Chapter 47
498 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were on our way to see a house that I was going to buy in this town. In order to do that, we had to contact the house for sale in the town and check it out right before we bought it. From the location, it's pretty far from downtown.

The city is surrounded by high walls that protect it from any attack but some places are enclosed by fortified walls. And that place is one of the locations of this house. Even so, the house was still in the city area so the security forces could still reach the place.

"Uh, it looks like I need to find a new place where we can be free. But I didn't hear her from the next room. Where is she?"

My daily activities were traveling around and having fun together in this city. Even so, I'm still doing something that will benefit me.

This is the first time I've been able to experience the life of another world that has hidden beauty. It's very different from the modern times in my previous world.

It's very much like the nostalgic medieval atmosphere found in history books. There is no noise from machines and only people doing traditional activities. The clothing and culture are very unique. For modern city dwellers who are tired of their busy lives, this may be the perfect vacation.

Of course, some things are different like monsters and magic, but other than that it's the same. And apart from the problems of city life, such as frequent crime and poverty, I can still enjoy life here.

"Time to work..."

Early in the morning, I woke up together with the others. It was our routine to start physical training before leaving to take quests. Since the city would be crowded when the sun came up, we had to do it before then.

Rose who usually wakes up early would knock on the door of the inn room to get ready. But today she didn't.

"Princess, the banquet is ready- Oh... she's still sleeping"

After checking on her in the next room, it turned out that she was not awake. Innocently, she was sleeping naked.

"I didn't see!"

"Hmm... I'll just burn her skin a little. Really shameless, she is"

"Wait"

I picked up my knife and threw it at this tomboyish girl. I didn't aim for the vital area and I tried not to use full force. Maybe if it hit it would only cause a scratch.

Dang!

"Hah!”

"Good morning sleeping princess!"

"Shit! You want to kill me, sis!"

"This also counts as practice. You managed to avoid it anyway, right? Don't worry, it's just a fake knife"

"Bullshit! The knife was shiny and stuck firmly! Why is training more life-threatening these days!"

"Of course, if you want me to kill you then I'll do it now. You understand slacker"

"Okay! I'm up now! Let's get going!"

"Your clothes!"

"Oh I forgot"

Our training was quite simple, just doing physical and stamina training. And we usually do that by running around the city to warm up and practicing using weapons in the field.

Since the city only had one open space and it was a training ground for soldiers then we had to do it before they came. But sometimes we meet them too. And of course, some of them tried to get close to this half-naked girl.

"Don't forget to wear your underwear"

"I don't like it. It makes me hot."

"It's when you're sweating that the men who see you suddenly get 'hot'. Did you forget what I told you?"

"Yes, okay Mom. I'm listening"

"Don't forget we're going to go check the house. You should be back after helping Jenna. And don't ever-"

"Never talk to anyone or accept anything from anyone suspicious, right? You're just like old man, always saying things over and over again"

"And don't eat anything, it's for sale. I'll go to the housing agency with Celi first"

**

This afternoon we arrived at the house we were going to buy. With Celi's help, we were able to make a very cheap and easy purchase. But after arriving I found out what happened.

"Ssshhh... I already told you, nyaa"

"Yes, of course. I expected it but didn't think it would be this bad"

"You-you can't refund the deposit ma’am, and-and we're not trying to scam you, you know that right"

"Yes, sir. You have nothing to worry about"

"Woah there are so many inside"

"What do you mean little child? It's an empty house and we've checked it before"

"No, I mean something else"

"Sorry, my son has a special talent"

"What do you mean, ghosts? Hah! That's just a made-up story. There are no ghosts in this world, so you have nothing to be afraid of, haha"

"He's lying, nyaa! This house is the most haunted of all places in town, nyaa"

"Hey Miss Celi, don't spread false news to my customers!"

"Sir, is this really a house where humans live?"

"Are you kidding me, ma'am? This is a real house. You can estimate how spacious and grand it is, right? Of course, you'll be amazed by the surrounding scenery"

"Isn't the one beside that a graveyard?"

"You're right. I saw it too. The house is big but it's not maintained, there's a lot of damage that desperately needs to be repaired, and look at this whole messy yard"

"And such a big house stands here and far away from the other houses"

"You're asking about those things, right? This house-"

"Which is famous for being haunted! Even the homeless don't want to live here! It's creepy, Nyaa!"

"Shut up- Cough… I'm sorry, this house is one of the most unique. We designed it with a gothic theme and maybe you heard rumors-"

"Okay fine. I know you're trying to sell the cursed house right? No need to continue to guide us, I'll just buy it. Please take this gold coin"

"Really?! Yahoo- wait ma'am this is the certificate of ownership and the agreed upon sale and purchase agreement. You know that it can't be returned before a year has passed or you'll be charged a penalty fee"

"Celi you took care of the paperwork"

"Thank you! Please move into your new home. If you need anything, you can contact me. Goodbye!"

The man who had gotten the money immediately ran away without looking back.

"He's running away"

"I warned you, nyaa"

"Look on the bright side. We got a mansion with only 30 gold coins. A ghost? I guess that's not a problem either. I've even experienced worse than that"

"The backyard is very spacious! I think it's perfect for training. But it still doesn't make me feel any better"

"And there are a lot of rooms. I can finally have my room. Wait, can you really see ghosts?"

"Now that I have regained the ability to see things that are hidden. My Eyes of Truth skill can also see things like spirits or something or soul of someone"

"Is that the only ability of your skill? I don't think it's any more useful than mine"

"I have just recently re-awakened it! Wait and you'll be surprised"

"What are you kids talking about? nyaa"

"So you can see the soul of a person too?"

"I can at a glance. But it's not as clear as seeing the physical form. It's just like an image and I can't do it all the time. It requires quite a lot of mana energy"

"Hmm... how do you see me? My soul?"

"Wait...”

“How is it?”

“Uh…"

"Why?"

"I see… Big tiddies Mommy, hehe"

"I knew it. Your perverted little man, bis sis"

"What about me?"

"Urgh, this is too pure"

"Thanks for the compliment! I had expected that I would be like a beautiful flower that no one would touch"

"Or that no one wants to touch you? They avoid you because you're a rotten-type flower. Nobody wants it! That's really a description of a hundred-year virgin"

"Hey!"

"Then what do you see from this place?"

"There's a lot of it and it's something that lives here"

"Dangerous? Elene you can handle something like this right"

"Don't ask me. You also know my magic didn't work against ghost when we were in the tomb"

"We will help as much as we can"

"Okay, let's just check the inside. Elene put up magic armor"

"Isn't it useless for soul attacks?"

We soon entered the grounds of this mansion. This place was so quiet that we thought we were far away from the city. But indeed when we set foot for the first time, the unwelcoming atmosphere felt like it was pressing on the body. Fortunately, Frilli's ring that neutralizes mind attacks was very effective in dealing with this.

Arriving at the door, I who was in front was about to try to grab the doorknob but my steps suddenly stopped.

'Go away!'

"What was that?!"

"Did you hear it?"

"I told you, I told you! This place is creepy"

'Go away all of you!’

"Big sis!"

"Urgh... the energy is so strong. My body has been pushed"

"Mama! I think we need the help of the church!”

***

11