chapter 5
301 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a starkly white room, Ethen sat in a lotus position. Next to him, arranged neatly in a row from green to golden to red, were three syringes. The first syringe contained a light green liquid, shimmering subtly in the room's bright light.

For the past four months, Ethen had been gearing up for this moment. He had delayed the process, contemplating whether he should create something beyond the kryptonite serum and the antidote he had already developed. A new idea had sparked in his mind.

He envisioned a serum that would push his cells to further enhance and strengthen themselves, particularly while interacting with kryptonite. This wasn't just about fortifying his existing abilities; it was an exploration into uncharted biological territories.

Ethen's goal was ambitious. He hoped the serum would not only bolster his cellular structure but also potentially trigger beneficial mutations when combined with kryptonite. It was a daring experiment, toeing the line between groundbreaking advancement and unforeseen risks.

The light green serum was the preliminary stage, designed to prime his cells. The dark golden serum was the core enhancer, a concoction of critical elements to stimulate cellular evolution. The final syringe, filled with red liquid, was a stabilizer to ensure the transformations remained controlled.

Ethen looked at the syringes with a sense of resolve. This was a leap into the unknown, blending cutting-edge science with a bold ambition. Each serum was a critical step toward a potential new phase of existence, a venture into possibilities that could redefine the very essence of who he was.

Ethen grabbed the golden syringe, its metallic sheen glinting in the stark light of the room. With a swift motion, he pierced it into his arm, immediately feeling an intense rush coursing through his veins. Next, he took the kryptonite serum, his actions decisive. As he injected it, his anticipation was palpable.

Initially, as he sat down, there was no sensation, just a moment of eerie calm. Then, suddenly, a torrent of pain swept over his entire body.

The enhanced serum began its work, and Ethen could feel every cell in his body breaking down and rearranging itself. It was a sensation of being torn apart and rebuilt from the inside, both excruciating and exhilarating.

The kryptonite serum's effect was profound, making him feel as if every cell was dying. There was a searing pain, as if his very life force was being extinguished.

His vision blurred, and his breath came in short, ragged gasps. It was an agony that transcended physical pain, reaching into the depths of his being.

Yet, the golden serum worked in tandem, repairing the destruction wrought by the kryptonite. It was a battle at the cellular level – destruction and healing occurring simultaneously.

With each passing second, Ethen could feel the golden serum amplifying his cells, enhancing them beyond their natural capabilities.

The pain escalated to an unbearable level, and Ethen’s consciousness began to waver. He felt as if he was being pulled into an abyss, caught between life and death, evolution and extinction. The process was overwhelming, testing the limits of his endurance.

His body convulsed slightly, a physical manifestation of the turmoil within. He knew he couldn't hold on much longer. The room spun around him, and his vision darkened at the edges, a sign that he was on the brink of losing consciousness.

As he slipped into unconsciousness, Ethen's last coherent thought was a hope that he would awaken transformed, that his gamble would pay off. Then darkness enveloped him, and he knew no more.

As Ethen lay unconscious, his body began a remarkable metamorphosis. The entire room started to vibrate subtly, and the syringes began hovering, as if an unseen force was stirring them into motion.

His body commenced a dramatic transformation, dissolving into a blend of colors – a vivid fusion of green, golden, and red hues. This spectacle was mesmerizing, a beautiful display of his evolving nature.

During this transformation, Ethen's body formed a cocoon, enveloped in a golden light that shimmered and illuminated the room. The cocoon, pulsating with energy, was a symbol of the profound changes occurring within. It was as if every cell in his body was being rewritten, endowed with new capabilities and powers.

This metamorphosis signified a pivotal shift in Ethen's existence. The blend of the serums' effects – the enhancement, the kryptonite's restructuring, and the stabilizing properties – were giving rise to something extraordinary.

Within the cocoon of golden light, Ethen was not just changing; he was being reborn, equipped with newfound powers that would redefine his very essence.

As the cocoon of light glowed brighter, it was clear that Ethen would emerge from this experience transformed in ways he could never have imagined. This was not just a physical change but a fundamental evolution, heralding the dawn of a new chapter in his life

As days went by, undisturbed, Ethen continued to undergo an evolution unknown to anyone in this universe.

The cocoon around him began to crack and break, a process that took nearly an hour. As the shell finally crumbled, it transformed into light, which then poured into his body.

Regaining consciousness, Ethen slowly opened his eyes to a glimmer of golden light, which faded within seconds. He looked down and realized he was naked, prompting him to wonder why. He was fortunate to have been unconscious through the ordeal.

Had he been awake, the experience of his body breaking down and restructuring itself might have been unbearable, to the point of wishing for death.

As he awoke, Ethen felt an overwhelming sense of renewal. It was as if every part of his being had been refined, leaving him feeling stronger and more powerful than before. There was a certain lightness to his body, a new agility and vitality that he had never experienced.

His mind was clear, thoughts sharp and focused. The pain and turmoil of the transformation had given way to a profound sense of peace and purpose. He understood that he had been reborn, not just physically, but in essence.

This new chapter in his life was not just about adapting to changes but embracing the vast potential that now lay within him.

I just wanted a way for him to gain powers without much complexity, and these powers he will gain will fit that purpose.

13