UN-1
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PROLOGUE

EPISODE-Ø

 

|LEON TAKUIRA|

 

My life wasn't really a happy one...

 

I relied on a single story to get through it after most incidents, it was quite the unique story too.

 

I often draw to escape reality, my dreams making them into life.

 

I hated my birthdays...why? 

 

Because most things I cherished disappeared on that day, always. 

 

They used to be normal, but not anymore...I barely celebrated it anymore. 

 

I was a lot more mature than most children, but fragile as well. 

 

I don't really remember things the best...maybe because of trauma...

 

I made a friend, or multiple. 

 

The most important one among them, was someone I loved, her name was Alice Seras. 

 

We met in sixth grade, she was from America, it was strange why she would travel from there to China. 

 

After meeting her, we became the best of friends in a short summary. 

 

Assassin training wasn't the best part, but it's whatever now...

 

I was just a small writer, making a living as the days passed by. 

 

Twenty years old, and twenty one this year after my birthday.

 

I was still practicing my drawing skills, along with reading a certain story by the name of...TWSA.

 

On a bright sunny day, heading home on the subway as I usually do. 

 

I read TWSA’s last…chapter, it was long, but the ending was resolute. 

 

Fulfilling, who could’ve known it would end like this? 

 

Though, the epilogue would happen after this. 

 

I couldn’t wait, but it was then when the author sent a message. 

 

I also had a strange feeling, something worse was going to happen. 

 

It was also because…some of my mem-

 

(LEON TAKUIRA)-Ugh…my head…

 

I didn’t know why it hurt, though, it feels like I’ve forgotten something. 

 

What was the author saying again? 

 

Something about…

 

(LEON TAKUIRA)-Hmm…?

 

I noticed the man who was sitting beside me, reading the same story.

 

(LEON TAKUIRA)-Kim…Dokja? 

 

That was the name of the other reader who read this story to the end with me, it seems he also just finished reading the final chapter. 

 

I was curious about the author’s last message as well, but I had time to dwell on it later. 

 

…Or so I thought, once the time hit 7:00 pm…the train lights suddenly went off.

 

Then it shook, my mind going awry, my instincts kicking. 

 

I secretly took the gun from my waist, the one I kept in case of emergency.

 

(LEON TAKUIRA)-Quick, make sure that-

 

My thoughts accelerating before…I saw it, and the voice echoing into my mind.

 

This was…the time my life began to change, for better or the worse, the instant…a certain ending I knew came into mind.

 

|U/N|

 

When I was a 7th grader, I had recently picked up on reading novels. 

 

Or chapter books, they were filled with many words and no pictures. 

 

Stories of many genres were among them, you could find them anywhere.

 

Online or in the library, and there was one certain web novel that made me want to read to the end of it. 

 

This story, was about a regressor. 

 

It was never boring, though many readers left due to the excessive over-detailed of it. 

 

But it was a great story nonetheless, it had genres upon genres inside it.

 

But it never had any romance, or much of it. 

 

Like returnees, reincarnation, a very unique action packed fantasy powered world. 

 

At the time, I was just someone who was hooked on the story. 

 

The large amount of words were bothersome, as I was a slow reader. 

 

But I savored every single word, envisioning all the scenes in my mind, from my own perspective.

 

I stopped reading the story at one point once I found better stories, abandoning it for a few months before finding it again. 

 

This time, I kept reading, it didn't matter now.

 

Whether it was boring, or how it was, the words affected me. 

 

Through my daily life, I could sympathize and relate and understand them. 

 

It made me feel depressed often, due to the sad scenes that usually pop up. 

 

So I dropped it again, removing the source of what was causing my discomfort. 

 

A year passing by, as if by fate, I was in eighth grade now. 

 

Finding the novel once more after a couple months, was my fate somehow entangled with this story in some way or another? 

 

I wasn't sure, but I would only find out if I read it again, right? 

 

Being more experienced than last time, and read the novel until I couldn't anymore. 

 

There were too many chapters, and they were all very long. 

 

My interest was gone, as I continued to read other stories. 

 

Then...like a comet, I had come back to the novel after a long time. 

 

In high school now, I checked on the chapter I left on. 

 

There were always two other readers, consistent comments, they often responded to each other. 

 

They seemed to enjoy the story, but to me, it was crazy, no…it was completely insane how they could read this all the way to the end.

 

But...I had a weird thought, what if I...were a character in this novel? 

 

I was around the same age as Lee Jihye, a character in the novel, maybe we could've been friends.

 

Then again, I wouldn't want to be in a novel like this where I could die at any moment. 

 

If I were, I would probably die in the first scenario unless I somehow didn't out of luck. 

 

I would like a boring, peaceful, and safe life that would be fulfilling. 

 

No ambition, except a life that would keep me relatively happy. 

 

Or so I thought...

 

"Jihye, could you pass me my eraser?" An unfamiliar voice asked, I was just reminiscing about the past, but...why was that name being said?! 

 

It was like an electric bolt had been thrown at me, my reaction a bit slow, I took a look around the room. 

 

It was currently study period...wait, study period? 

 

My thoughts returned to the familiar name, it was from the same web novel I had first read, it had been repeated many times in the novel. 

 

But, then again, it could just be a coincidence...right?

 

I often jump to conclusions, so I was a bit embarrassed. 

 

The teacher walked out of the room as I took my phone which I hid in my desk.

 

Funnily enough, when I got my phone and turned it on, it was 6:59 pm.

 

Then it became 7:00 pm. 

 

I had a few moments of peace, before it turned into panic by a loud voice that sounded ethereal, a little...too perfect. 

 

[THE FREE SERVICE OF PLANETARY SYSTEM 8612 HAS BEEN TERMINATED!]

 

A familiar screen, fonts, from that novel appeared in front of me.

 

[THE MAIN SCENARIO HAS BEGUN.]

 

I was surprised, shocked, in disbelief.

 

But...I was...a bit calm for some reason. 

 

"Who are you?"

0