Chapter 3: Misadventurers
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[You have been Challenged by Blaidd, Teleport to the Arena?]

"Yes!"

In a flash of light Willow was teleported to the Arena, an area of the starter village that was used to host PVP battles by players. Once she appeared, her opponent across the Arena stood waiting, his heavy wolf themed armor and massive greatsword reminding willow of a certain half-wolf swordsman from an old game her sister played once.

"Are you the one who challenged me?"

"Aye, I am Blaidd, Half-Wolf Knight, and I will defeat you!"

Both combatants grabbed their weapons,and got into a battle stance. Charging towards each other, they clashed with Willow's Naginata and Blaidd's Greatsword sending spark across the other's blade. Spectators filled the seats, as the image of a thunder dragon and a frosty wolf appeared behind the two warriors.

Both fighters jumped back and prepared to use their most powerful move, aiming to end the fight as soon as possible, with both at similar levels of strength.

"Thunder Goddess' Descent!"

"Fenrir's Howl!"

The head of a dragon of lightning formed around Willow's weapon, as she jumped in the air to dive at Blaidd, whose greatsword was covered in an icy fog and swung at the attacking demon. The attacks clashed but Willow's just barely overpowered Blaidd's Leaving the warrior shocked that his strength was too weak to fend off the thunder goddess.

Duels end when a successful attack is thrown, meaning an attack that can injure or kill an enemy and not impair it, this is to prevent a mud mage from just turning the ground into mud and winning instantly due to an attack successfully hitting the opponent and impairing them. 

[This Duel has concluded, the Winner is Willow Coldsteel, Thunder Goddess, she receives 10 Dols for winning in a non-betting match.]

"Good Match, Blaidd, I hope you hold no grudge against me."

"No hard feelings, I know when I have lost, your an honorable warrior."

Moving to the place where Blaidd had stood when she entered the arena, she waited for new duel requests to accept, her battle maniac nature showing in a grim smile plastered on her face.

[You have been challenged by The King, Accept?]

"Yes, I wonder why he's called the king?"

Suddenly in a flash of light a man wearing a very flashy outfit appeared, rocking on an electric guitar and sending bolts of lightning everywhere. Willow smirked, realizing that he was cosplaying The King from an old game her sister played about surviving in a nuclear wasteland.

As the crowd cheered, both Player and NPC, Willow and The King prepared for a battle, Her Lancer class against his Musical Mage class.

***

Ash Walked through the forest her tail twitching in annoyance as she felt someone following her, she could tell it was a dwarf player and that it was a female dwarf, but other than that she had no clue why they were following her.

"Come on out, I know you're there."

"Can't get anything past the fire goddess can I? I'm Dorado, and I came to give you something to boost your power, My latest and greatest creation!"

The dwarven woman pulled out a golden pocket watch from her bag, her rabbit-like ears lazily flopping around her head. She smiled brightly, her slightly shorter height causing her to resemble a child more than a dwarf in appearance. Unlike male dwarves, Female dwarves were taller, had no beard, and had rabbit-like ears on their head always flopping down to their chins.

Taking the pocket watch in her hand, Ash looked confused at the item before Dorado explained its purpose.

"It's called The Broken Pocket Watch, and It can stop time for 5 seconds in a 3oft radius around itself, I created it solely for your use, so not even I can activate it, and it has a 15 min cooldown before it can be used again so make sure you use it carefully."

"Got it, anything else?"

"Nothing, but if you want me to improve it then I'll be in the beginner town at the artifact shop."

Ash just nodded and continued to the dungeon she had originally been traveling to.

***

In an icy room in an old house, Maple Pines, or as she's known on the forums [COLD_CUBEZ] sat on an old chair, her new title as the winter goddess comes with some new responsibilities. Her unique class of Frost Sentinel granting her unparalleled ice magic as her long elven ears twitched in annoyance at the water goddess who kept annoying her.

"I will Defeat You!"

"No you won't, your water magic is useless against ice magic, even a basic ice mage could beat you."

The water goddess had come every day for the past week to challenge Maple to a duel, only to be beaten in under 5 seconds due to not being able to overpower Maple's ice magic. Now Maple refuses to accept any duel requests from the water goddess, as she just wants to play the game for once.

"Leave me alone you useless goddess!"

"Hey! I'm not useless!"

"You are to me."

0