and I'll fund it"

"But, I don't have expertise in one thing. And you know I can't leave my job because of unpaid debts"

"Don't worry, I won't put the burden on you to make an immediate profit on your first try. You pick and choose what you can do and what has potential in the marketplace. Build the business from the ground up. In return, I will help you pay off your debts. What is your total debt now?"

"No, if you're going to help me, I'm not going to ask for more than that. "

"Come on, you can make it a down payment. Just tell me how much"

"That's... about 30 Gold"

"Okay, that's pretty cheap"

"It's a lot! And since I'm quitting my job, I'll break the contract and that will cost me 2 gold coins"

"That's fine too"

"But I'm still afraid of it. I still have doubts about my ability to be up to your expectations. Why don't you look for someone else? Or an entrepreneur who already has a business?"

"I also might not just cooperate with one person. Trying to start a business with you is my choice now. You can either accept or reject it"

"I... I... well I'll give it a try"

"Good! I'd also like to know how much money you earn from your job?"

"Umm... you wouldn't guess. I can earn 50 silver and that's enough for us to live on for a week. If my customers were rich people it would be 400 silver. But lately, many competitors are younger and better than me. That's why it's stressful for me"

"Oh, that means you're good at this too? You know, the secret techniques?"

"You want to learn them?"

"Maybe... do-it-yourself techniques...?"

"Myra, you don't want to be like me. You should look for a man who, though not handsome, is loyal and willing to work hard. I regret it now"

"Forget it"

"Okay, but can I ask for the money first? An initial half is fine. I'll process the administration today. For the business details, we can talk about it tomorrow at this house. You may not believe me but if I'm serious then I'll do it. This house can be a guarantee"

"I trust you. We'll talk tomorrow."

"Thank you. This short encounter has opened up my new destiny! You are truly my savior. By the way, what's this little girl's name?"

"Elene, she is the most talkative among the others"

"She still has siblings?"

I quickly opened my robe to show the other passengers.

"You're crazy."

"Yes, I know that"

**

We were able to rest at a cheaper and nicer inn before noon after finishing today's activities. This place was also close to the Guild's office. It was a good thing that we found a really competent guide.

"Happy birthday my dear boy!"

"Congratulations! Congratulations!"

"Is this a cake? Jimmy likes chocolate ones"

"We can look again tomorrow, we didn't find it"

[Appraisal!]

Ding!

[Reading...]

[System cannot read... error]

'Can't?'

I still couldn't check Jimmy's status. When I did it the first time, the system gave me a hint that a baby who is not yet 1 year old cannot show his status. And when he had a birthday today, the system couldn't even read it.

Maybe like before, it would open on its own or with some event. Thinking it would open up eventually, I was patient.

"Wait, I just remembered something… Oh! Big sis! We passed by some pretty nice houses earlier, didn't we?"

"I remember it. It was quite spacious and had a backyard"

"You know I was offered to buy it. They said it was very cheap"

"You're so funny. How do you know it's cheap when you don't know about house prices?"

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you"

"How much is it?"

"Hmm... I think if I'm not mistaken he offered 75 Gold"

"Ha ha, I knew it"

"But you didn't accept anything or give anything to that person, did you?"

"I'm sorry but this..."

She handed over a tattered paper leaflet containing the sale of the cheap house.

"Is this right?"

"I was getting curious but also suspicious. Thank you Rose for giving me this information. And I'll reward you"

"Really?!"

"That's right. I will train you starting tomorrow. I'll teach you about fighting for free. It will increase your strength and stamina"

"Wait? What!"

The information on house sales here seems very credible. I recalled some words from the guide girl earlier about the prices of houses in this town. And if it's true this is cheap.

'Of course, I won't believe this simple marketing scam'

**

The candles were extinguished and the night became darker with only the moonlight illuminating it. From the inn's two-bedded room, no sound could be heard from the occupants. I think everyone is asleep now.

After attaching tracking magic to the suspicious guide girl earlier I was able to see her movements all along. And now the time has come for me to act.

I used my magic to travel freely and was about to leave for my destination.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"EH?!"

"You think I can't see you"

"How can you? I've been using high-level magic!"

"Eyes of Truth, a blessing from my goddess"

"How long?!"

"Calm down, I was able to use this recently. My holy energy is slowly recovering thanks to this breast. Then what are you going to do Elene?"

"You know that guide girl from earlier? I'm trying to see inside her head but it's not working. I'm quite suspicious of her"

"You didn't just tell your mom?"

"No need. I also want to do something on my own. It's only going to be a short while anyway. Please take care of her"

"Are you sure it's not dangerous?"

"Don’t worry. Although it's restricted I'm a pro at this"

Then I who had materialized in astral form immediately went to the location of the girl named Celi.

My body is now not fully developed. My magic is partially locked or can be used but not optimally. I can eavesdropping the voice of the target as well but for now, I can only determine the location.

The view from the top of the city was amazing. I haven't done this in a long time and of course, I enjoyed it. It is fun to fly freely through anything.

Not wanting to waste any more time, I went straight to the alley at the end of the former old church in this town. This place is a slum and dark area that is home to criminals. Just looking at the situation showed that this place was like that.

I quickly approached a group of humans who were having a conversation in a broken-down house. I also cast defense and camouflage magic just in case.

...

"All of you will be waiting at the usual place, nyaa. I'll make sure the target will be bigger this time, nyaa"

"I'm sorry miss, but the authorities have already started tracing our movements"

"That's easy, nyaa. Just follow all my instructions, nyaa. Don't you want money? Nyaa"

"But-"

"Shut up! If you're going to leave, you know what the consequences, right? Answer me!"

"Get ready, miss!"

***

22